Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

Captmorgs 07-30-2017 02:00 AM

In my opinion, the greatest combination of band performance and quality of recording (radio broadcast): Bremen 1995. Band on fire, on top of their game.

jovifan93 07-30-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1226512)
In my opinion, the greatest combination of band performance and quality of recording (radio broadcast): Bremen 1995. Band on fire, on top of their game.

Bon Jovi - Live in Bremen, Germany 1995 [FULL] - YouTube

Agreed! Was my first ever concert (and BJ concert), and just a blast! :-)

Rdkopper 07-31-2017 04:36 AM

Even though this was just a quick attempt, Jon's now voice could still do songs like this justice... This would be that perfect Jon moment, after the encore, to do justice to one of his solo classics... Just based on this snippet, he's spot on and if you close your eyes, it sounds like it did 20 years ago...

Walleris 07-31-2017 05:24 AM

Well, that's hardly an accomplishment. Anyone who isn't tone deaf could sing at least half of DA as most songs are recorded in baritone range.

I do, however agree, that he should do these things more often. Instead of ruining Bon Jovi legacy, he should just do his solo act, play a few Jovi classics and deep cuts that are more fitting to whatever voice he has left. Midnight in Chelsea comes to mind, as one that's both easy to sing and popular enough to make audience happy to hear it, especially in Europe.

bonjovi90 07-31-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1226524)
Well, that's hardly an accomplishment. Anyone who isn't tone deaf could sing at least half of DA as most songs are recorded in baritone range.

I do, however agree, that he should do these things more often. Instead of ruining Bon Jovi legacy, he should just do his solo act, play a few Jovi classics and deep cuts that are more fitting to whatever voice he has left. Midnight in Chelsea comes to mind, as one that's both easy to sing and popular enough to make audience happy to hear it, especially in Europe.

Agreed on both points! I love the DA album but most of it is pretty easy to sing, especially the low register songs like Little City, Cold Hard Heart, Staring At Your Window etc.
Jon should really rely more on these songs since he doesn't have to kill himself to deliver them nowadays.

Rdkopper 07-31-2017 03:36 PM

I stumbled across this and although Jon never really performed this song live, I thought this was a cool cover to give you a glimpse of what it could sound like.

bonjovi90 08-01-2017 12:09 AM

Sometimes even longtime diehard fans stumble across gigs close to no one had heard of before. Like I did the other day :D
These Days acoustic from Hamburg 1996:

Rdkopper 08-01-2017 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226530)
Sometimes even longtime diehard fans stumble across gigs close to no one had heard of before. Like I did the other day :D
These Days acoustic from Hamburg 1996:

Bon Jovi - These Days (Acoustic / Hamburg 1996) - YouTube

Very nice surprise indeed!!! Thanks for posting

Gadden 08-01-2017 09:43 PM

An Evening With Bon Jovi (1080p)

Upscaled from the CD-i and not the LD.

Eveline 08-04-2017 10:11 AM

Oldie but goldie. Bon Jovi in Poland!

Playback performance (Jon says absolutely nothing between the songs) and the interview at the end is quite entertaining :D