Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The last tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70819)

Santa Fe 06-12-2021 08:17 PM

The last tour
 
Just curious .
When do you think the last tour of the band could be?
Interested on your thoughts:)

rolo_tomachi 06-12-2021 09:13 PM

2034 --- the last tour & END.

liljovi93 06-12-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274129)
2034 --- the last tour & END.

You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 06-12-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274129)
2034 --- the last tour & END.

Maybe Jon, definitely not Tico.
Somewhere around 2026 is my bet.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Santa Fe 06-12-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274130)
You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

And Hugh would be 83 :(

Supersonic 06-12-2021 09:40 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1274128)
Just curious .
When do you think the last tour of the band could be?
Interested on your thoughts:)

2011 was the last tour. Anything that's come after hasn't come close to what happened before. And with every subsequent new show Jon will do he'll confirm this idea further and further and further.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Santa Fe 06-12-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1274133)
Aloha !



2011 was the last tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

But you say that because of Richie's departure ?

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274130)
You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter that much anymore that Tico and Dave aren't on the trip. Jon took care of that. All of Jon's decisions have been made for the good of the business. That WWWB documentary was the first stone to change that idealized concept of a band that we had... for JBJ Enterprise that incorporates Bon Jovi, and this is made up of hired musicians. Jon appreciates the loyalty, but it's still his business, his brand, not the brand of Tico and Dave. It was embarrassing to see how they made Hugh an official member after more than 20 years touring with the band and making records since Runaway era. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was a small moment of justice, but even so, it highlighted more that this problem had been dragging on since its first stage, by not making Hugh official at least since 1995.

Look what the Bon Jovi website has become, it is a merchandising site that all revolves around JBJ, with an integrated VIP service to get more money from the wealthier.

Let's be honest, Jon love writing and recording, and Bon Jovi it's still his big business. Jon's ego won't stop, especially when other bands/artists from his generation like U2, Metallica and Bryan Adams move on.

If Jon retires before 2034 it will be for other reasons, perhaps for health, and because his business would stop being profitable by his standards. Maybe, if this were to happen before Tico and Dave get off the boat sooner, Jon would take advantage of this to say that they reached an agreement to leave it, because he could not continue without them, but that would only be artificial makeup, like all the decisions you have made throughout your career.

Dave and Tico won't be the reason to stop. If Jon stays healthy, he could do a record and a little tour every 5 years. This is a feasible scenario, as long as Jon's health is good enough to deal with what this would entail. I have no doubt that he will continue to stay in shape for the next 10 years. We just have to cross our fingers so that Jon doesn't have any illness or serious health problem. I believe that a BON JOVI Comeback every 5/6 years can be a business.

liljovi93 06-13-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274142)
It doesn't matter that much anymore that Tico and Dave aren't on the trip. Jon took care of that. All of Jon's decisions have been made for the good of the business. That WWWB documentary was the first stone to change that idealized concept of a band that we had... for JBJ Enterprise that incorporates Bon Jovi, and this is made up of hired musicians. Jon appreciates the loyalty, but it's still his business, his brand, not the brand of Tico and Dave. It was embarrassing to see how they made Hugh an official member after more than 20 years touring with the band and making records since Runaway era. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was a small moment of justice, but even so, it highlighted more that this problem had been dragging on since its first stage, by not making Hugh official at least since 1995.



Look what the Bon Jovi website has become, it is a merchandising site that all revolves around JBJ, with an integrated VIP service to get more money from the wealthier.



Let's be honest, Jon love writing and recording, and Bon Jovi it's still his big business. Jon's ego won't stop, especially when other bands/artists from his generation like U2, Metallica and Bryan Adams move on.



If Jon retires before 2034 it will be for other reasons, perhaps for health, and because his business would stop being profitable by his standards. Maybe, if this were to happen before Tico and Dave get off the boat sooner, Jon would take advantage of this to say that they reached an agreement to leave it, because he could not continue without them, but that would only be artificial makeup, like all the decisions you have made throughout your career.

The question was when do you think the last tour of the band will be, not Jon.

I get it's the JBJ show now and has been for a while but the question was about Bon Jovi as a band now.

Jon probably won't ever retire. The others on the other hand...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274143)
The question was when do you think the last tour of the band will be, not Jon.

I get it's the JBJ show now and has been for a while but the question was about Bon Jovi as a band now.

Jon probably won't ever retire. The others on the other hand...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

If you mean the BON JOVI brand, I think it will be touring until 2034. If you mean with Dave and Tico, I don't know. Dave seems to be healthier than Jon. Tico maybe in 5 years is out, or who knows, maybe not. In that matter I don't know. These guys have earned their retirement, so I would be happy with what they decide.

My personal wish is to see the BRAND alive in 2034 for one last tour. Because since Richie left, that's what BON JOVI represents today, a brand.

As Seb said, Bon Jovi's last tour as a band was in 2011.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.