Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Retro Computer games (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29488)

Kev 02-18-2005 10:22 AM

hehe Russ. I loved Space Invaders as well :D

I had a spectrum and a sony megadrive> sonic 2 was definately my fave game out of the lot. Like jim, I got a emulator for the pc last year but I havent played it for a little while. I think I will ask if I can have a go of Carli's Sonic game for the PS2, and then will consider buying it, it looks pretty cool.

ktlee 02-18-2005 10:29 AM

I had a commodore 64 had the goonies game, scooby doo and cluedo. All were boss games but the bloody thing just wudnt load and that blue screen just did my head in!

UKjovi 02-18-2005 12:07 PM

hey kev did you used to play pac man as well? i'm old enough to have had the grandstand tenis game on tv :D

Thomas Anderson 02-18-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
I had a spectrum and a sony megadrive

:lol:

I don't really play my PS2 much now, I think that with the old games they where all about the gameplay, they didn't try for realistic graphics or anything else, just pure fun. Modern games are fun too, and much more involved, but classic games are, well, classic.

Mousebounce 02-18-2005 02:54 PM

Donkey Kong

Q-Bert

Pac-Man

8)

Dave 1986 02-18-2005 03:35 PM

I was always a Sonic man, though only the Megadrive (Genesis) games and some Master System games, but I never really got into the 3D ones. Sonic 1, 2, 3 and K were the best ones and I still love playing them. Sonic 3D was ok though nothing special and IMO Sonic Spinball sucked. I'm thinking of buying the mega Collection for the PS2 so as to save plugging in my Megadrive in each time. Sadly, it doesnt include Sonic CD, which I can't play now that I have Windows XP. :(

I still have my old games aswell, such as Streets Of Rage 1 and 2, Golden Axe, Paperboy, World Of Illusions, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns and Vurtua Fighter 2 (Not as good as the Saturn version obviously!)

Since then I bought a Playstation and my brother has a PS2 but I suppose I gradually lost interest in video games and if I ever play any, it's usually only the old ones on emulators etc.

The only new games that I play nowadays are the GTA series and Metal Gear Solid.

Jim Bon Jovi 02-18-2005 03:44 PM

awww streets of rage was the shiznit

Iceman 02-18-2005 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn1189
It's got Pole Position, Dig Dug, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Galaxia, and one other game. I love it! I've also got a lot of the old Atari games for PC too. Like Centipede and Frogger!

I've _got_ the old Atari2600. And it's still working.

Ice

Iceman 02-18-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
Retro games can be cool for about 5 seconds and then you realize how limited they are.

Nope. The playability's better than in most of todays games and you don't always need to have "all that" in a game. Simplicity is better, IMO. I should know, I played computer games for a living for 18 months. Nothing kills the joy of playing like being forced to play.

Ice

Kathleen 02-18-2005 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
I should know, I played computer games for a living for 18 months. Nothing kills the joy of playing like being forced to play.

Ice

Ok, I'll bite - that's a job description I've never heard. Did you win? :D

Kathleen