Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone headed to Vegas for Jon this week? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70674)

slamjay 01-13-2020 03:41 AM

Anyone headed to Vegas for Jon this week?

I'm going solo to the Runaway Tours weekend. Anyone else headed to the Vegas?

Jack27 01-17-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slamjay (Post 1260746)

I'm not but please keep us updated with what goes on :-D

Thierry 01-17-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slamjay (Post 1260746)

What a waste of money 😉

liljovi93 01-18-2020 08:52 AM

Last night's setlist.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...396d73b39b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 01-18-2020 09:22 AM

Seen some vids. Sounds horrific.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonboy25 01-18-2020 09:52 AM

I saw on Twitter someone said they played lower the flag. Curious as it's not on the set list.
https://twitter.com/Jerrybraden92/st...208897027?s=19

Supersonic 01-18-2020 09:57 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260874)
Last night's setlist.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...396d73b39b.jpg

So you're a multi-millionaire. You go around telling people your last album was about integrity and how much you still care for music. You've just announced a tour playing arena's. People still go and see you play despite your voice being absolutely ****ed. Hundreds of fans buy expensive packages to see an exclusive one-off show. And then you decide to play 9 songs which include absolutely no fan favourites. To top it off you decide to do an encore and can't make up your mind as to whether you'll play a cover song or the only song that's the only even remotely interesting song of your setlist so you'll have to decide on the spot as god forbid, you'd actually play both. No, 10 songs is the absolute maximum you're willing to give. Is that the integrity Jon Bon Jovi talks about?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Walleris 01-18-2020 11:41 AM

I like the name of the venue. It's exactly what I would need to indulge in to enjoy a show like this.

bonjovi90 01-18-2020 04:18 PM

https://www.instagram.com/shunold_bj/

liljovi93 01-18-2020 04:29 PM

He needs a ****ing haircut. It looks hideous.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-18-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1260877)
Seen some vids. Sounds horrific.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260889)
He needs a ****ing haircut. It looks hideous.

The Q&A were actually entertaining. About his voice, I'm afraid that I'm agree...
And And And... I LOVE the hair! -_-

YOVANAfromPeru 01-19-2020 07:11 PM

I really can't concentrate in the song, when my eyes sees all in white and purple... Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ejc...ature=youtu.be

efpg0708 01-19-2020 08:11 PM

Anyone headed to Vegas for Jon this week?

This has to be a joke right ? Is it safe to say that people paid more than 100 bucks per song ?

Everybody likes money, but when it comes to getting more of it, Jon really crosses the line of integrity ...

He can’t sing. His playing is average at best. He plays 10 songs that no one wants to hear. And you get to ask him a question.

If this isn’t a prime example of milking people for every penny, I don’t know what is ... Honestly, I don’t know how he gets away with this. Americans like to sue people for everything (this is coming from someone whose entire family is American). I don’t get how people don’t riot when something like this happens [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovi98 01-19-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260920)
I really can't concentrate in the song, when my eyes sees all in white and purple... Wink

I love this song.

efpg0708 01-19-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260920)

Jon is trying to become Roger Waters (physically and money-loving-wise).

Rdkopper 01-20-2020 12:50 AM

What The **** was that? This is just wrong on so many levels. I took a break to get some hype for the new album and tour, and I come back to this shit?

What the hell happened to JBJ? If I found someone who never heard of Bon Jovi before and played them Access All Areas and then played them this show, they would never believe that they were once one in the same...

Jon always had the Cool Factor and this is just wrong. Is he trying to be a 75 year old politician and football team owner with a part time job as a rock star?

Guys like Tom Cruise and Rob Lowe are Jon's age so his current style just needs to go. A simple haircut and Just For Me Shampoo is all I ask for. And no, it's not about the music anymore. If Jon was still a cool mother fuxker, I'd forgive him for the shitty music...

Second, if surgery is out of the question, he needs a new vocal coach or just needs to quit these live performances... These songs are soooo slowed down. He can't keep up and it's a combination of baby talk with mumbled lyrics. It's beyond the point of enjoyment. Even the Old Time Rock and Roll hip shaking dancing. I mean come on Jon!!!

This is not the cool rock star who I wanted to be when I grew up...

Yeah, I'll get the new album and go to the local shows but besides those few events, I'm done!!! I so hope that I hear the new songs from the album before I get to hear them live.

Go write another song about Trump Jon!!! And watch the Golden Globe intro while you're at it!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

efpg0708 01-20-2020 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1260926)
Second, if surgery is out of the question, he needs a new vocal coach or just needs to quit these live performances... These songs are soooo slowed down. He can't keep up and it's a combination of baby talk with mumbled lyrics. It's beyond the point of enjoyment. Even the Old Time Rock and Roll hip shaking dancing. I mean come on Jon!!!

I agree. However, despite all of this, people still pay small fortunes to watch a (bad) joke like this Vegas “show”. It has become clear that what drives Jon nowadays is 100% money, so as long as the demand is there, he’ll continue doing things like this.

