Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: Do What You Can (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70724)

liljovi93 07-23-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1265841)
5/10

Catchy, lyrics are decent, but the production once again kills it. As others stated, it sounds so much like the most simple drum loops and a someone learning how to program a bass line that has no melody.

The guitar sounds so much like some tune from a 90's sitcom or movie to me. Can't put my finger on which one though...

Friends??

Meh, 5 or 6 out of 10.

I used to get a buzz for new Jovi music but I struggle listening to stuff and enjoying it. I don't know if it's because I'm ready to criticize (which is wrong) or I've just got older and don't think everything they do is fantastic anymore.

It's just a typical album filler for me. Yet they've released it as a single...

It's catchy, it's fun, it's not what I expect 50/60 years olds to produce (not sure if it's good or bad saying that) but I don't.

It needs better drums. It needs a guitar solo. It needs a lot, to be honest.

Genuinely not interested in this album, unfortunately. 4 songs so far and none have made me want to listen to them again that much.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 07-23-2020 07:18 PM

Basically what he said above.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 07-23-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1265872)
Friends??

Yeah the guitar sound reminds of the intro of Friends. This and the intro of "Ein Kompliment" from the German band "Sportfreunde Stiller". :D

Eveline 07-23-2020 10:40 PM

I gave it 3/10 for the lyrical content, some good verses and that's it. Basically, what the guys said 2-3 posts above...

hackster73 07-23-2020 11:31 PM

It is utter shit.

I'm convinced this is John and Shanks, maybe also a computer. Zero input from the rest of the band and as a result a solo track, much the same as the rest so far. This band has fallen so far in the last decade and long past its best. I live in hope for a good album, hell even a quality song but it just isn't coming. Get Richie back and do a final tour, call it quits please.

angelsambo 07-24-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1265896)
It is utter shit.... This band has fallen so far in the last decade and long past its best.

bon jovi's decline must be studied in school books

manarosi 07-24-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1265906)
bon jovi's decline must be studied in school books

Can i ask you and everybody else that has an opinion like yours what other 80's band is still relevant and still produces great albums these days? don't want to sound harsh, i get it being critics with what BJ has been delivering since 2005 (which is mostly garbage) but maybe we should consider that all these guys have been around for 40 years....what more do you want them to say or play in their songs? can't expect a KTF or TD level albums nowadays, not from them and not even from other artists tbh. If you take a look at Aerosmith, GnR, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, even 90's band, they haven't made a good album in decades, at least BJ have been able to reinvent themself quite a few times in their career.

Rdkopper 07-24-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1265928)
Can i ask you and everybody else that has an opinion like yours what other 80's band is still relevant and still produces great albums these days? don't want to sound harsh, i get it being critics with what BJ has been delivering since 2005 (which is mostly garbage) but maybe we should consider that all these guys have been around for 40 years....what more do you want them to say or play in their songs? can't expect a KTF or TD level albums nowadays, not from them and not even from other artists tbh. If you take a look at Aerosmith, GnR, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, even 90's band, they haven't made a good album in decades, at least BJ have been able to reinvent themself quite a few times in their career.

Bon Jovi are like Star Wars movies. The original trilogy was so good that it made the franchise legendary.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Eveline 07-24-2020 02:40 PM

Their current reinvention is cringeworthy.... now I wish their RHOF induction was actually their farewell 😔 good memories from the gig are one thing but what's actually happening in the Jovi camp terrifies me 😶

Adam D 07-24-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1265928)

A lot of people would rather the band stop then continue to release albums that are well below their standard.

I honestly believe that is what drives so much contempt for the band on this board, and from older fans on social media.

I'm glad to have new music, but I also struggle with the fact that if songs like Limitless are the best they can put out, why release anything, other than the fact they want something to tour behind?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk