Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Panda 07-20-2012 07:03 PM

I'm seeing Steve Martin tomorrow, Neil Young in November. And I just bought tickets for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds And Snow Patrol in October.

Budge 07-21-2012 12:19 AM

Saw the Stone Roses the other week at Heaton Park, absolutely awesome. Couldn't describe the feelings I had. I went through my late teens with them they were brilliant. A worthy mention to the Wailers who were one of the support acts. Redemption Song absolutely cracking, the whole crowd tripping out to the tunes they were giving.. class.

Going to see JAMES in 2 weeks time, another of my favourite bands ever from my teens and still touring and giving it large... They played Coachella a couple of months ago and then went on to Rock in Rio in Lisbon. I f*ckin love this band.:cool:

James live at Lisbon(Rock in Rio):

Sound * Tomorrow * Ring The Bells * Sometimes * Johnny Yen * Getting Away With It (All Messed Up) * Sit Down

Chica Guacamole 08-05-2012 12:48 PM

Got tickets to see Rodrigo Y Gabriela next week as part of the Edinburgh festival. I saw them earlier this year, although I enjoyed the show I do think that the Cuban orchestra that they are performing with on this tour overpoered them a bit, so I'm hoping that this time there's a bit more of just Rob and Gab themselves. Still an excellent show though :)

Kathleen 08-14-2012 06:19 PM

Just bought tickets to see Grace Potter at The Beacon and just scored tickets to night 2 of The Gaslight Anthem. Both shows in November.

I already have tickets for Heart at The Beacon and Leonard Cohen at MSG, not to mention 5 Bruce shows close to home - it's gonna be a good fall concert season :)

asok80 08-14-2012 07:07 PM

Well I've actually not bought one per se but my brother is taking me to see Leonard Cohen here in Gothenburg in two weeks. First time for me. :-)

Kathleen 08-16-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1087290)
Well I've actually not bought one per se but my brother is taking me to see Leonard Cohen here in Gothenburg in two weeks. First time for me. :-)

I went to see Leonard Cohen at MSG in 2010 mostly as a nostalgia trip. I have loved his music since I heard some of it in 1966. I figured that the "old mam" would be just that and didn't even bring the recording gear.

Holy crap - it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. The "old man" blew me away time and again. I sincerely regretted not having the recording gear. The shear level of musicianship of everyone onstage was incredible.

I hope your show is as good.

life_of_agony 08-16-2012 12:50 PM

Just bought a ticket to see Guns N' Roses in Vegas on the 14th November. 'Tis my third trip to the USA in 12 months - finding out that Gunners are playing when we are there has made me even more excited. I saw the mighty Steel Panther when I went over in November last year, Motley earlier this year and now Gunners. Sweet.

asok80 08-16-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1087332)
I went to see Leonard Cohen at MSG in 2010 mostly as a nostalgia trip. I have loved his music since I heard some of it in 1966. I figured that the "old mam" would be just that and didn't even bring the recording gear.

Holy crap - it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. The "old man" blew me away time and again. I sincerely regretted not having the recording gear. The shear level of musicianship of everyone onstage was incredible.

I hope your show is as good.

Great to hear. I hope we will get a great show here too. He's playing at one of are new outdoor stadium (small place really 15-18,000 people max) so that will be interesting too.

Sambo-Chris 08-16-2012 08:30 PM

Amy McDonald Berlin Nov. 12 two tickets for the price of one from my mobile company :)

nickolai 08-16-2012 09:07 PM

I'm going to see The Bon Jovi Experience in The Cavern, Liverpool next month. Only a tenner and it's a giggle