Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

james_d 07-02-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1256498)
Nope, Shanks is worse. And all of his playing sounds worse live than when watching the videos

Phil was one of the best parts about my show. Shanks, whilst not as noticeable as I thought, was the worst

faith1985 07-02-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1256499)
Phil was one of the best parts about my show. Shanks, whilst not as noticeable as I thought, was the worst

I liked Phil as well. I also loved how much fun he had. Unfortunately, Shanks was really noticable for me, a lot more than I thought. The worst musician that has ever been on the stage with BJ.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-02-2019 08:42 PM

I understand that we all want rock, it’s just that JBJ thinks Phil X’s style is way too much, and I agree... -_-
On the other hand, Shanks is too poor...
Geez the band is a mess... Lol
But I think shows are slowly more and more enjoyable to me lately and please the new album has to be better than THINFS! That’s all...

faith1985 07-03-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1256505)
I understand that we all want rock, it’s just that JBJ thinks Phil X’s style is way too much, and I agree... -_-
On the other hand, Shanks is too poor...
Geez the band is a mess... Lol
But I think shows are slowly more and more enjoyable to me lately and please the new album has to be better than THINFS! That’s all...

I agree with most of it but I don't think Phil X is too much. It was pretty good in Wembley. The band was pretty good as a band. Shanks just does not belong there

YOVANAfromPeru 07-03-2019 04:07 PM

I meant more about inputs for albums than live.
I think both have a lot to improve live, and on the other hand JBJ has said before that auditions for him are “harrowing”.

faith1985 07-03-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1256527)
I meant more about inputs for albums than live.
I think both have a lot to improve live, and on the other hand JBJ has said before that auditions for him are “harrowing”.

I doubt that Shanks auditioned for him, tbh. Almost everybody thinks he is crap...

YOVANAfromPeru 07-04-2019 10:43 AM

Of course Shanks didn’t audition.

faith1985 07-04-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1256583)
Of course Shanks didn’t audition.

I meant it rethorically and wanted to express that I think Shanks has a 'special' place in the band and the standards that apply to the others do not apply to him.

bonjovi90 07-04-2019 03:33 PM

Didn't they actually audition a few and Jon was tired by the auditioning process, so Shanks kept begging him to add him to the line-up? I vaguely remember one interview where Jon said that (something along the lines of Shanks saying: "just take me, I know all these songs anyway").

YOVANAfromPeru 07-04-2019 04:25 PM

It’s like JBJ likes recommendations from friends: Phil X was Shanks, Matt O’Ree was David; let alone the original members of the band >_< lol