Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What About Now revisited (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70388)

Captain_jovi 07-30-2018 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243470)
Figures...

Nah, I like his theory better then yours and that's just fine.

Rdkopper 07-30-2018 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1243475)
None of your facts interfere with what I've written. Burning Bridges being a contractual obligation has nothing to do with What About Note being shoved down everyone's throat in 2013.

And yes, if you aspire to buy something, you usually save up money before owning it. And if you're talking about multi-million dollar packages it's no different. No matter if it's about TV rights, superstar players, sponsorships or buying teams. These offers have to be rock solid and the money has to be there beforehand. Jon can't just go and say "fine, I got the deal, I'll go and earn the money within the next two years, wait for me". That's nonsense and no one would've partnered with him then.

And who are you to debunk any theory here? Dorothea is the boss at home, Jon has hinted at that on numerous occasions. He's also been quoted saying that she has kicked his ass on a regular basis (direct quote in the book "In their own words"). In 2017, he said about their upcoming tour that he had told her he was gonna do some shows just to make money to which she had replied that that's a shitty reason and he rethought his attitude.
The same way I can very much imagine him telling her that he wanted to spend x amount on the football team and her flat out saying that he had to go out and earn that because family savings for the kids etc. wouldn't be touched for such an adventure. Happens in all families.
That's called common sense.

I'm fine with you not agreeing on this, but stop attacking others for thinking outside the box and bringing up theories that don't match yours. No one wants a Trump in here.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Burning Bridges shows the end date of a contract so yes, it has everything to do with it... There was a reason why that tour started before the albums release... It could have been a cool way to get the songs heard as a way to promote the album... or maybe the record company made that choice due to time fulfilments... However I don't think it was Jon's decision to start the tour a month early because he was so desperate to raise the capital to purchase an NFL Team... You have to think much bigger... You make it seem like they were all reaching in their pockets to pull out as much change as possible... it's not only monetary but very political as well...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-30-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1243476)
Nah, I like his theory better then yours and that's just fine.

That's why I never take you serious...

bonjovi90 07-30-2018 03:17 AM

Back on the original topic, I gave the full album another spin today and it was merely okay. But usually, when I listen to a Jovi record in full, there always is at least one moment where a song or a certain passage grabs me and I repeat it again and again. Didn't happen this time around. In fact, I had a hard time concentrating on the songs.
It's not just the flow, there's something else that this album lacks for me in particular. But I can't put my finger on it just yet.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 07-30-2018 03:37 AM

Because HE Can

JackieBlue 07-30-2018 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243472)
...Explain why he needed to rush an album/tour by 6 months to earn 20 million dollars quicker for a team he never had in the first place?

Maybe because Ralph Wilson's health didn't start failing until after July 2011 and then rumors started flying that the Bills might soon be on the market. And yes, Jon had partners; but he wasn't interested in being a mere partner. He wanted to be the majority team owner; and that required substantially more cash than he had at the time. (And it wasn't 6 months. It was rushed by at least a year, maybe more, if you believe what Jon said.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243472)
...You don't even know what kind of record deal he had...

Do you?

And here's a better question: Do you think JON knew what kind of record deal he had?

Don't you think Jon would have known, in the Spring of 2011 (or even earlier), exactly when he needed to release another album in order to meet the terms of his contract?

Because in 2010, this is what Jon was saying about his plans for after the GH tour finished...

Quote:

… "I'm going to sit on a beach for August, which is usually what I do, and come September figure out what's next," Bon Jovi tells Billboard.com. Some possibilities? "A smaller-sounding solo record and/or focus more on the philanthropy and sports ownerships," he says"...
http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...cle-tour-wraps

And then in Spring 2011, he had THIS to say...
Quote:

…another multi-year break will be quite prominent come the fall of 2011...“For an old man who has no plastic surgery, still has all his own hair and wears a 30-inch waist, I’m doing OK,” joked the band’s leader, "but once exhaustion kicks in, it is in the band’s best interest to go home, be with their families, and just take a load off for a few years; and not only for the band’s sake, but for the fans as well...
http://vonthenet.com/?p=1547

There is NOTHING in there to indicate that Jon was the least bit concerned about getting another album out by the beginning of 2013. The plan was "to take a load off, for a few years", NOT the few months that it turned out to be.

It may have been that Jon just couldn't stay at home for more than a few weeks at a time back then (or so it seemed). Or maybe he was getting pressure from the label. But as long as he was meeting deadlines required by his contract, sucks to be them.

Maybe it wasn't the Bills. But it seems awfully coincidental that Jon's Toronto group was formed and had ordered a feasibility study for buying the Bills and building a stadium in Toronto, less than a month after promotion for WAN started.

It could have been any number of things, but the one thing that doesn't make sense is that it was the demands of his recording contract and pressure from the label that led to rushing WAN.

Rdkopper 07-30-2018 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1243481)
Maybe because Ralph Wilson's health didn't start failing until after July 2011 and then rumors started flying that the Bills might soon be on the market. And yes, Jon had partners; but he wasn't interested in being a mere partner. He wanted to be the majority team owner; and that required substantially more cash than he had at the time. (And it wasn't 6 months. It was rushed by at least a year, maybe more, if you believe what Jon said.)

Do you?

And here's a better question: Do you think JON knew what kind of record deal he had?

Don't you think Jon would have known, in the Spring of 2011 (or even earlier), exactly when he needed to release another album in order to meet the terms of his contract?

