Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Muse Live??? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36364)

Neurotica80 07-18-2006 03:33 PM

Muse Live???

I can go see them later this year what are they like live??? Im a very casual fan only really heard their big hits but tix are fairly cheap so I might give them a go.

Captain Walrus 07-18-2006 03:50 PM

Worth going too at least once, definetly

Try not to be too close, otherwise you won't be able to take in all the lights and everything

Jim Bon Jovi 07-18-2006 03:53 PM

an absolute monster of a live band.

me and my mates pretty much hated them until we seen them live just before they released origin and now we all love them.

ive got offered a ticket to see them too and the only thing stopping me is it's probably not in my best interests to be at a gig like muse if i'm way down the front until i'm totally recovered from my surgery.

hmmm decisions.

Yvonne 07-18-2006 10:59 PM

muse rock love muse may go and watch them myself just gotta get a ticket and if you ever saw them at glastonbury on tv theyre fantastic!

BeExcellent 07-19-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
an absolute monster of a live band.

Yep. Absolutely, ****ing huge live.

Even as a support act to Skunk Anansie and 3 Colours Red about 10 years ago they stole the show. Their Reading show (02/03?) in the torrential rain was absolutely spectacular and confirmed them as a stadium act. I honestly won't be surprised if they are the first band to headline Wembley Stadium!!

With so much good material now, you absolutely guaranteed a first class night, Matt Bellamy is pure showman and the band is louder than thunder (and also way louder than Thunder, the band).

Even if you are on the fence about their CDs (which have definitely let them down in the past), don't miss the chance!

BeExcellent 07-19-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
but tix are fairly cheap so I might give them a go.

It is sad that £27.50 is now regarded as cheap for a gig!

Neurotica80 07-19-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent
It is sad that £27.50 is now regarded as cheap for a gig!

I know madness isnt it??? Its funny how bands like Def Leppard and G N R charge £40 for a ticket when they havnt had a hit in years, yet popular bands like muse can keep their prices "down".

Neurotica80 07-19-2006 11:14 PM

Oh and cheers for the comments people I think iv made my mind up :)

Living_on_my_Hair 07-20-2006 12:39 PM

looking good for Muse Stateside anyway - they have debuted at number Number Nine on the chart with 'Black Holes & Revelations'. Their previous album, 2003's 'Absolution' only reached Number 107 (!) reports Billboard.

Apparently somewhere between 2003 and now theyv got pretty huge in the US!

andi

Jim Bon Jovi 07-21-2006 10:54 PM

apparently they're doing arena shows later on in the year for everyone who's missed them this time.