Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crossroad: The Best Of Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=25005)

Dave 1986 05-03-2004 09:31 PM

Crossroad: The Best Of Bon Jovi

Hey, I was wondering is Prayer '94 definately on the US version of the greatest hits album?

I live in the UK and dont own it yet and just thought I'd complete the set and plus have a little bit more value for money by having 3 new songs instead of just 2.

Cheers 8)

Sambo-Chris 05-03-2004 09:50 PM

Yes, it is on the USA-issue of the CD. Therefore one song that we have on our issue is missing. Don't know which one at the moment though.

Supersonic 05-03-2004 09:57 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
Yes, it is on the USA-issue of the CD. Therefore one song that we have on our issue is missing. Don't know which one at the moment though.

Wrong. It was only on the original issue of Cross Road which was called "14 classic grooves" instead of "The Best Off" in the USA. The rest of the world got one extra track (Never Say Goodbye) plus In These Arms instead of Prayer '94, and Japan got Tokyo Road instead of Prayer '94.

The remaster includes 15 tracks and In These Arms. This tracklist is the same everywhere and Prayer '94 is no longer available in the USA except when buying a version that's not a remaster.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 05-03-2004 11:01 PM

Thanks very much. I'll order a copy with Prayer 94 from PlayUSA cause it has it there. 8)

Is ther remastered version of Crossroad THAT much better than the original?

Supersonic 05-03-2004 11:03 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
Is ther remastered version of Crossroad THAT much better than the original?

I don't know. I only have the first European and American issues of Cross Road. A long time ago there was someone claiming Cross Road wasn't remastered while the CD sleeves said so but I can't tell you.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Vettetrax 05-03-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

The remaster includes 15 tracks and In These Arms. This tracklist is the same everywhere and Prayer '94 is no longer available in the USA except when buying a version that's not a remaster.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I believe i read that correctly but i have a remasters crossroad and it has prayer 94 on it? maybe i misunderstood u

davefan 05-05-2004 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

Wrong. It was only on the original issue of Cross Road which was called "14 classic grooves" instead of "The Best Off" in the USA. The rest of the world got one extra track (Never Say Goodbye) plus In These Arms instead of Prayer '94, and Japan got Tokyo Road instead of Prayer '94.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I bought my crossroads emediately after the release and cause it was broken I bought a remastert one later, so on my version never say goodbye was only added at the remastert one wasn't on the original, and of course yeah Prayer 94 was there originally but unfortunatley replaced by In these arms , in europe

Jim Bon Jovi 05-05-2004 01:37 AM

ashlea's got the remastered keep the faith and if you know what you're listening for, there's a difference.

Just minor tweaks here and there with the mixing and the sound is a little more pristine but you're talkign about a band thats been using the top studios in the world for the past 2 decades so ther eisn;t much you can do to make the sound better in the 1st place.

As I say, there's a difference but it's almost unnoticeable and probably totally not noticeable if you've not got a decent setup anyways.