Because in 2010, this is what Jon was saying about his plans for after the GH tour finished...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...cle-tour-wraps

And then in Spring 2011, he had THIS to say...

http://vonthenet.com/?p=1547

There is NOTHING in there to indicate that Jon was the least bit concerned about getting another album out by the beginning of 2013. The plan was "to take a load off, for a few years", NOT the few months that it turned out to be.

It may have been that Jon just couldn't stay at home for more than a few weeks at a time back then (or so it seemed). Or maybe he was getting pressure from the label. But as long as he was meeting deadlines required by his contract, sucks to be them.

Maybe it wasn't the Bills. But it seems awfully coincidental that Jon's Toronto group was formed and had ordered a feasibility study for buying the Bills and building a stadium in Toronto, less than a month after promotion for WAN started.

It could have been any number of things, but the one thing that doesn't make sense is that it was the demands of his recording contract and pressure from the label that led to rushing WAN.

I'll squash everything you just posted very easily...

First of all, how do you know how much cash Jon had at any given time? I think Jon is worth way more than the 400M google search gives you... but for you to say like a fact that he didn't have the cash to cover his portion of the team is pure speculation...

Second...The record company chooses what they want... They want a greatest hits, they get a greatest hits... (Jon has been able to persuade them into other types of releases like Blaze Of Glory, LH and TLFR - but they will eventually get their way)... I think he had every intention of doing a solo album and maybe even some movie soundtracks but the record company squashed it and made him do a band album...

JackieBlue 07-30-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243482)
I'll squash everything you just posted very easily...

First of all, how do you know how much cash Jon had at any given time? I think Jon is worth way more than the 400M google search gives you... but for you to say like a fact that he didn't have the cash to cover his portion of the team is pure speculation...

Second...The record company chooses what they want... They want a greatest hits, they get a greatest hits... (Jon has been able to persuade them into other types of releases like Blaze Of Glory, LH and TLFR - but they will eventually get their way)... I think he had every intention of doing a solo album and maybe even some movie soundtracks but the record company squashed it and made him do a band album...

Try again, hotshot! :p

First, you're right about one thing: I DON'T know what Jon's net worth is. But I'll guaran-damn-tee you that before the Toronto group went into business with him, they knew, to the penny, how much he could bring to the table - based on what he had when they signed on, plus what he could be expected to gather before the bidding started. And according to published reports, which is all any of us have to go on, when it came time to put up or shut up, Jon didn't have enough to make it feasible for them - whatever he's worth.

Quote:

Jon Bon Jovi gave it a shot, but according to a report, he's been bounced from the group looking to win ownership of the Buffalo Bills.

The Post's Josh Kosman and Lois Weiss reported the Toronto-based group that includes Larry Tanenbaum (the Maple Leafs chairman) and Edward Rogers (Rogers Communications' chairman) "parted ways(s)" with Bon Jovi and "believe they are in a stronger position to win the Bills auction" without the New Jersey rocker.

Here's the reason why:

"As the lead bidder, Bon Jovi would have been the principal owner and therefore, under NFL rules, would have to put up 30 percent of the purchase price. With Bon Jovi’s net worth at roughly $300 million, according to sources, the group’s highest bid would have been capped at about $1.1 billion."

Translation: Bon Jovi is rich, but not "leading owner of an NFL team" rich. With Sabres owner Terry Pegula's ability to bid higher than $1.1 billion, Bon Jovi was holding back the Toronto group.
https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/..._on_bills.html

Second... Aren't you the same RDK that is forever reminding me that Bon Jovi is a business and Jon is a businessman? So, I'll ask the question again: Do you really believe that an astute businessman like Jon didn't know exactly what the terms of his contract were? And that he didn't know exactly what would, and what would not, satisfy those terms? Hell, Kopper, I've got more business sense than that. Even I don't sign a contract unless I know explicitly what the terms are; and I don't have a team of lawyers working for me to read the fine print.

Rdkopper 07-30-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1243483)
Try again, hotshot! [emoji14]

First, you're right about one thing: I DON'T know what Jon's net worth is. But I'll guaran-damn-tee you that before the Toronto group went into business with him, they knew, to the penny, how much he could bring to the table - based on what he had when they signed on, plus what he could be expected to gather before the bidding started. And according to published reports, which is all any of us have to go on, when it came time to put up or shut up, Jon didn't have enough to make it feasible for them - whatever he's worth.

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/..._on_bills.html

Second... Aren't you the same RDK that is forever reminding me that Bon Jovi is a business and Jon is a businessman? So, I'll ask the question again: Do you really believe that an astute businessman like Jon didn't know exactly what the terms of his contract were? And that he didn't know exactly what would, and what would not, satisfy those terms? Hell, Kopper, I've got more business sense than that. Even I don't sign a contract unless I know explicitly what the terms are; and I don't have a team of lawyers working for me to read the fine print.

1. So if Jon Bon Jovi didn't have enough money to buy the team, you are saying that he frantically created and album and major world tour because of why??? He lost the Bills so there was no rush anymore... Just fill in the blanks with a logical reason? That's all I'm asking for.

2. Here is my theory... Jon has some freedom to pitch ideas to his Record Company... They allowed Lost Highway - TLFR - Etc... I think Jon wanted to pickup a soundtrack to a movie but nothing was offered... I think they give him the respect to hear him out but once he pitched the idea and they saw zero potential, they demanded a Band Album....

I truly believe he wanted to give the guys a break but the Record Company demands wouldn't accept any solo projects Jon offered...

Don't forget, it's Jon's name on the contract but the record company ultimately decides the final output...

liljovi93 07-30-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243471)
Why? Cause it was long?

No. I agreed with his post. Problem?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk