Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bon Jovi: Deluxe Edition (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71048)

Jovi98 01-24-2024 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1287263)
Maybe we'll get 8 albums re-released, each containing around 5 mixes of the lead single. That'll give you 40 "new" tracks as well :mrgreen:

Don't give these pearls of ideas that maybe someone of BJ management could read them and apply them :mrgreen:

Dave 1986 01-24-2024 04:47 PM

Bon Jovi: Deluxe Edition

Just saw this on Instagram. Really cool and totally unexpected!

It’s available on UK iTunes now;

Bon Jovi (Deluxe Edition) by Bon Jovi https://music.apple.com/gb/album/bon...ion/1726090997

Like a few others, I’m not super wild over this era of the band but I’ve always been very fond of the first 2 albums and to see a release like this from them is really awesome. I may pick up the CD version or just download the extra tracks separately.

I’m guessing the live tracks were previously released on the 2010 special edition?

Be interesting if any other albums get the same treatment. We already have a New Jersey Deluxe Edition but it will be interesting to see. Maybe other albums will get a bonus DVD/Blu Ray?

On the other hand, if most of what appears on this release ends up on the next box set, I think I’ll hold off until then.

Thinny 01-24-2024 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1287266)
I may pick up the CD version or just download the extra tracks separately.

As far as I can see there are no plans for a CD release. Just Ruby Red Vinyl and Cassette - both just featuring the original 9 tracks. The Full tracklisting is actually a little too long to fit on to one CD, so they would either need to omit a track or make it a double.

Quote:

I’m guessing the live tracks were previously released on the 2010 special edition?

Correct, although the Breakout version on this new version features a longer intro of Jon doing a sing a long with the crowd.

Quote:

Maybe other albums will get a bonus DVD/Blu Ray?

I dont really think there is much of a market for the bonus DVD format these days. Labels are shying away from that and a lot of people don't even have anything to play a DVD on anymore.

Dave 1986 01-24-2024 06:27 PM

Bon Jovi: Deluxe Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1287267)
As far as I can see there are no plans for a CD release. Just Ruby Red Vinyl and Cassette - both just featuring the original 9 tracks. The Full tracklisting is actually a little too long to fit on to one CD, so they would either need to omit a track or make it a double.

Correct, although the Breakout version on this new version features a longer intro of Jon doing a sing a long with the crowd.

I dont really think there is much of a market for the bonus DVD format these days. Labels are shying away from that and a lot of people don't even have anything to play a DVD on anymore.

All very good points. Thanks for the info. The Instagram post I saw gave me the impression that a CD version was on the way based on the animation at the end.

In a way I’m glad there’s no CD version as I really didn’t feel like double-dipping (or triple as I did own the 1998 remaster until I sold it in favour of the original 80s CD) on this album.

I think I’ll still hold off getting the bonus tracks in case they’re all included on the next box set though.

prayer_84 01-24-2024 07:44 PM

The ruby red vinyl is a treat but 50 bucks is a bit steep for me. As for the deluxe streaming edition, I really like the extended version of Runaway and think it should have been used since day one. The live tracks are good but already used on the 2011 reissue so I see no added value here.

steel_horse75 01-24-2024 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1287273)
The ruby red vinyl is a treat but 50 bucks is a bit steep for me. As for the deluxe streaming edition, I really like the extended version of Runaway and think it should have been used since day one. The live tracks are good but already used on the 2011 reissue so I see no added value here.

I think the extended solo is new. It wasnt wrote at the time

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 01-24-2024 09:46 PM

It sounds like Tim's style to me, not sure!

jovifan85 01-24-2024 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1287275)
I think the extended solo is new. It wasnt wrote at the time

Phil X? Or John Shanks? I don't think JBJ asked Richie Sambora, doesn't sound his style of playing.

rokuli 01-24-2024 09:52 PM

Very interesting indeed.

Was hoping for a more thorough "SUPER DELUXE" physical multi disc edition with full concerts, demos and alternate versions ala Metallica's recent boxes but I guess the vinyl and cassette will be the only ones available for purchase...

They really do recycle those Japan 1985 tracks oh well...

Let's see how they treat Slippery and New Jersey.

steel_horse75 01-24-2024 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokuli (Post 1287278)
Very interesting indeed.

Was hoping for a more thorough "SUPER DELUXE" physical multi disc edition with full concerts, demos and alternate versions ala Metallica's recent boxes but I guess the vinyl and cassette are the only physical copes one can obtain.

Let's see how they treat Slippery and New Jersey...

I dont think they will do anything. Its 40 years since the debut...not Sww or NJ.