Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why do so many people call any acoustic version of Livin' on a Prayer "Prayer 94"? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=57368)

TwinFan 01-23-2014 01:38 AM

Why do so many people call any acoustic version of Livin' on a Prayer "Prayer 94"?

Seriously. Why?

DestinationJovi 01-23-2014 02:12 AM

Why do so many people echo "WANTED!" during the first verse of Wanted Dead or Alive?

Kathleen 01-23-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1160786)
Seriously. Why?

Because they don't know what the fcuk they are talking about?

Rdkopper 01-23-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Seriously. Why?

People? What people? Are you looking for a technical answer?

I think the acoustic version took on it's own identity aside from just Prayer Acoustic. Since Jon took the legendary rendition into a studio, added some elements, and released it onto an album with a different name, people now identify it with that name.

Rdkopper 01-23-2014 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1160787)
Why do so many people echo "WANTED!" during the first verse of Wanted Dead or Alive?

Are you one of them?

When I see that in concert, it reminds me how many casuals are in attendance

DryCounty 01-23-2014 03:42 AM

Why do so many people wave their hands to Captain Crash?

Captmorgs 01-23-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Seriously. Why?

You mean besides the fact that is the name of the track on Cross Road?

DestinationJovi 01-23-2014 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1160789)
People? What people? Are you looking for a technical answer?

I think the acoustic version took on it's own identity aside from just Prayer Acoustic. Since Jon took the legendary rendition into a studio, added some elements, and released it onto an album with a different name, people now identify it with that name.

Except Prayer 94 is not acoustic, it's electric. One would think "the worlds most knowledgable Bon Jovi fan" would know this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1160790)
Are you one of them?

If I was one of them I would think it is correct and thus not have asked the question in the first place. It was rhetorical anyway. The answer to the thread question is the same answer to my question. :rolleyes:

Lampinen 01-23-2014 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1160794)
Except Prayer 94 is not acoustic, it's electric. One would think "the worlds most knowledgable Bon Jovi fan" would know this.

He didn't say Prayer '94 was acoustic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDKopper
I think the acoustic version took on it's own identity aside from just Prayer Acoustic. Since Jon took the legendary rendition into a studio, added some elements, and released it onto an album with a different name...

Rdkopper 01-23-2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1160794)

If I was one of them I would think it is correct and thus not have asked the question in the first place. It was rhetorical anyway. The answer to the thread question is the same answer to my question. :rolleyes:

I never said Prayer '94 was acoustic and choose my words carefully.

You could still sing the Wanted verse knowing it's wrong. Its been done that way since inception so why be politically correct now? I know it's coming, I know it's wrong, and I still blast it out with the rest of them. That was once I grew up and stopped pretending that I was the 6th member. :cool: