Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi and Aldo Nova (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55373)

Supersonic 04-09-2013 09:06 PM

Aloha !

Very cool topic with lots of information, cheers for posting. Also proves how Jon certainly didn't write everything himself like I suggested many times before. If anything this is the perfect proof how Jon's messed around with songwriting credits over the years just to be able that he wrote it himself.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Pstmatt 04-09-2013 10:33 PM

The former Sambora, Such and Dean Fasano band Message rereleased the early 80's album "Lessons" on CD in 2000. It contains the orginal "Lessons" album and a few bonus tracks. Two of which were newly recorded. The Nova and Jovi penned "Medicine Man" and "Dance Of the Dead". Usually found on ebay pretty easily. Also, Message put out an album in 1998 called "Fine Line" which has "Hey Jonny" and a pretty cool cover of "Fields Of Fire". Also pretty easily found on ebay.

Pstmatt 04-09-2013 10:41 PM

Actually now that I listen to the "Hey Jonny" demo, the version on the Message album while called "Hey Jonny" is lyrically "Hey Ronnie". Damn, that "Hey Jonny" demo is kinda sad! lol

DestinationJovi 04-10-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1121089)

This is fantastic! Nice find, thanks!

Rdkopper 04-10-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1121246)
The former Sambora, Such and Dean Fasano band Message rereleased the early 80's album "Lessons" on CD in 2000. It contains the orginal "Lessons" album and a few bonus tracks. Two of which were newly recorded. The Nova and Jovi penned "Medicine Man" and "Dance Of the Dead". Usually found on ebay pretty easily. Also, Message put out an album in 1998 called "Fine Line" which has "Hey Jonny" and a pretty cool cover of "Fields Of Fire". Also pretty easily found on ebay.

I don't understand this part? What's going on with "Medicine Man" and "Dance Of the Dead"? It's on the rereleased Message album?

Rdkopper 04-10-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1121248)
Damn, that "Hey Jonny" demo is kinda sad! lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one?

Pstmatt 04-10-2013 01:41 AM

Yes. On the Message album "Lessons" both Medicine Man and Dance of the Dead are on there. There were two versions released on CD in 2000 one with a black cover and one with a white cover. I have the balck cover one and they are both on there. They are Tracks 1 and 2 and clearly new recordings cause the sound quality is waaaay better than the rest of the album that dates back to 1981 (i think)...was a cool pickup as Richie plays guitar on the album and wrote 2 of the the songs. I guess Dean Fasano was a fan of Aldo Nova, as I cant imagine why else he would choose to cover two obscure songs like this. It's obviously not the original Message band playing on them.

Becky 04-10-2013 02:02 AM

Can someone post the lyrics to Hey Jonny? My antivirus won't let me open the link because it's "dangerous."

Never mind... I got it.

Rdkopper 04-10-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1121294)
Can someone post the lyrics to Hey Jonny? My antivirus won't let me open the link because it's "dangerous."

Becky, This is one of the greatest songs. You have to get it to work.

Pstmatt 04-10-2013 02:14 AM

It is kinda cool and sad for the guy! I mean damn! Call the guy back! lol Aldos got some pretty big songwriting credits to his credit over the years. Including a few hits for Celine Dion.

I did always wonder wny the Message version was called "Hey Jonny" but had the exact same lyrics as "Hey Ronnie".

The demo kinda makes the lyric in "Ronnie" version a little more depressing..."My Dream of being Elvis all but passed me by..."