Rdkopper 01-20-2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1260927)
I agree. However, despite all of this, people still pay small fortunes to watch a (bad) joke like this Vegas “show”. It has become clear that what drives Jon nowadays is 100% money, so as long as the demand is there, he’ll continue doing things like this.

Maybe... The people here on Jovi Talk are not Jon's Die Hard fans. It's those fan club people and what drives them and what drives us are two completely different things.

steel_horse75 01-20-2020 08:22 AM

I just dont see how people who attend are not saying his vocals are done.
Twitter is full of (mainly women who love an ass shake) who are saying this was great.
At a stadium you can hide the vocals but stripped down you can hear how bad they are and how out of breath he is even sitting down. Was thinking last night I've no idea why jbj still has Tico and Dave in the band and releases and tours under bon jovi. He might as well sack them and tour under Jon bon jovi as that's how he sees it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

NicoRourke 01-20-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1260926)
Yeah, I'll get the new album and go to the local shows but besides those few events, I'm done!!!

And that's precisely why he will keep on doing this crap. He will have your money anyway.

BJFan99 01-20-2020 01:56 PM

Watched Unbroken last night.

It was so bad I wanted to cry, and almost did.

Congrats, Jon, for ruining your voice and performances just early enough for it to damage the band's reputation as a live act on the long run. You topped our expectations.

I'm scared to even think this shit of post-2013 JBJ will be what most of the newer casual fans will remember (or even know, FFS) of him and the band live after Bon Jovi have called it quits... :( The younger generation of fans must be wondering what all the fuss was about back in the day. It's extremely sad, because we know how good Jon and the band used to be.

Alphavictim 01-20-2020 02:26 PM

Some of you guys are acting like dicks. Let people enjoy this stuff if they want to, don't give them crap for it. However, yes, give JBJ crap for asking top dollar for a 9 song set list. What the hell? What is "Spell" anyway, is that a new song? A cover?

liljovi93 01-20-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1260932)
Some of you guys are acting like dicks. Let people enjoy this stuff if they want to, don't give them crap for it. However, yes, give JBJ crap for asking top dollar for a 9 song set list. What the hell? What is "Spell" anyway, is that a new song? A cover?

I don't think anyone is acting a dick. Yes, people can spend their money however they want. I'm sure they have earned it and if they want to spend $4000 on a show that's up to them BUT the real issue with these shows is that people are, as you say, paying top dollar for a 9 song set list. Nothing will change because people are spending that type of money constantly. That's why shows aren't what they used to be, that's why Jon doesn't give a **** and that's why none of us will get any information from Jon on the new album until press speak to him.

Spell is 'I Put A Spell On You' - So he was even toying with playing a ****ing cover song on that event.

bonjovi90 01-20-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1260931)
The younger generation of fans must be wondering what all the fuss was about back in the day. It's extremely sad, because we know how good Jon and the band used to be.

I don't think there is a younger generation of fans anymore. Ask a 16-20 year old kid today and I'd say that maybe 20-30% could name more than one song, let alone given the fact they'd know who he is.

Alphavictim 01-20-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260933)
Nothing will change because people are spending that type of money constantly. That's why shows aren't what they used to be, that's why Jon doesn't give a **** and that's why none of us will get any information from Jon on the new album until press speak to him.

His voice is not gonna come back just because fan club events are suddenly underbooked.

BJ as a band have always been an ultra corporate machine, with insulting ticket and especially merch prices, and he's played the "working guy's band" card for close to 15 years at this point nonetheless, even when they're more the aged trophy wife's band than anything. I'm afraid that ain't gonna change.

I mean, there's other bands which are a cynical shell of packaged rebellion, too. Guns & Roses act like they're a wild and crazy bunch of street guys, when they have an orchestra on stage and ask four digit sums for VIP experiences. But they make different music, still. I like BJ's music, but it doesn't exactly lend a "beneath it all, it's still dirty and defiant rock & roll" sheen to it all.

liljovi93 01-20-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1260935)
His voice is not gonna come back just because fan club events are suddenly underbooked.

BJ as a band have always been an ultra corporate machine, with insulting ticket and especially merch prices, and he's played the "working guy's band" card for close to 15 years at this point nonetheless, even when they're more the aged trophy wife's band than anything. I'm afraid that ain't gonna change.

I mean, there's other bands which are a cynical shell of packaged rebellion, too. Guns & Roses act like they're a wild and crazy bunch of street guys, when they have an orchestra on stage and ask four digit sums for VIP experiences. But they make different music, still. I like BJ's music, but it doesn't exactly lend a "beneath it all, it's still dirty and defiant rock & roll" sheen to it all.

Who said his voice will? We know it isn't coming back which is why he plays these songs so slow... So play something decent!!! Who the **** wants 'With These Two Hands' and 'Blind Love' when you have a catalogue like they do.

He said at this Q&A that he listened to some albums recently deciding what to play yet chooses these.

Most people charge a lot of money, again, I get that but they don't write songs about working men and charge how much they do.

Captain_jovi 01-20-2020 03:11 PM

It's all subjective but playing Blind Love and With These Two Hands is a GREAT move. If anyone is going to multiple trips though it's shooting yourself in the foot because there's five or six songs constantly on rotation for shows like these. If you have a group of 40 or so that will cheer and whoop and holler no matter what you play there is no reason why you can't pull any song you wish you could do in the arenas but no one knows it.

liljovi93 01-20-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1260938)
It's all subjective but playing Blind Love and With These Two Hands is a GREAT move. If anyone is going to multiple trips though it's shooting yourself in the foot because there's five or six songs constantly on rotation for shows like these. If you have a group of 40 or so that will cheer and whoop and holler no matter what you play there is no reason why you can't pull any song you wish you could do in the arenas but no one knows it.

Great move for who?
I'd 'welcome' them at a show, but don't say you have realized how good some songs are and then play them two. These shows used to have songs that we didn't expect but I expect them two songs now at them shows, that's my problem.

Bells Of Freedom, All About Loving You, Thank You For Loving Me, Snippet of 'I Want You', Never Say Goodbye etc... all songs that have been played at these shows and none are in my top 50 songs probably but they're good and just as easy to play with how much they're dropped down.

Captain_jovi 01-20-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260939)
Great move for who?
I'd 'welcome' them at a show, but don't say you have realized how good some songs are and then play them two. These shows used to have songs that we didn't expect but I expect them two songs now at them shows, that's my problem.

Bells Of Freedom, All About Loving You, Thank You For Loving Me, Snippet of 'I Want You', Never Say Goodbye etc... all songs that have been played at these shows and none are in my top 50 songs probably but they're good and just as easy to play with how much they're dropped down.

Great move for people who are sick of the same 25 songs played over and over on tour. I'd like hearing all of those songs too, much more over Blind Love but if it was Blind Love once I'd say "cool" but show after show after show you wonder why.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-20-2020 06:43 PM

He has been playing With These Two Hands almost in all these RT events for a long time now... Blind Love was the only relative surprise (he played this one before too but I think it's a nice song; however it's a slow song); beside that Unbroken is way slow too >_<, I personally need some "rock 'n' roll" songs on this album, and plese don't tell me This House Is Not For Sale was, 'cause I basically hate that album!
PS I'm still waiting for A Teardrop To The Sea acoustic... lol
This was the next day: Sáb. 18/ENE JBJ eléctrico, Starkey Hearing Expo, Las Vegas, NV The Cosmopolitan
Livin' On A Prayer: https://twitter.com/wanjahadashah/st...15708697862144

liljovi93 01-20-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260942)
He has been playing With These Two Hands almost in all these RT events for a long time now... Blind Love was the only relative surprise (he played this one before too but I think it's a nice song; however it's a slow song); beside that Unbroken is way slow too >_<, I personally need some "rock 'n' roll" songs on this album, and plese don't tell me This House Is Not For Sale was, 'cause I basically hate that album!

This was the next day: Sáb. 18/ENE JBJ eléctrico, Starkey Hearing Expo, Las Vegas, NV The Cosmopolitan

Yeah, that's what I mean. I have so many followers on Twitter who do multiple shows of these yet they aren't get anything 'Wow' or even that different in terms to what they usually get. Just lazy but understandable if they aren't bothered.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-20-2020 07:00 PM

I have to add that I enjoy Greg Mayo 1 million times more than Phil X (especially in that Livin' On A Prayer)... ops -_-

YOVANAfromPeru 01-20-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260947)
I have to add that I enjoy Greg Mayo 1 million times more than Phil X (especially in that Livin' On A Prayer)... ops -_-

Even this kid plays better than Phil X https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jW2BJJR1o/
>_< jaja

rolo_tomachi 01-20-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260951)
Even this kid plays better than Phil X https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jW2BJJR1o/
>_< jaja

Yeah, Coco is more cool than Phil.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-20-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1260958)
Yeah, Coco is more cool than Phil.

Coco??? I think his name is Jayden Tatasciore, whatever I don't care!

rolo_tomachi 01-20-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260959)
Coco??? I think his name is Jayden Tatasciore, whatever I don't care!

https://s4.thcdn.com/productimg/300/...7151563317.jpg

YOVANAfromPeru 01-20-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1260964)

https://media3.giphy.com/media/s7hnPifuBdOOQ/giphy.gif
Ohhh I see!
>_< jajaja

bonjovi90 01-26-2020 11:56 AM

Not sure if this concert was part of the trip, but I like the sound of his solo band actually better than the current line-up. The guitar players and backing vocals are good. Jon sounds bad, but not so horribly out of time as on band shows:

JackieBlue 01-26-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261109)
Not sure if this concert was part of the trip, but I like the sound of his solo band actually better than the current line-up. The guitar players and backing vocals are good. Jon sounds bad, but not so horribly out of time as on band shows:
Jon Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine Live 2020 - YouTube

Does anybody know the players (besides Everett and Lorenza)? The guitarist on Jon's left was with him and Lorenza when Jon did that radio broadcast right after Unbroken was released; and both he and the guy on keys played keyboard on the Mediterranean Runaway cruise. Just curious.

Elvistico 02-04-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1260942)

Say what you will but This House is not for Sale is actually a great rock song.