Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Closest we get to Sex Sells (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70518)

Xavi 03-14-2019 11:47 AM

Why Bon Jovi cant release anniversary editions of their albums like Bruce does?
Why Bon Jovi cant release old gigs like Bruce does?
It is something I will never understand.
It is not incompatible trying not to be a nostalgia act releasing new albums with keepin alive your legacy pleasing your old fans with old stuff.
It is good to upload videos from your current tour on your yt channel,but,cmon,you can also upload videos from old tours.
It is depressing how Bon Jovi treats his career.

Thinny 03-14-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251647)
Jon hates to be called a nostalgia act but as you say - most fans crave the glory years so would love a boxset.
Perfect time would be the UK tour - flood the set with stuff off the the first 6 albums and release a boxset of outtakes from around that time.

Yeah, especially as it's unlikely we will have a new record before the tour...

Captain_jovi 03-14-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1251649)
Why Bon Jovi cant release anniversary editions of their albums like Bruce does?
Why Bon Jovi cant release old gigs like Bruce does?
It is something I will never understand.
It is not incompatible trying not to be a nostalgia act releasing new albums with keepin alive your legacy pleasing your old fans with old stuff.
It is good to upload videos from your current tour on your yt channel,but,cmon,you can also upload videos from old tours.
It is depressing how Bon Jovi treats his career.

Because Bon Jovi has a completely different type of fan base. He's trained them really well and for the most part the types of concerts they get. Bon Jovi is a greatest hits band. You can't have decades of being one type of band and then pivot and drop Bad Medline.

Supersonic 03-14-2019 03:17 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251652)
Bon Jovi is a greatest hits band. You can't have decades of being one type of band and then pivot and drop Bad Medline.

Sure you can. Born To Be My Baby was dropped from the set for a good decade. Always is almost always ignored. Lay Your Hands On Me and Bed Of Roses were dropped for several tours. Keep The Faith was dropped for a lot of shows on the Bounce tour and several on the HAND tour. In These Arms doesn't show up at every show either.

You're making it sound like Bon Jovi play a great hits show, but they're not. For most regular shows at least half of the set is either a new song, one or two crowd pleasers or an album cut no one cares for but Jon.

Bon Jovi could easily release re-releases. They did so when all albums were re-released in 2010. Obie really spoke of something immensely special. Yet what were the bonus tracks? Live songs no one cares for, apart from maybe 2 or 3 which were special. That New Jersey re-release? It was awful and another missed opportunity.

Bon Jovi's problem is the band is being run by someone who doesn't care for the band and only sees it as a vehicle to make money. Jon's so focussed on not being a nostalgia act yet has been stuck in the past for at least 20 years. It's just not the past his audience likes.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

morphine 03-15-2019 06:53 PM

I have read all the replies and it's good to know what's been going on. I think it applies for all American bands. UK bands often have more fan favourites or demo packed special editions. What was the last time for BJ, eh? 2011, and no more fan favourites since that tour. I can't even name a more precious song they have played in WAN. And the current setlist is awful, closest we got is These Days and Last Man Standing. Europe gets more though, that's the main reason I've stated it's for America. Anyways for the bootleg, I have contacted various trade sites and still no luck. I'd be very pleased if you send it as I'm desperately in search. There's a two disc Youtube audio blocked named Sex Sells. I don't know whether it's the torrent greatest hits bootleg, I will check the total hours later. But I don't give it a chance. If it was the demos, then they wouldn't have got blocked.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...QDQEtrO2w43UQ1

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-15-2019 11:46 PM

Another Dry County member... Lol.

rolo_tomachi 03-16-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251512)
Jon Bon Jovi - Sex Sells Demos (Listening Party / New Jersey 1998) - YouTube

I assume that's the one that's being talked about. It's nothing else than the version that's been circulating for two decades amongst fans.
The original pre-production CD never leaked.

oh man, I did not realize the audio improvement. It's amazing how audible it is now. Great job. as usual.

bonjovi90 03-16-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1251715)
oh man, I did not realize the audio improvement. It's amazing how audible it is now. Great job. as usual.

Thanks my friend :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

9Songs4U 03-16-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphine (Post 1251706)
I have read all the replies and it's good to know what's been going on. I think it applies for all American bands. UK bands often have more fan favourites or demo packed special editions. What was the last time for BJ, eh? 2011, and no more fan favourites since that tour. I can't even name a more precious song they have played in WAN. And the current setlist is awful, closest we got is These Days and Last Man Standing. Europe gets more though, that's the main reason I've stated it's for America. Anyways for the bootleg, I have contacted various trade sites and still no luck. I'd be very pleased if you send it as I'm desperately in search. There's a two disc Youtube audio blocked named Sex Sells. I don't know whether it's the torrent greatest hits bootleg, I will check the total hours later. But I don't give it a chance. If it was the demos, then they wouldn't have got blocked.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...QDQEtrO2w43UQ1

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

But now they are blocked :(

Rdkopper 03-16-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1251732)
But now they are blocked :(

I remember when they were posted and it was just a fan made compilation of all the same mixed qualities we have today. Anyone can remake it themselves.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk