Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Journey - Generations (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33693)

RyanBounce04 01-12-2006 02:50 AM

Journey - Generations

I may have posted about this album but I finally saw it in stores the other day. It's been out since August and I've only had a burned copy. Anyways, I bought it and have it in constant rotation. Anyone big fans of Journey or the "Old" Journey? My mom's met Steve Perry and has had backstage passes and blah blah. I've seen all her pictures and everything. Anyways, Generations is a great comeback from 2001's Arrival. I enjoy almost every track. Definently check it out!

Ryan

Kathleen 01-12-2006 05:22 AM

Here <raises hand> I was a Journey fan before I was a Bon Jovi fan. The "old" Journey of course.

Kathleen

Dave 1986 01-12-2006 01:29 PM

Heard some songs of theres here and there and liked. I remember hearing the song they did for the Armageddon soundtrack and thinking it was Def Leppard! :-s

Anyone recommend a good album to start from?

RyanBounce04 01-12-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
Heard some songs of theres here and there and liked. I remember hearing the song they did for the Armageddon soundtrack and thinking it was Def Leppard! :-s

Anyone recommend a good album to start from?

Escape!

Ryan

Kathleen 01-13-2006 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
Escape!

Ryan

I'd have to agree with Ryan - and you can get that album digitally remastered.

Kathleen

Dave 1986 01-13-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
I'd have to agree with Ryan - and you can get that album digitally remastered.

Kathleen

Thanks very much!

I also found on Play.com that there's a 3 disc box set of 3 of their albums including Escape, but does anyone know if they are the remastered versions?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=34&g=48&pa=sr

Kathleen 01-13-2006 10:36 PM

I would say that those were not remastered versions - but they really don't say. At the top it does say "original albums" and they might mean that literally.

Kathleen

SamboraQueen21 01-15-2006 05:32 AM

I never thought I could like Journey without "THE VOICE" Mr. Steve Perry. But when they were touring a few summers ago I went to see them and was really very, very impressed with the new singer Steve Augeri. He sounds alot like Perry but he is an AWESOME frontman- he put on a hell of a show. Kathleen you should see them if you get the chance. Like I said, before I went I was wishing it was Perry I was going to see and was not expecting to like the show that much but Augeri is great live. Really blew me away.

Yeay Escape is a great album! Love the title track! Also there is a really good Journey Live Album that has all the hits- this one has Steve Perry on it- and it is one of my fave albums. I love live stuff and this one is great!!

Ryan - So the new album is good? I downloaded probably 6 songs from Arrival and I just thought the quality of songs were not very good. Not really catchy- not great lyrics- the only one I liked was "Higher Place" I felt like they were trying too hard and the songs sounded a little dated and blah to me.

I kind of feel like the new songs are not as good as the classics and I feel a little guilty because I am a fan of the band and the new lineup so you would think I would like the new songs. Perhaps I'll check it out....

yomamasofat 01-16-2006 11:08 PM

I am a fan, Arrival was a great album. If you want to start, buy the 2 CD Essential Journey, and then buy Arrival.

Be good to yourself.

RyanBounce04 01-17-2006 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
I am a fan, Arrival was a great album. If you want to start, buy the 2 CD Essential Journey, and then buy Arrival.

Be good to yourself.

I'd agree with buying the Essential, that is if you want the hits! I also suggest their Live album... It's really good also! :) Arrival was ok in my opinion. It's fresh if that says anything. Oh, by the way.. I heard Blood On Blood! na na na na naaaaaa na! ;)

Ryan