Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Def Leppard and Whtesnake tour! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45562)

Dave 1986 07-16-2008 11:45 PM

Love Walked In is the song I remember the most from that night. I was just gona settle for a best of album but I was kinda meaning to get BSS about 3 years ago so I settled with that.

Mad4Jovi 07-21-2008 04:51 PM

Thunder's 2nd album Laughing on Judgement Day is fantastic so once you've realised how awesome they are with BSS, make that one your next buy. Also Thunder are touring the UK in Nov - www.thunderonline.com ;)

As for the tour, I was at the Liverpool show. I thought Thunder rocked, if Danny did get a bit panto with the singalongs. I guess that's good in a support slot, right? Anyway, I love 'em and thought they went down well with the crowd. Looking forward to the headline tour in November.

David Coverdale did a cracking job of mimnig while the guy on the keyboards did most of the singing. Also from where I was standing on the sounddesk I could see when the pre-recorded vocals were phased in and out. I remember when Whitsnake rocked, and up until 3/4 years ago, DC could still hold his own. I'm afraid once you need the pre-records it's time to hang up your boots.

Despite Joe Elliots voice being weaker than it used to be I didn't think it was that detrimental to the show. I thought most of their set rocked and enjoyed reliving my youth. Not convinced I'd go and seethem again though.

All in all, wasn't bad for 3 classic rock bands for £40. 8)

Dave 1986 07-22-2008 01:06 AM

That explains why I could hardly hear Coverdales voice. I'd heard already that is voice wasn't as goo as the old days, but I'm actually quite hurt he lip-synced alot of it. There was me thinking they were the best out of the 3.

I think I will buy Thunder's 2nd album as Low Life In High Places is on there, which I loved.

Supersonic 07-22-2008 06:55 PM

Aloha !

I was wondering if Coverdale was miming when I saw Whitesnake at Wembley Arena but thought he'd never do so and thought it was probably the sound effect they layed over his vocals. I didn't even dare to start about it when I was standing there with Tom, but find it shocking and sad.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

LozLovesBonJovi 07-23-2008 09:24 PM

I missed Def Leppard and Whitesnake!! Gutted!! :(

Bleeding Purist 08-08-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 867858)
Aloha !

I was wondering if Coverdale was miming when I saw Whitesnake at Wembley Arena but thought he'd never do so and thought it was probably the sound effect they layed over his vocals. I didn't even dare to start about it when I was standing there with Tom, but find it shocking and sad.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'm late and this is old now, but whatever...

I don't think he is miming, but you are probably right about the sound effect to hide the weakness. If you check out the live DVD, "Live In the Still of the Night," EVERY TIME there is a dramatic drawn out vocal part, the camera cuts away or starts using visual effects rather than focusing on David with a close up. It's very noticable and extremely annoying.

Bleeding Purist 08-08-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4Jovi (Post 867543)
Thunder's 2nd album Laughing on Judgement Day is fantastic so once you've realised how awesome they are with BSS, make that one your next buy. Also Thunder are touring the UK in Nov - www.thunderonline.com ;)

As for the tour, I was at the Liverpool show. I thought Thunder rocked, if Danny did get a bit panto with the singalongs. I guess that's good in a support slot, right? Anyway, I love 'em and thought they went down well with the crowd. Looking forward to the headline tour in November.

David Coverdale did a cracking job of mimnig while the guy on the keyboards did most of the singing. Also from where I was standing on the sounddesk I could see when the pre-recorded vocals were phased in and out. I remember when Whitsnake rocked, and up until 3/4 years ago, DC could still hold his own. I'm afraid once you need the pre-records it's time to hang up your boots.

Despite Joe Elliots voice being weaker than it used to be I didn't think it was that detrimental to the show. I thought most of their set rocked and enjoyed reliving my youth. Not convinced I'd go and seethem again though.

All in all, wasn't bad for 3 classic rock bands for £40. 8)

I saw Whitesnake in 2003 and was very impressed as were most people at the time. He was working hard and the band as a whole was pretty much on fire. It was my 2nd time seeing Coverdale, the first being on the Slip of the Tongue tour back in 1990....a not so memorable moment (it was boring.) There didnt' seem to be any hijinks going on, but touring was fresh for him at the time.

I guess things have changed since 2003. The last time I saw them was in 2006, but my hearing blew out on me during that show halfway through "Burn."

Supersonic 08-08-2008 05:41 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 871080)
I don't think he is miming, but you are probably right about the sound effect to hide the weakness. If you check out the live DVD, "Live In the Still of the Night," EVERY TIME there is a dramatic drawn out vocal part, the camera cuts away or starts using visual effects rather than focusing on David with a close up. It's very noticable and extremely annoying.

He was miming. I've checked with other Whitesnake fans and they've also said he was miming.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bleeding Purist 08-08-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 871083)
Aloha !

He was miming. I've checked with other Whitesnake fans and they've also said he was miming.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Well then I'm not missing out on anything!

Bleeding Purist 08-13-2008 11:37 AM

For those who care......

Def Leppard is back in the states and the set list has changed. Mirror Mirror has been replaced with Make Love Like a Man. Nine Lives, praise be, has been dropped and replaced with "Go."