Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

Jeeper 08-26-2016 04:25 PM

Big Metallica fan. This song is ok. Hope for better on the album.

Their last truly great song was Broken, Beat & Scarred.

KSantaFe 08-27-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1205454)
Big Metallica fan. This song is ok. Hope for better on the album.

Their last truly great song was Broken, Beat & Scarred.

For me Hate Train was better than most of the songs on DM.

rolo_tomachi 08-27-2016 01:36 AM

Death Magnetic is great album for me. My favorite songs; That Was Your Life, The Day That Never Comes, The Judas Kiss, My Apocalypse. Also, All Night Along, Broken Beat Scarred and The End of the Line are pretty cool.

KSantaFe 08-27-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205465)
Death Magnetic is great album for me.

I'm probably one of the few people who consider DM to be Metallica's weakest studio album (discounting Lulu of course) - I like it, but it there are fewer songs that I connect with as deeply when compared to any of their other records.

Jeeper 08-27-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205463)
For me Hate Train was better than most of the songs on DM.

It's not a bad song. Metallica by numbers for me.

DM had some very good songs, and some filler.

rolo_tomachi 08-27-2016 11:50 PM

Hammett talked about METALLICA's mindset as it prepares to hit the road in support of the band's long-awaited new album, "Hardwired…To Self-Destruct", due on November 18. He said: "You have to understand, we have been together for 33 years. The last time we put out an album, we had been together for 25 years. Whenever we accomplish a goal… you know, we actually set out to do something and when we actually accomplish it — like making an album, making a movie, making a video, making a tour or whatever — once we get to the point where we've done the lion's share of things and we're ready to just cruise, it's always a really, really great feeling."

He continued: "The album's mostly finished — 99 percent finished — and it's a good time, because now we can go to the next step, which is playing the songs, performing them for the public, talking about them, making sure as many people as physically possible can hear these tunes and just working it like we always do.

"For us, going out and playing shows, it's really, really fun for us, really, really great, but over time, the mileage we have on ourselves, on our personal odometers, they're way up there. [Laughs] So, having said that, we have to take care of ourselves, and we have to make sure that going into this next little phase that we do it correctly and we do it in a healthy way that ensures much more longevity. And, yeah, it really feels like we've climbed the summit and we've reached the peak and now we can just cruise for a while."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kir...AUe9bJw9AS1.99

Jeeper 08-28-2016 12:17 PM

Does anyone know if James has ever met JBJ after the Donnington incident?

I know JBJ and Sebastian Bach are on better terms. They broke the ice so to speak in a London hotel. JBJ joined Bach and Axl Rose and had drinks with them.

I've always been intrigued how Jon and Axl would get on or if they had ever met.

Javier 08-29-2016 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1205497)
Does anyone know if James has ever met JBJ after the Donnington incident?

I know JBJ and Sebastian Bach are on better terms. They broke the ice so to speak in a London hotel. JBJ joined Bach and Axl Rose and had drinks with them.

I've always been intrigued how Jon and Axl would get on or if they had ever met.

The 2 bands had to have crossed paths in 2001 on the vh1 awards. Nothing was ever reported other than the fact that there was obvious respect coming from both parts but even that could have been made up assumed and the 2 neve even saw each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jeeper 09-02-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1205528)
The 2 bands had to have crossed paths in 2001 on the vh1 awards. Nothing was ever reported other than the fact that there was obvious respect coming from both parts but even that could have been made up assumed and the 2 neve even saw each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks. James is an awkward guy at times, as is JBJ. Come to think of it, ditto with Axl and Sebastian Bach. Must be a lead singer thing.

Javier 09-06-2016 01:54 AM

I will be seeing them again in less than 2 months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.