Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Slippery When Wet and New Jersey (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38947)

jbjrsdc 02-26-2007 10:29 AM

Slippery When Wet and New Jersey

Slippery and New Jersey need to be released as aniversary double disc editons. the second disc of Slippery should contain unreleased songs ie too much too soon ; and same for New Jersey ie Backdoor To Heaven.

UKjovi 02-26-2007 10:31 AM

Yeah but do you think it would sell that many?

jbjrsdc 02-26-2007 11:17 AM

I think it would do alright. They really should do another box set of unrelased songs. they missed all the slippery and New Jersey songs the first time around, not too mention other songs Now and Forever, Cadillac Man, Sex Sells

Captain Walrus 02-27-2007 03:45 AM

Ooooooh yay, another chance for me to bitch about the record company :)

Admittedly, they did manage to get off their collective arses and release remastered versions with a video on each (in shocking quality I hasten to add), but still, everything is getting an expanded edition rerelease now, but the record label don't seem to realise that this is virtually a way to print money. They'd probably sell just as well as say Def Leppard's rerelease of Hysteria, or the Chilis rereleasing all their albums with extra tracks.

Actually, there was that DualDisc of SWW wasn't there? But that's not really expanded ... the only thing that's been semi expanded is Cross Road, and that doesn't throw up anything previously unreleased

Thomas Anderson 02-27-2007 03:47 AM

The Slippery When Wet dualdisc was totally remastered and the songs were actually longer, some had more intro/outro stuff, was quite good and well done. If we get these the same way it will be interesting. Where did you see this anyway?

Kathleen 02-27-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 726520)
The Slippery When Wet dualdisc was totally remastered and the songs were actually longer, some had more intro/outro stuff, was quite good and well done. If we get these the same way it will be interesting. Where did you see this anyway?

I love the SWW dual disc - the sound is gorgeous too. They could do that with all the albums and I'd probably be dumb enough to buy them all again for the nth time.

Kathleen

Thomas Anderson 02-27-2007 03:58 AM

I'd definitely buy them if they were remastered to 96/24 like that, I'd love especially to hear Dry County like that in 5.1, if it was mixed well I bet it would sound incredible.

UKjovi 02-27-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 726522)
I'd definitely buy them if they were remastered to 96/24 like that, I'd love especially to hear Dry County like that in 5.1, if it was mixed well I bet it would sound incredible.

Now your talking, i'd buy that