Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This Ain't A Love Song in Spanish (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34896)

SamboraQueen21 04-12-2006 06:44 AM

This Ain't A Love Song in Spanish

I saw an awesome performance of TAALS on YouTube today where Jon did the chorus in Spanish. I think it was from Buenos Aires. The crowd went wild as it was a big surprise. Typical JBJ pulling out all the stops. Anyway did they ever record a full Spanish version of this on a single,import, or video like they did with Cama De Rosa?

Bongo VII 04-12-2006 07:07 AM

They did record a full version (which I actually like better than the English version, which is a feat because that's been my favorite song for a long long time), but I have no idea if it was on a single or a bonus or what. It does exist, that's the most specific I can get.

SamboraQueen21 04-12-2006 07:23 AM

Thanks. I figure Tico probably did the translating of English to Espanol.

Bongo VII 04-12-2006 07:28 AM

The best part of the whole song is the translated "baby ain't it funny how we never ever learn to fall" because they didn't translate the "baby" so right in the middle of this impassioned Spanish lament, there's "baby". Love it.

Iceman 04-12-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Thanks. I figure Tico probably did the translating of English to Espanol.

Nope, it was a professional translator.

Ice

BJdavidLS 04-12-2006 10:48 AM

Yes it was released on, I think, Argentinian These Days album and as a promo single in Spain. there's 2 versions, the full one (5:03) and an edit (4:20)
It says: Spanish Version written by CHOMAT, Vocal Production by K.C. Porter

Keeper 04-12-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Nope, it was a professional translator.

Ice

Yes. But apparently Jon said (or joked, I don't know) that Tico had helped him with the pronunciation.

danieldelavega 04-12-2006 05:56 PM

Yes, TAALS was released as a single in Latin America and it´s called "Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado" (No One Has Ever Loved You Like Me) and was the last song on the album (These Days). It did very well in México.

Bongo VII 04-12-2006 06:36 PM

Tico couldn't have translated it anyway. He is way too smooth to not be able to come up with a Spanish equivalent of "baby".

SamboraQueen21 04-12-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo VII
The best part of the whole song is the translated "baby ain't it funny how we never ever learn to fall" because they didn't translate the "baby" so right in the middle of this impassioned Spanish lament, there's "baby". Love it.

Bongo~ i just listened to it (thanks btw) and that was SOOO the best part LOL!

Bongo VII 04-12-2006 10:02 PM

I love it. Every now and then I'll break an awkward silence by hollering "DICEN QUE LA VIDA BABY NO ES COMO LA VES"

Captain_jovi 04-12-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

I love it. Every now and then I'll break an awkward silence by hollering "DICEN QUE LA VIDA BABY NO ES COMO LA VES"

Haha it's hillarious because it'd take so long to get out, prolonging the look of confused-ness on peoples faces.

Bongo VII 04-13-2006 01:21 AM

as soon as I buy a screenprinting kit that's going on a t-shirt

Jolo 04-13-2006 07:13 AM

"Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado" (This Ain't A Love Song in Spanish Version) is one of the most famous Bon Jovi songs in Argentina and Chile, even more than Prayer, Bad Name or Wanted Dead Or Alive.

This song stills playing on radios very often, requested or playing by a list.

I think that EVERYONE (i'm not kidding) person in my country knows this song, or at least the chorus, likes or not Bon Jovi.

Always is very popular too (it doesn't have a spanish version by the way).

Cama de Rosas (Bed Of Roses) is awful.
Cheers.

Wildflower 04-16-2006 09:14 PM

I love Como yo nadie te ha amado!!!!It's definitly the coolest spanish version they've ever recorded!!!It's gorgeous!!!!!!!!I love it!!!!I advice to download it!

Captain_jovi 04-16-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

as soon as I buy a screenprinting kit that's going on a t-shirt

hahahahahahaha

Jovi_Gurl_33 04-19-2006 05:15 AM

Besides Cama de Rosas and Como yo nadie te amado they had another song translated called Miro va tu ventana (starin at your window with a suitcase in my hand) and I really like it!

Bongo VII 04-19-2006 05:21 AM

Not "they". "Miro.../Staring..." is a Jon solo song.

Jovi_Gurl_33 04-19-2006 05:32 AM

Whatever same difference

Bongo VII 04-19-2006 05:35 AM

No, it's not. Jon solo and Bon Jovi are not the same thing. I'll spare you the giant rant I would normally give, but it is NOT the same.

Captain Walrus 04-19-2006 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=Bongo VII]No, it's not. Jon solo and Bon Jovi are not the same thing. I'll spare you the giant rant I would normally give, but it is NOT the same.[/QUOTE

At least its not as bad as the usual "his" song thing when describing a band song

Wildflower 04-21-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

No, it's not. Jon solo and Bon Jovi are not the same thing. I'll spare you the giant rant I would normally give, but it is NOT the same.
I must agree with Bongo:it's COMPLETELY different.
Jon's album are Jon's album and Jon's music....Bon Jovi's album are Bon Jovi's album and Bon Jovi's music...They are 2 different things for me;at least I feel them ad 2 very different things.

Wildflower 04-21-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

At least its not as bad as the usual "his" song thing when describing a band song
I go out of my mind when I heard that kind of things. :mad:
Here in Italy especially most of the people thinks that Bon Jovi are all about Jon,i mean they don't even know it's a band,to them it's just Jon and this drives me crazy!
:mad: AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! :mad:

ciberanjana 04-21-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Tico couldn't have translated it anyway. He is way too smooth to not be able to come up with a Spanish equivalent of "baby".

tico could perfectly translated as his spanish is perfect. when they come here, to spain, he always talk in spanish in intervies with his cuban accent:-)

anyway richie has 2 song in spanish too,a nd his pronuntation is better than jon's:-P

Bongo VII 04-21-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciberanjana
tico could perfectly translated as his spanish is perfect. when they come here, to spain, he always talk in spanish in intervies with his cuban accent:-)

Everything Tico does is perfect.

And now I'm going to move to Spain so I can hear it.

ciberanjana 04-21-2006 09:34 PM

:-)

Quote:

Everything Tico does is perfect.

And now I'm going to move to Spain so I can hear it.

jeje yes, tico is my fave member with richie, i like quiet people, and he transfers me quiteness, i like it..

so are u moving here?? where??

Bongo VII 04-21-2006 09:56 PM

I'm not actually moving. I just like the idea of listening to Tico do interviews in Spanish. Growly and Spanish and growly and mm.