Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

BJFan99 09-20-2020 11:37 AM

Jon obviously didn't move, but this was the first show in a very long time where he didn't grip the mic stand like his life depended on it, either. His vocals were most likely nowhere near as strong as they seemed in the final broadcast after whatever type of doctoring was done to them, but after watching the full gig I agree with Dominik: he didn't sound as uncontrolled or totally out of breath as during most of the THINFS tour shows. He was much more in time as well.

So yeah, obviously there's still a very long way to go, but we'll see.

rolo_tomachi 09-20-2020 12:52 PM

Did they announce a date for the show where they are supposed to play the album?

Adam D 09-20-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1267063)
What a completely lifeless performance. No energy at all. I get that there's no audience but why does that mean you can't put on a show!? At least Jennifer looked like she was enjoying herself!

Likely, they had to stay six feet apart due to guidelines.

I wouldn't blame Jon or the band for this.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-20-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1267075)

I understand that these guidelines may prevent them from moving away from their places, but I gotta agree with the previous comments that it looked so lifeless and sleepy, especially on Jon's side. A little more enthusiasm when trying to promote an upcoming record wouldn't hurt in my book.

liljovi93 09-20-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1267075)

The thing is, 2017/2018, Jon stood by the microphone for almost every song and looked awkward but he still had that odd front man look in him. Last night, he looked like he was on a talent show and got nervous and didn't know what to do.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-20-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1267078)
The thing is, 2017/2018, Jon stood by the microphone for almost every song and looked awkward but he still had that odd front man look in him. Last night, he looked like he was on a talent show and got nervous and didn't know what to do.

I'll defend Jon on this one. He kind of explains it in the above Instagram Clip.

In short, playing for a virtual audience is awkward.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

liljovi93 09-20-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1267080)
I'll defend Jon on this one. He kind of explains it in the above Instagram Clip.

In short, playing for a virtual audience is awkward.

No, I know what he said. But the man has been going for 35+ years, he should be able to adapt. He was in the same boat as the rest of the performers.

Just my thoughts.

Rdkopper 09-20-2020 03:23 PM

So I just finishing listening to the full show. Jon seemed much better on the 2 new tracks and sounds better overall. Not sure if his vocals were ran through some filter.

The pauses are still painful.

On a side note: I thought the fill in Keyboard played did a really good job. A much better sound than what I usually hear during a KOS show. Is it the same guy?

Rdkopper 09-20-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1267081)
No, I know what he said. But the man has been going for 35+ years, he should be able to adapt. He was in the same boat as the rest of the performers.

Just my thoughts.

I can see both sides. He feeds off crowd energy and there was none there...

candidomtz 09-20-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1267078)

perhaps its strange that he doesnt take the microphone ... something that is usually recommended to improve the acoustic exposure of the voice.
If you hold the microphone with both hands it closes the thoracic cavity which prevents you from breathing better while singing.