Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Def Leppard support Bon Jovi on European Tour? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55322)

BonJovi100 04-01-2013 12:15 PM

Def Leppard support Bon Jovi on European Tour?

I heard on radio today that DL will be support BJ on European tour. It's confirmed oficially?

Ricky Skywalker 04-01-2013 12:17 PM

I've heard it, too. It was announced in polish Radio Zet :) They said that it has something to do with the performance Joe and Jon did together few days ago :) hope that'd soon officially confirmed :)

Living_on_my_Hair 04-01-2013 01:17 PM

Today is April 1st too.

Andi

PanosBonJovi 04-01-2013 01:17 PM

Don't forget what day is today.

Walkerboy 04-01-2013 01:19 PM

Could be April Fool's, but it's also a possibility up to 20th June, but not thereafter (they are with Whitesnake & Europe).

Johny 04-01-2013 01:45 PM

I can't see this happen but it would be cool. Still I 'd prefer DL to come to Europe for a proper tour, this Viva Hysteria is really cool!

nrm123 04-02-2013 12:02 AM

I heard it was One Direction featuring Justin Bieber

rocknation 04-02-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1118825)
I heard it was One Direction featuring Justin Bieber

Shows how much you know -- actually, it's going to be Psy!

Becky 04-02-2013 01:45 AM

I'd be shocked if that were true.

danfan 04-02-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1118832)
I'd be shocked if that were true.

Me too, for many reasons:

-It would be labeled (wrongly) as the Ultimate Hair Band Tour. Neither band would go for that.
-It would stink of nostalgia, which we all know how Jon feels about.
-Def Leppard would have to be the opener, and I don't see Joe Elliot going for it.
-Sorry folks, but Jon would be put to shame by Joe (and he knows it.) Joe's voice has gotten better over the years.

TwinFan 04-02-2013 02:12 AM

It's April Fool's Day, dontcha know?

But all pranks aside, I don't think there's any chance of this happening.

ezearis 04-02-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1118835)
-Sorry folks, but Jon would be put to shame by Joe (and he knows it.) Joe's voice has gotten better over the years.

Ehm, no. Joe's voice has improved a lot in the last years, I don't know how he's doing that! But I don't think that he has a better voice than Jon, or that he could put him in shame.

SexxAtraxxion 04-02-2013 02:20 AM

Nickelback and Daughtry already opened for Bon Jovi. I wouldn't be surprised if another mediocre band opened for Bon Jovi.

ezearis 04-02-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1118840)
Nickelback and Daughtry already opened for Bon Jovi. I wouldn't be surprised if another mediocre band opened for Bon Jovi.

Or another mediocre solo act as David Bowie.

Bill23 04-02-2013 03:43 AM

Say what ya want but Def Lep opening for Jovi would be awesome!

danfan 04-02-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1118839)
Ehm, no. Joe's voice has improved a lot in the last years, I don't know how he's doing that! But I don't think that he has a better voice than Jon, or that he could put him in shame.

I don't know. Jovi is my favorite band, but at times, it's painful to listen to Jon sing some of the songs. Joe has no problems whatsoever, even on songs like Photograph.

As for the band themselves, no contest - Leppard would eat Bon Jovi alive on stage. And that's odd considering Bon Jovi has (or had) a better guitar player and drummer (though even with one arm, that's debatable). Def Leppard sound absolutely awesome live.

Just looking at the bands performing their latest singles, it's not even close:

danfan 04-02-2013 03:55 AM

To take it a step further, listen to how both bands sound recently playing their biggest hits:

Bon Jovi:

Def Leppard:

Def Leppard still really rocks and Joe can still hit the high notes. Jon doesn't even attempt to sing them.

danfan 04-02-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1118840)

Yeah, because either of them are in the same league as Def Leppard.

steel_horse75 04-02-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Joe has worst voice is rock IMO of course

steel_horse75 04-02-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1118845)
Say what ya want but Def Lep opening for Jovi would be awesome!

It wouldnt
Def leppard suck balls

danfan 04-02-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1118866)
It wouldnt
Def leppard suck balls

Dude, you're talking out of your butt. Watch those videos I posted. Def Leppard shits all over Bon Jovi in the live setting. The band is tighter and Joe's vocals are much stronger than Jon. Saying Joe has "the most horrible voice in rock" makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. He went through a period about 10 years ago where his voice sounded like dick, but right now, it's awesome. He's worked at improving his voice. Jon hasn't.

Roll 04-02-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Me too, for many reasons:

-It would be labeled (wrongly) as the Ultimate Hair Band Tour. Neither band would go for that.
-It would stink of nostalgia, which we all know how Jon feels about.
-Def Leppard would have to be the opener, and I don't see Joe Elliot going for it.

I can't see why you say that. Back in '95 Van Halen supported Bon Jovi on their European Tour and nobody thought it was the ultimate hair band tour.

danfan 04-02-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1118873)
I can't see why you say that. Back in '95 Van Halen supported Bon Jovi on their European Tour and nobody thought it was the ultimate hair band tour.

Van Halen is nothing overseas. Def Leppard is pretty big. Plus, Van Halen isn't considered as much a hair band as Def Leppard.

DevilsSon 04-02-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1118851)
Yeah, because either of them are in the same league as Def Leppard.

Why do you/anyone even bother replying to that guy? All his posts are so obviously provocative that it's not worth engaging in any conversation. And true story, ignorance is bliss at times. It's not like he ever added anything worth reading to any conversation that I can recall.

As about Leppard - I am not a massive fan. Never been, never will be. But hell. They would be a kick up the ass to Bon Jovi so it will never happen. It would mean a kick-ass show though as both bands would be pushing each other to do more.

Having said that, I've seen Guns N' Roses in Abu Dhabi on Thursday. And the people I was with still use the Bon Jovi gig there as an all time reference in terms of concert awesomeness. I couldn't really believe it, but they compare anyone to that gig. Slash, Guns N' Roses, Metallica...anyone. And yes, apparently, no one has ever been quite as good as Jovi. Soooo...don't throw stones at me as I am only reproducing what I thought was general opinion. Maybe we are overly critical sometimes? I'm saying all this thinking that we might think Leppard would kick Bon Jovi's ass...when in fact, they would not.

semigoodlookin 04-02-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1118875)
Why do you/anyone even bother replying to that guy? All his posts are so obviously provocative that it's not worth engaging in any conversation. And true story, ignorance is bliss at times. It's not like he ever added anything worth reading to any conversation that I can recall.

As about Leppard - I am not a massive fan. Never been, never will be. But hell. They would be a kick up the ass to Bon Jovi so it will never happen. It would mean a kick-ass show though as both bands would be pushing each other to do more.

Having said that, I've seen Guns N' Roses in Abu Dhabi on Thursday. And the people I was with still use the Bon Jovi gig there as an all time reference in terms of concert awesomeness. I couldn't really believe it, but they compare anyone to that gig. Slash, Guns N' Roses, Metallica...anyone. And yes, apparently, no one has ever been quite as good as Jovi. Soooo...don't throw stones at me as I am only reproducing what I thought was general opinion. Maybe we are overly critical sometimes? I'm saying all this thinking that we might think Leppard would kick Bon Jovi's ass...when in fact, they would not.

I know what you mean, I took my girlfriend to a show. She is not a fan really, and has been to see acts she loves, but she says that Bon Jovi was the best, and quite easily too. And as you of course know, my girlfriend is the barometer for how good a live band is, so there, it is settled.

It is probably that we have seen them so many time, live and via videos that we would pick apart something tiny. Bon Jovi was not the biggest touring act because us die hard's turned up, they were because loads of casual fans who think the band nails it live turned up.

Emisambora 04-02-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1118875)

Of course they still kick ass, otherwise they wouldn`t play arenas and stadiums all around the globe.

The problem with the die-hard fans itīs they want the ī95 tour back. They want These Days. They bitch about set lists that they read here like they were at the show...so how could they enjoy the band ?

SexxAtraxxion 04-02-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1118866)
It wouldnt
Def leppard suck balls

"Walk the dog - Not my style, man! Take out the trash - No way! Tidy your room - C'mon get real! Sorry dad, gotta disappear, Let's get the rock outta here."

Lyrical masterpiece from Joe Elliott.

Javier 04-02-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1118886)
"Walk the dog - Not my style, man! Take out the trash - No way! Tidy your room - C'mon get real! Sorry dad, gotta disappear, Let's get the rock outta here."

