Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 05-22-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1264420)
Aloha !

But really, how hard is it for this band to come up with something? I feel as if people who think it's hard to put together a song like Limitless have little to no experience how to put a song together they supposedly recorded together. If I remember well you play (or played?) in a band. Surely you ought to know it's really not that hard to play a song?

We're not talking about Pink Floyd or a prog rock band with tempo changes, alternate tunings etc. We're talking about a band who appearantly according to some over here can't play a pop song and need to resort to miming to a backing track.

It's as if people who have come to accept this mediocre attempt at promoting a song think it's actually difficult to do this. It isn't. But it takes effort, and Bon Jovi haven't put any effort into promoting an album in well over a decade now. They've had a chance to go out and promote a song for a rather large audience and they phone it in while there's bands out there on youTube with not even 10% of the audience that watches Bon Jovi and yet do better performances.

There just aren't any excuses for this. And yet people feel the need to make them just so they can justify another low for this band.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Your first statement says it all. No need to go any further....

The goal isn't to "come up with something"

The goal is to represent the song in the best way they possibly could. Considering they never played the song live as a band to work out the arrangements, it was a better decisions to use Playback.

When they first played We Don't Run live in 2015 it came off very weird and awkward... It wasn't until they worked out the backing vocals and arrangements during the 2017 tour, it sounded so much better.

I know you know everything but how do you know that it wasn't attempted and Jon hated the results?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2020 10:49 PM

I think you guys are taking it too far. The word is laziness.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2020 11:10 PM

There's a middle ground where the band doesn't have to play it together. 9 times out of 10 these talk show/online performances are recorded separately and then the video is synced together. The "who sings what part" is pretty moot, the BJ formula has always been Jon and someone singing the major third above him. That's literally a ten second discussion.

But RD is right, that could have been attempted and didn't sound great, we just don't know.

Thinny 05-23-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264414)
Come on... I don't think Jon thinks like that at all. He's not going to half ass one of his new songs on purpose. He's a professional in every way. That's just ridiculous.

Come on...everything about the new album album so far sounds and looks half assed to me. What About Now was half assed. He has certainly done more than a few half assed shows in the last 10+ years....

So, it's really not beyond Jon to half ass a TV performance....

Jon used to be the professional in every way, but not for a long time now....

YOVANAfromPeru 05-23-2020 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1264405)
It seems every time the album is talked about in an article it's being called "Bon Jovi 2020." Even listed on iTunes like that.

yeah, I think it's "Bon Jovi 2020", too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264421)
When they first played We Don't Run live in 2015 it came off very weird and awkward... It wasn't until they worked out the backing vocals and arrangements during the 2017 tour, it sounded so much better.

Do you mean Jakarta 2015? I thought We Don't Run sounded better in 2015 mini tour (and with Matt O'Ree); but that's my opinion, wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1264422)

I agree...
JBJ did the vocals, the problem are the others instruments, it would be nice a solo... lol

Javier 05-23-2020 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1264420)
Aloha !

But really, how hard is it for this band to come up with something? I feel as if people who think it's hard to put together a song like Limitless have little to no experience how to put a song together they supposedly recorded together. If I remember well you play (or played?) in a band. Surely you ought to know it's really not that hard to play a song?

We're not talking about Pink Floyd or a prog rock band with tempo changes, alternate tunings etc. We're talking about a band who appearantly according to some over here can't play a pop song and need to resort to miming to a backing track.

It's as if people who have come to accept this mediocre attempt at promoting a song think it's actually difficult to do this. It isn't. But it takes effort, and Bon Jovi haven't put any effort into promoting an album in well over a decade now. They've had a chance to go out and promote a song for a rather large audience and they phone it in while there's bands out there on youTube with not even 10% of the audience that watches Bon Jovi and yet do better performances.

There just aren't any excuses for this. And yet people feel the need to make them just so they can justify another low for this band.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sure and in all honesty I really half agree with what you and Captain Jovi are saying. But in all honesty, I don't think it would have been worth the effort. There's just no way the song would have sounded good. Sure they could have put the effort and found a way to fill out the sound and make it have energy but for all we know, they tried and it just wasn't a good representation of a single, even one that has already faded any impact it could have had....

Jonty 05-23-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1264422)

Think this can sum it up but then maybe they will plan something else. Just watched one of my other favourite world bands, Powderfinger from Australia, do a one night only live gig for charities which sounded fantastic. Each from their own houses/studios, reunion gig of sorts having broken up many years ago. So it can be done if there is willing!

Xavi 05-23-2020 12:56 PM

I cant understand that discussion when BJ throughout their career had done tons of playback presentations on tv.
If that were the first,ok,but cmon there are a lot of playbacks on the NJ era...

bonjovi90 05-23-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1264430)
Think this can sum it up but then maybe they will plan something else. Just watched one of my other favourite world bands, Powderfinger from Australia, do a one night only live gig for charities which sounded fantastic. Each from their own houses/studios, reunion gig of sorts having broken up many years ago. So it can be done if there is willing!

Oh, another Powderfinger fan! Just watched it as well, that was brilliant! Straight out of retirement after 9 years and immediately putting everything that Bon Jovi had delivered in that time frame into shame :mrgreen:

Supersonic 05-23-2020 02:34 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1264431)
I cant understand that discussion when BJ throughout their career had done tons of playback presentations on tv.
If that were the first,ok,but cmon there are a lot of playbacks on the NJ era...

Replies like these make me wonder if people actually read the things posted on here. They do playback presentations because TV shows don't provide circumstances that allow live performances. A performance recorded at home does. So unlike what some people seem to think there is no need to do a playback performance.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan