Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 03-13-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251598)
The promo CD with Mona Lisa was sold via eBay in 2013 and the seller had provided a sample for the bidders to prove that it wasn't fake.
But, judging from the samples, neither Mona Lisa nor Hurricane Butterfly sound like anything special or worth spending as much money on as some crazy collectors did.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Mona Lisa is only wanted so bad because its unavailable. From what I heard I thought it sounded crap hence why its never been released.

In football/Soccer we have a thing where a player somehow gets better every time he doesn't play. That's what Mona Lisa reminds me of.

Jovi98 03-13-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251598)
The promo CD with Mona Lisa was sold via eBay in 2013 and the seller had provided a sample for the bidders to prove that it wasn't fake.
But, judging from the samples, neither Mona Lisa nor Hurricane Butterfly sound like anything special or worth spending as much money on as some crazy collectors did.

But how many copies have been sold of the promo cd with Mona Lisa?

I mean ,if it was a promo CD , why the song is rare… ?

Fredrik 03-13-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251407)
With the exception of New Jersey, they've never had an all killers, no fillers album.

Yes.

These Days.

bonjovi90 03-13-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1251602)
But how many copies have been sold of the promo cd with Mona Lisa?

I mean ,if it was a promo CD , why the song is rare… ?

This was one promo CD that went up for sale, probably originally given to some A&R guy at a record company and leaked from there. It's not something that went out to radio.
And I agree with steel horse, there's a reason why that song was never seen again near Bounce or on the Box Set. It's just not good.

bonjovi90 03-13-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik (Post 1251604)
Yes.

These Days.

If That's What It Takes never cut it for me. But it's down to personal taste there, These Days still is close to perfection.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-14-2019 01:49 AM

New Jersey double album and These Days are definitely my favorites albums.

So when JBJ said in 2016 that he thought that if we "like" Have A Nice Day and These Days albums we were going to "love" This House Is Not For Sale... O_O!!! (maybe he still is a funny guy... >_< haha.)

Captain_jovi 03-14-2019 04:04 AM

I halfway see what he was trying to say. It got back some of the agression that was missing on The Circle and WAN. The Circle was really lush, echo-y productions but fell flat as far far off the map. Lyrically THINFS, to me, is a genuine attempt. I do hear shades of My Guitar Lies Bleeding....in Devil's in the Temple. I think what he said missed the mark but it's a hell of a lot closer than the bullshit "we haven't had this much fun in the studio since Slippery" we got over and over and over again in the 2000s.

jazzsta 03-14-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251601)
In football/Soccer we have a thing where a player somehow gets better every time he doesn't play. That's what Mona Lisa reminds me of.

haha that was a good one!

jazzsta 03-14-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251606)
If That's What It Takes never cut it for me. But it's down to personal taste there, These Days still is close to perfection.

Back in the day I also regarded this song as being too pop, cliché and "harmless to the ears". Lately I am enjoying it well. It is musically rich, nicely performed and fun. More fun than .. let's say 85% of Crush album.

Jeeper 03-14-2019 09:48 AM

I actually prefer the demo of If That’s What It Takes.

It would be a great bit of PR if they released little snippets of songs, even if it was just a guitar riff or baseline, even some lyrics or song titles. Something to hopefully spike a bit of interest or excitement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk