Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Box Set (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51473)

TaraLeigh 07-23-2010 07:35 PM

Box Set

Hey...I have a question.
I used to have an awesome word document that had all the Box Set songs and the year/album that it was recorded around. Does anyone have something like that? I thought I got it from this site, but I can't find it in the links.

I'm a newbie to the forums, but an older Jovi fan.

I lost the file to a Harddrive malfunction awhile ago, but recently fell in love with the Box Set all over again and wanted to have a look.

Thank you!

WomanOfTheCity 07-24-2010 01:17 AM

OH T you made it here :D cool

Anyway, I found this on the Jovi drive:

CD 1:
1. Why Aren't You Dead (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in NJ.
2. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in Vancouver and New Jersey. Vocals were, indeed, done while JBJ had a head cold.
3. Taking It Back (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Unreleased demo of song that continued to be worked on until the version most are familiar with appeared on the 1994 Cross Road album.) Written in the islands, this was recorded in New Jersey in 1994.
5. Miss 4th of July (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded up in Vancouver and back in New Jersey.
6. Open All Night (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
7. These Arms Are Open All Night (Unreleased demo circa 1998 recorded with the Big Dogs in New Jersey.)
8. I Get a Rush (Unreleased demo circa 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. Someday Just Might Be Tonight (Unreleased demo circa 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. Thief of Hearts (Final Studio Track from 2003.) Recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey for intended inclusion in This Left Feels Right CD.
11. Last Man Standing (Final Studio Track from 2003.) Recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey for intended inclusion in This Left Feels Right CD. (Band has recorded a much different version of this song for planned inclusion in forthcoming studio album.)
12. I Just Wanna Be Your Man (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.

CD 2:
1. Garageland (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
2. Starting All Over Again (Remixed for the box set; original demo released as a b-side from the 1992 Keep The Faith album.) Recorded in Vancouver and New Jersey.
3. Maybe Someday (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4. Last Chance Train (Unreleased demo from circa 1998.) Recorded in LA with Aerosmith's Joe Perry on guitar.
5. The Fire Inside (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
6. Every Beat of My Heart (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
7. Rich Man Living In a Poor Man's House (Unreleased demo from 1998.) Recorded in New Jersey and LA with Dave Stewart.
8. The One That Got Away (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. You Can Sleep While I Dream (Unreleased demo circa 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. Outlaws of Love (Unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
11. Good Guys Don't Always Wear White (movie soundtrack song from 'The Cowboy Way' in 1994.) Recorded in LA; video shot in NYC.
12. We Rule The Night (Unreleased demo from 1985.) Recorded in New Jersey and Philly.

CD 3:
1. Edge of a Broken Heart (the sorely-missed Slippery When Wet song not included on the 1986 breakthrough album.) Recorded up in Vancouver.
2. Sympathy (Unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
3. Only In My Dreams (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey. A version with Jon on vocals was captured but the one with Tico's vocals was included on the box set.
4. Shut Up and Kiss Me (Unreleased demo from 1997.) Recorded in New Jersey with the Big Dogs.
5. Crazy Love (Unreleased demo from 1998.) Recorded in LA and New Jersey.
6. Lonely at the Top (Previously released b-side from the 1995 These Days project.) Recorded in New Jersey however, remixed for inclusion in the box set and cello parts were added by Garo Yellin for a more melancholy feel.
7. Ordinary People (Previously released b-side from 2000's CRUSH album.) Recorded in New Jersey.
8. Flesh and Bone (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. Satellite (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. IF I Can't Have Your Love (Richie solo demo circa 1991.) Recorded in Vancouver featuring David Bryan on keyboards.
11. Real Life (Movie soundtrack from 1999's EDTV.) Recorded in New York City (at Avatar Studios, which had originally been the Power Station where Jon Bon Jovi had started his music career as a gofer) and New Jersey. It was remixed for inclusion in the box set.
12. Memphis Lives In Me (Original composition for the musical 'MEMPHIS' co-written by David Bryan, written in 2003.) This studio recording was done in New Jersey specifically for inclusion in the box set.
13. Too Much of a Good Thing
(Unreleased demo from 1999 prior to CRUSH album.) Recorded in New Jersey.

CD 4:
1. Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word (Unreleased studio recording from 1992.) This was recorded up in Vancouver and New Jersey, and is much more fleshed out than the original demo version.
2. Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word (Original demo from 1992.) This is the first version of the song as written by Jon Bon Jovi and recorded in New Jersey, prior to taking it further and fleshing it out.
3. River Runs Dry (Unreleased demo from 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4. Always (Original demo from 1994.) Recorded in the UK.
5. Kidnap an Angel (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
6. Breathe (B-Side internationally and Target CD.)- released in 2003; written and recorded 2001/2002 in New Jersey.
7. Out of Bounds (Unreleased demo from 1986.) Recorded in New Jersey.
8. Letter to a Friend (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. Temptation (International b-side from CRUSH album in 2000.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. Gotta Have a Reason (Unreleased demo written on spec for a movie soundtrack in 1993.) Recorded in New Jersey and Singapore (as documented in the video footage on the box set DVD.)
11. All I Wanna Do Is You (Unreleased demo from 1997.) Recorded in New Jersey.
12. Billy (unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
13. Nobody's Hero (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
14. *Hidden Bonus Track: Livin' On a Prayer (Original demo of Livin' On A Prayer from 1986... definitely written and recorded in New Jersey!)

Not sure how accurate it is or where it came from. I was pretty sh!t at labeling files back then.

Is this what you're looking for?

TaraLeigh 08-10-2010 07:42 AM

You are my hero! Thank you!
Sorry...been a crazy few weeks and just getting back in here.

tigrs99 08-10-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WomanOfTheCity (Post 1007132)
OH T you made it here :D cool

Anyway, I found this on the Jovi drive:

CD 1:
1. Why Aren't You Dead (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in NJ.
2. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in Vancouver and New Jersey. Vocals were, indeed, done while JBJ had a head cold.
3. Taking It Back (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Unreleased demo of song that continued to be worked on until the version most are familiar with appeared on the 1994 Cross Road album.) Written in the islands, this was recorded in New Jersey in 1994.
5. Miss 4th of July (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded up in Vancouver and back in New Jersey.
6. Open All Night (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
7. These Arms Are Open All Night (Unreleased demo circa 1998 recorded with the Big Dogs in New Jersey.)
8. I Get a Rush (Unreleased demo circa 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. Someday Just Might Be Tonight (Unreleased demo circa 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. Thief of Hearts (Final Studio Track from 2003.) Recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey for intended inclusion in This Left Feels Right CD.
11. Last Man Standing (Final Studio Track from 2003.) Recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey for intended inclusion in This Left Feels Right CD. (Band has recorded a much different version of this song for planned inclusion in forthcoming studio album.)
12. I Just Wanna Be Your Man (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.

CD 2:
1. Garageland (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
2. Starting All Over Again (Remixed for the box set; original demo released as a b-side from the 1992 Keep The Faith album.) Recorded in Vancouver and New Jersey.
3. Maybe Someday (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4. Last Chance Train (Unreleased demo from circa 1998.) Recorded in LA with Aerosmith's Joe Perry on guitar.
5. The Fire Inside (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
6. Every Beat of My Heart (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
7. Rich Man Living In a Poor Man's House (Unreleased demo from 1998.) Recorded in New Jersey and LA with Dave Stewart.
8. The One That Got Away (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. You Can Sleep While I Dream (Unreleased demo circa 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. Outlaws of Love (Unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
11. Good Guys Don't Always Wear White (movie soundtrack song from 'The Cowboy Way' in 1994.) Recorded in LA; video shot in NYC.
12. We Rule The Night (Unreleased demo from 1985.) Recorded in New Jersey and Philly.

CD 3:
1. Edge of a Broken Heart (the sorely-missed Slippery When Wet song not included on the 1986 breakthrough album.) Recorded up in Vancouver.
2. Sympathy (Unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
3. Only In My Dreams (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey. A version with Jon on vocals was captured but the one with Tico's vocals was included on the box set.
4. Shut Up and Kiss Me (Unreleased demo from 1997.) Recorded in New Jersey with the Big Dogs.
5. Crazy Love (Unreleased demo from 1998.) Recorded in LA and New Jersey.
6. Lonely at the Top (Previously released b-side from the 1995 These Days project.) Recorded in New Jersey however, remixed for inclusion in the box set and cello parts were added by Garo Yellin for a more melancholy feel.
7. Ordinary People (Previously released b-side from 2000's CRUSH album.) Recorded in New Jersey.
8. Flesh and Bone (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. Satellite (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. IF I Can't Have Your Love (Richie solo demo circa 1991.) Recorded in Vancouver featuring David Bryan on keyboards.
11. Real Life (Movie soundtrack from 1999's EDTV.) Recorded in New York City (at Avatar Studios, which had originally been the Power Station where Jon Bon Jovi had started his music career as a gofer) and New Jersey. It was remixed for inclusion in the box set.
12. Memphis Lives In Me (Original composition for the musical 'MEMPHIS' co-written by David Bryan, written in 2003.) This studio recording was done in New Jersey specifically for inclusion in the box set.
13. Too Much of a Good Thing
(Unreleased demo from 1999 prior to CRUSH album.) Recorded in New Jersey.

CD 4:
1. Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word (Unreleased studio recording from 1992.) This was recorded up in Vancouver and New Jersey, and is much more fleshed out than the original demo version.
2. Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word (Original demo from 1992.) This is the first version of the song as written by Jon Bon Jovi and recorded in New Jersey, prior to taking it further and fleshing it out.
3. River Runs Dry (Unreleased demo from 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4. Always (Original demo from 1994.) Recorded in the UK.
5. Kidnap an Angel (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
6. Breathe (B-Side internationally and Target CD.)- released in 2003; written and recorded 2001/2002 in New Jersey.
7. Out of Bounds (Unreleased demo from 1986.) Recorded in New Jersey.
8. Letter to a Friend (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9. Temptation (International b-side from CRUSH album in 2000.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10. Gotta Have a Reason (Unreleased demo written on spec for a movie soundtrack in 1993.) Recorded in New Jersey and Singapore (as documented in the video footage on the box set DVD.)
11. All I Wanna Do Is You (Unreleased demo from 1997.) Recorded in New Jersey.
12. Billy (unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
13. Nobody's Hero (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
14. *Hidden Bonus Track: Livin' On a Prayer (Original demo of Livin' On A Prayer from 1986... definitely written and recorded in New Jersey!)

Not sure how accurate it is or where it came from. I was pretty sh!t at labeling files back then.

Is this what you're looking for?

Looks right
It was posted on Bon Jovi site on Island Records when boxset came out

Bounce7800 08-10-2010 06:30 PM

It's a great reminder of how many good songs they wrote in the 90s, and how Crush (or Sex Sells) could have been so very different.

lyelro 08-14-2010 01:18 PM

I hope the Jon version of "Only in my dreams" sees the light of day at some point.

lyelro 08-14-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1010019)
It's a great reminder of how many good songs they wrote in the 90s, and how Crush (or Sex Sells) could have been so very different.

Some great B sides on the single released tho! Never have liked Crush all that much.