Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonboy25 09-25-2019 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259043)
2. Blood IN the water - Dry County type song - Trump/Stormy Daniels/Cohen

Nothing about it being 10min long either. When he said that, the first song I thought of was labor of love. God I hope not.

Rdkopper 09-25-2019 03:38 AM

Jon says it's only 10 songs in the beginning of the interview.

https://www.facebook.com/davidadrian...1OTIyMjQ3MzYw/

Rdkopper 09-25-2019 05:07 AM

Not a bad Q and A ...

They wrote 16 to 17 songs but only 10 on the album (I'm sure we'll get more)...

Jon ended it with, there will be another Box Set one day.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jay Jay 09-25-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259048)
Not a bad Q and A ...

They wrote 16 to 17 songs but only 10 on the album (I'm sure we'll get more)...

Jon ended it with, there will be another Box Set one day.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Australia and Japan will probably get 12 tracks and those 2 bonus tracks will probably be the best 2 songs on the album!

DryCounty 09-25-2019 02:03 PM

Yay that's what I've been longing for! Some fresh BJ songs about Trump, soldiers with PTSD and school shootings. Can't wait!

On a serious note - is there anyone who is actually excited about this release? Jon seems to have opened his paper at home and written songs about the headlines with the biggest fonts. Would like to be proven wrong but this entire album seems even less inspired then WAN.

Captain_jovi 09-25-2019 02:21 PM

Yup I'm excited. I can't not be excited about something we haven't heard. Realistically there will be 3 or 4 songs I really dig and a few skips. The Circle was a better lyrical album than HAND and then THINFS was better lyrically then WAN so let's see I guess.

Alphavictim 09-25-2019 04:08 PM

Jesus Christ, we don't have confirmed song titles, haven't heard a single note, but everybody already knows why everything is gonna suck.

james_d 09-25-2019 04:12 PM

I must admit I'm more excited than I was a few days ago. I'm still sceptical, but there may well be something decent coming from the BJ camp for the first time in a while.

Rdkopper 09-25-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1259050)
Yay that's what I've been longing for! Some fresh BJ songs about Trump, soldiers with PTSD and school shootings. Can't wait!

On a serious note - is there anyone who is actually excited about this release? Jon seems to have opened his paper at home and written songs about the headlines with the biggest fonts. Would like to be proven wrong but this entire album seems even less inspired then WAN.

It depends...

Take past songs from KTF for example... I Believe, Dry Count, Etc. A lot of it is up to interpretation. I Believe could have been a political song during the Bill Clinton election... Jon needs to stop saying what the songs are about and leave it all up to interpretation. I think he'd do a lot better.

Is Walls really about Trump? No...But that one is obvious. I'm hopeful that the songs aren't "about" but more "inspired from".

I just want some good rock music with catchy hooks and a great studio vocal from Jon.

liljovi93 09-25-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259054)
It depends...

Take past songs from KTF for example... I Believe, Dry Count, Etc. A lot of it is up to interpretation. I Believe could have been a political song during the Bill Clinton election... Jon needs to stop saying what the songs are about and leave it all up to interpretation. I think he'd do a lot better.

Is Walls really about Trump? No...But that one is obvious. I'm hopeful that the songs aren't "about" but more "inspired from".

I just want some good rock music with catchy hooks and a great studio vocal from Jon.

Yeah, I agree with you here. I don't want to know what the songs mean. Not before I hear them anyway. The TD album for instance has us thinking about the lyrics and mood.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk