Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What songs do you want on the 2nd leg of the tour? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69970)

Kokutetsu101 04-19-2017 01:52 PM

How come songs like last cigarette or novocaine or maybe even story of my life dosen't get performed?? Jon should be able to pull that off

Anyways my list would be
Living with the ghost
Real love
Blind love
Brokenpromiseland
Live before you die
Fast cars
Learn to love
I wanna be loved
Welcome to wherever you are
Wildflower
Last cigarette
Novocaine
You had me from hello
Love me back to life
Everyday
Undivided
Next 100 years
Say it isn't so
Just older
Save the world
These days
Something for the pain
Something to believe in
Bitter wine
Anything before or from these days is fine with me

Eveline 04-19-2017 02:42 PM

I would LOVE to hear the songs NEVER performed live like Hearts breaking even...

Captain_jovi 04-19-2017 04:37 PM

Honestly, just variety. I know I've said it before but the repeat songs they're choosing aren't bad but don't need to be highlighted every tour. Give some of those non hits a rest. 99 in the Shade would be a fun party song, One Wild Night, Bounce. Just switch it up a tad, if not show to show then tour to tour.

DryCounty 04-19-2017 05:43 PM

It's really time for Everyday to return. Comercially it's a top 40 hit in the States, Top 10 hit in Canada, Germany, Australia and a bunch of European countries. It has a sold 8 million plays on Youtube and was a first single.

Musically it's an utempo energetic song that actually has a heavy rock feel to it. It's easy on Jons vocals and would be perfect to play early in the set instead of songs like Lost Highway, WLOL, Born To Follow etc.

One Wild Night, Misunderstood, Bounce, Last Man Standing, Story of My Life, Any Other Day, Thorn In My Side, LTOR, Saturday Nights Gave Me Sunday Mornings, Water Made Me would be a good bunch of the 2000 material. Those are songs I picked thinking of what could actually work out live and mainly songs Jon could manage to get through.
I'd love for the band to play all of NJ, KTF and TD but it's not realistic. He'll play the hits because he has to - but the days of hearing Hey God, Dry County, TAALS, Wild in the Streets, Livin In Sin and so on are gone.

Captain_jovi 04-19-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1223820)
It's really time for Everyday to return. Comercially it's a top 40 hit in the States, Top 10 hit in Canada, Germany, Australia and a bunch of European countries. It has a sold 8 million plays on Youtube and was a first single.

Musically it's an utempo energetic song that actually has a heavy rock feel to it. It's easy on Jons vocals and would be perfect to play early in the set instead of songs like Lost Highway, WLOL, Born To Follow etc.

One Wild Night, Misunderstood, Bounce, Last Man Standing, Story of My Life, Any Other Day, Thorn In My Side, LTOR, Saturday Nights Gave Me Sunday Mornings, Water Made Me would be a good bunch of the 2000 material. Those are songs I picked thinking of what could actually work out live and mainly songs Jon could manage to get through.
I'd love for the band to play all of NJ, KTF and TD but it's not realistic. He'll play the hits because he has to - but the days of hearing Hey God, Dry County, TAALS, Wild in the Streets, Livin In Sin and so on are gone.

I wouldn't count out the last batch, most of those got played on the European run last tour. I think the days of hoping to hear them at a North American show are long gone but any one of those could return if they go to Europe.

Captain.Crash 04-20-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1223801)
Anything pre-Circle. Literally anything.

Wildflower?

cqleonardo 04-20-2017 09:51 PM

second leg will be South America so, some stuff off These Days is gonna appear on the setlists...

bonjovi90 04-20-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1223886)
second leg will be South America so, some stuff off These Days is gonna appear on the setlists...

I wouldn't count on that...

Elvistico 04-21-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokutetsu101 (Post 1223809)
How come songs like last cigarette or novocaine or maybe even story of my life dosen't get performed?? Jon should be able to pull that off

Anyways my list would be
Living with the ghost
Real love
Blind love
Brokenpromiseland
Live before you die
Fast cars
Learn to love
I wanna be loved
Welcome to wherever you are
Wildflower
Last cigarette
Novocaine
You had me from hello
Love me back to life
Everyday
Undivided
Next 100 years
Say it isn't so
Just older
Save the world
These days
Something for the pain
Something to believe in
Bitter wine
Anything before or from these days is fine with me

Kinda strange that Living with a ghost hasn't been played, but maybe the song is too much inspired by Richie so that Jon does not want to go through that emotion every night. When you write a song, you're in a whole other place than when you're performing it in front of 20.000 fans who are there to rock out.

The list above contains some funny titles that - dreaming is allowed though - will never ever see the light of day anymore on a stage : bitter wine, save the world, I want to be loved, Cigarette, wildflower, You had me from hello, Novocaine ( so many hand songs in that list - was that your fav record?)

Super rarities that i can see being played once are :

- Story of my life
- Undivided (would fit if ever doing a paris show in Europe since paris is the city suffering most under terrorist attacks - the song has a link)
- Everyday : that's a great suggestion that was made - this band would nail it
- Love is the only rule might be the rarity they pull from The Circle

The old classic rarities of fan favorites - I believe, STBI, Hey God, Dry County, This ain't a love song, ... If i believed in god i'd pray for those songs :) Halleluja baby !

Elvistico 04-21-2017 11:17 AM

... Whooaaa... been reading the board from time to time but it has been a long time I've posted. Just saying : it feels good to write again :) - most unimportant post everrrrr!