Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   FINISHED! - The Jovitalk Livin' On A Prayer video (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50204)

Supersonic 02-16-2010 09:28 PM

FINISHED! - The Jovitalk Livin' On A Prayer video

Aloha !

For anyone who doesn't know; bonjovi.com started a contest. http://prayer.bonjovi.com/

I asked users to send in their part and to tell me what song they wanted to hear most. This is what Jovitalk came up with. Anyone who wants to see what I look like nowadays (and I just know there's people who want to); enjoy this moment and treasure it for the rest of your life. Just remember. I'm God and you're not.

1. Sebastiaan - The Netherlands - Hey God

2. Joe - United Kingdom - These Days

3. Dawn - United Kingdom - Dry County

4. Brian - New York, USA - Say It Isn't So

5. SemiG - The Netherlands - Lie To Me

6. Russ - United Kingdom - Dry County

7. Wouter - The Netherlands - Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)

8. Katherine - New Jersey, USA - Hey God

9. Anthony - Australia - I Believe

10. Lee-Ann - Australia - Something To Believe In

11. Michelle - Florida, USA - Thank You For Loving Me

12. Dominic - United Kingdom - Damned

13. Jack - United Kingdom - Little Bit Of Soul

14. Iceman - Finland - Social Disease

15. Kathleen - New Jersey, USA - Hey God

16. Jim - United Kingdom - I Believe

17. Paul - New Jersey, USA - Hey God

18. Roxy - Romania - Lay Your Hands On Me

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

hometownboy 02-16-2010 09:43 PM

count me in seb!

Jim Bon Jovi 02-16-2010 10:04 PM

**** yeah i'm in

*runs off to borrow friends djembe drum* :D

edit: do we need to record sound or is it goin to be mixed over the original track?

how do you record using a webcam too actually?

slofan 02-16-2010 10:10 PM

video

if this video wins....can we all go on the stage?:onfire::onfire::onfire:

Iceman 02-16-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 971376)
edit: do we need to record sound or is it goin to be mixed over the original track?

Quote:You won't have to sing live, miming will do, I'll just put the original song as the soundtrack for the video.

Quote:

how do you record using a webcam too actually?
http://www.google.com/search?site=&q=record+web+cam

Ice

Dawn 02-17-2010 02:07 AM

This is great , just what I wanted us to do :D

Unless u r winding us up as usual and just want people to make the video so you can take the piss out of them. I have no trust left :( :cry:

JBJ says in the video we have to sing prayer . Why do you want people to mime ? We have such good singers here anyway... Seb you and your brother can sing, Im presuming u would have to record singing from your chin, as u do not show your faces ! :p Jimbo can sing and Thierry or is that just guitar ? Kathleen is a singer also... and Naomi.

Dawn

Crushgen24/88 02-17-2010 02:20 AM

I'm totally down for making an ass of myself doing this.

Ferret 02-17-2010 02:25 AM

I don't have a webcam, but I'll happily sing a line over footage of someone else (or some shitty footage of me with my band).

Savvi 02-17-2010 03:29 AM

If have the balls to record myself then i'm in.

LeaJovi 02-17-2010 03:44 AM

Me and my Argentinian mates are in! Get ready seb for some UBER footage ;)

kenobi_on_a_prayer 02-17-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 971499)

Heh, ditto. This should be hilarious.

Iceman 02-17-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 971481)
JBJ says in the video we have to sing prayer . Why do you want people to mime ? We have such good singers here anyway... Seb you and your brother can sing, Im presuming u would have to record singing from your chin, as u do not show your faces ! :p Jimbo can sing and Thierry or is that just guitar ? Kathleen is a singer also... and Naomi.

All the examples they've approved shows people lipsynching to the original recording. So, it's safe to say that's the way they want the videos even though it isn't mentioned anywhere.

Ice

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 02-17-2010 11:58 AM

But what city would this JT video qualify for?

Tictoc 02-17-2010 12:26 PM

Can't wait to put some faces to names. Should be quite hilarious.

yomamasofat 02-17-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* (Post 971538)
But what city would this JT video qualify for?

Not a city but a county. Dry County.

Rockymt 02-17-2010 03:48 PM

Video

If you need someone from Florida-- I'll gladly join the video.
Let me know what to do.
Thanks for making the effort!

Peterson 02-17-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 971499)

Same here ;)

superjovi 02-18-2010 01:51 AM

I'm gonna do my own, full blown version, but I'd be glad to lend some clips of mine for your vid. BUT, I am not gonna say what I'm doing to ruin the surprise.

But for this one part I wanna do- can somebody answer me a quick question? What guitar model does Richie use in the Prayer Video? And, is that the one used on the album version? Thanks much! Is it his Star Kramer? I don't know my guitars that well... at least I can't tell from just looking. Thanks!

Supersonic 02-18-2010 01:55 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockymt (Post 971558)
If you need someone from Florida-- I'll gladly join the video.
Let me know what to do.
Thanks for making the effort!

I don't need anyone from Florida, I don't need anyone from anywhere. Anyone is just welcome to join, no matter if you're from Florida or Argentina, it should be a collaboration of everyone. The only thing you need is a webcam or a camera you can hook up to your computer. I'll write a tutorial on how to record and send me the file. :)

Don't bother about looking silly, the video will be silly anyway but will without a doubt get their attention. Right now I've got roughly 15 people who have said yes but we need more. The song is roughly 4 minutes long which would mean roughly 180 seconds of singing which would mean roughly 20 seconds per person which is really long, believe me.

The idea is to get everyone to sing just one, maybe 2 lines. I'd include the name + country + a special surprise whenever you're on in the video. And this is the kind of surprise you'll love. 8)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

{_Warrior_} 02-18-2010 08:44 AM

I'm in.

Give me the tutorial !! :)

Rockymt 02-18-2010 03:38 PM

Loap Video

Ok let me know what I have to do, and when. Tutorial will help . Thanks!

Tixy 02-18-2010 05:17 PM

Count me in, but when does it end?

lovejbj20 02-18-2010 08:10 PM

I'm in too.

eddie73 02-19-2010 01:32 AM

count me in, will be a hoot:p

eddie73 02-19-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 971819)
count me in, will be a hoot:p

how the **** do i use a web cam

Dawn 02-19-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 971654)
Aloha !

I don't need anyone from Florida, I don't need anyone from anywhere. Anyone is just welcome to join, no matter if you're from Florida or Argentina, it should be a collaboration of everyone. The only thing you need is a webcam or a camera you can hook up to your computer. I'll write a tutorial on how to record and send me the file. :)

Don't bother about looking silly, the video will be silly anyway but will without a doubt get their attention. Right now I've got roughly 15 people who have said yes but we need more. The song is roughly 4 minutes long which would mean roughly 180 seconds of singing which would mean roughly 20 seconds per person which is really long, believe me.

The idea is to get everyone to sing just one, maybe 2 lines. I'd include the name + country + a special surprise whenever you're on in the video. And this is the kind of surprise you'll love. 8)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

A SPECIAL SUPRISE !!!!! u r going to stick fake boobs on the women that send videos in arent u Sebastian :p

Dawn

Dawn 02-19-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 971523)
All the examples they've approved shows people lipsynching to the original recording. So, it's safe to say that's the way they want the videos even though it isn't mentioned anywhere.

Ice

just been watchin some of the videos, a guy in the shower singing whilst brushing his teeth is so funny...

Dawn

Supersonic 02-20-2010 05:26 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 971824)
A SPECIAL SUPRISE !!!!! u r going to stick fake boobs on the women that send videos in arent u Sebastian :p

Dawn

Nope, it's going to be something everyone will like. Not just something I will like. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

superjovi 02-22-2010 04:33 AM

Like I said, don't count me out just yet- lets say I'll be a fill-in in the end. If you can't get somebody for a line or something save me for it. Once I'm done with mine, just ask me for a line you need and I'll provide you with it. I really wanna be part of this collaboration! :)

Kathleen 02-22-2010 04:44 AM

I should have posted sooner (my husband and I have had the stomach flu - it sucks) but I'm up for this. Paul has a webcam - I don't but I'm sure I can make something work.

Post your tutorial Seb - that way we all will be able to do do stuff the same way.

milomom 02-22-2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 972908)
I should have posted sooner (my husband and I have had the stomach flu - it sucks) but I'm up for this. Paul has a webcam - I don't but I'm sure I can make something work.

Post your tutorial Seb - that way we all will be able to do do stuff the same way.

Oh no. You got it, too? I'm so sorry. :(

Kathleen 02-22-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 972910)
Oh no. You got it, too? I'm so sorry. :(

Yeah - it's been a bad few days - but we are both on the mend. I actually ate dinner tonight - Pastina and ginger ale :D Bland but real food LOL

Captain Walrus 02-23-2010 12:17 AM

Hell, I'd probably be up for it!

Edit: I should add, I'm talking about the Prayer video, not the stomach flu!

Supersonic 02-24-2010 11:46 AM

Aloha !

Right, so while Walrus will record his stomac flu I'll give everyone the chance to record himself now. There's a tutorial in the first post, find the line you're supposed to do and PM me the results. Good luck everyone, this should be fun! :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

lovejbj20 02-24-2010 07:14 PM

Just a quick question it is necessarily to use a webcam or can I use a camera too?

Supersonic 02-24-2010 07:19 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovejbj20 (Post 973645)
Just a quick question it is necessarily to use a webcam or can I use a camera too?

Use whatever video equipment you want to use, as long as it offers good quality. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

kenobi_on_a_prayer 02-26-2010 04:26 AM

I've tried sending my file to Yousendit and Megaupload and for some reason it won't upload.:mad:

Viva Forever 02-27-2010 04:45 PM

i wuld lyk two be a part of this to pleese!!!!!! thank yuo!! can i sin the one a pon a time bit pleese?!?!?!?!?!?! thank yuo!!

Iceman 02-27-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 974237)
I've tried sending my file to Yousendit and Megaupload and for some reason it won't upload.:mad:

They usually won't allow adult material, so you might want to keep your clothes on... :P

Ice

kenobi_on_a_prayer 02-27-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 974797)
They usually won't allow adult material, so you might want to keep your clothes on... :P

Ice

Very funny.:rolleyes:

Anyway Rapidshare didn't seem to mind.:p