:lol: And they were in their 30's when they wrote that shit!!

In truth, I think DL are awesome live! But no, Joe doesn't sound all that great as danfan puts it. But Phil and Viv would play cirlces around Richie, even if Richie at one point was better than both, his playing while still good, isn't all that impressive anymore...

If it happens, they should go somewhere really cold and outdoors just to see if Phil STILL goes shirtless and works out in between sets....

danfan 04-02-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1118887)
:lol: And they were in their 30's when they wrote that shit!!

In truth, I think DL are awesome live! But no, Joe doesn't sound all that great as danfan puts it.

Really?

Do you own Mirror Ball? Did you watch those videos I posted from youtube? The guy has never sounded better.

steel_horse75 04-02-2013 05:28 PM

I like about 5 def leppard songs.
I hate their sound, hate their drums and just hate everything about them. Sorry !!

Iceman 04-02-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1118886)

"It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, who says you can't go home!"

Lyrical masterpiece from Jon Bon Jovi.

Def Leppard still kicks ass. Jovi doesn't. Joe can still hit the high notes, Jon can't. Phil and Viv still play guitar as good or better than they did, Richie doesn't. Def Leppard still has just five people on stage, Bon Jovi have dozens.

Def Leppard wins.

Ice

danfan 04-02-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1118889)
I like about 5 def leppard songs.
I hate their sound, hate their drums and just hate everything about them. Sorry !!

Nothing to be sorry for. You don't like them, you don't like them.

I hate Dave Matthews but I can't deny they're a great live act.

danfan 04-02-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1118891)
"It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, It's alright, who says you can't go home!"

Lyrical masterpiece from Jon Bon Jovi.

Def Leppard still kicks ass. Jovi doesn't. Joe can still hit the high notes, Jon can't. Phil and Viv still play guitar as good or better than they did, Richie doesn't. Def Leppard still has just five people on stage, Bon Jovi have dozens.

Def Leppard wins.

Ice

Sorry, but this is 100% right.

However, let's not kid ourselves. Bon Jovi is ten times bigger than Def Leppard.

Supersonic 04-02-2013 06:57 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1118874)
Van Halen is nothing overseas. Def Leppard is pretty big.

Uhm...No. I'd say Van Halen are more popular than Def Leppard are over here but only by a small margin. Def Leppard aren't "pretty big" over here. They're pretty much non-existant apart from a few countries here and there. If you drop the name Def Leppard chances are no one has any idea of what you're talking about, even if you play a song by them. Play Jump and chances are people recognize it.

I've seen Def Leppard once and was bored to death by them, and left after half an hour to get something to eat instead. It's mediocre mid-tempo drivel that pretty much sounds all the same to me. I've downloaded their discography and could never get into it. I never understood why they're so appealing to some.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

danfan 04-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1118897)
Aloha !

Uhm...No. I'd say Van Halen are more popular than Def Leppard are over here but only by a small margin. Def Leppard aren't "pretty big" over here. They're pretty much non-existant apart from a few countries here and there. If you drop the name Def Leppard chances are no one has any idea of what you're talking about, even if you play a song by them. Play Jump and chances are people recognize it.

I've seen Def Leppard once and was bored to death by them, and left after half an hour to get something to eat instead. It's mediocre mid-tempo drivel that pretty much sounds all the same to me. I've downloaded their discography and could never get into it. I never understood why they're so appealing to some.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Do you live in Japan and Australia?

I've never understood why a lot of bands are popular. People have different tastes in music. I'm sure some of the stuff you listen to would put many people here to sleep. That doesn't make it bad.

Iceman 04-02-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1118897)
Uhm...No. I'd say Van Halen are more popular than Def Leppard are over here but only by a small margin. Def Leppard aren't "pretty big" over here. They're pretty much non-existant apart from a few countries here and there.

Umm... You're very much wrong here. If Van Halen were to tour in Europe, they couldn't even sell out the places Def Leppars are playing and those are not big places. Van Halen is virtually unknown apart from Jump. Def Leppard might not be big in Holland, but they're well known in Germany, Spain, the UK (obviously) and the Scandinavian countries.

There's a reason Van Halen don't come to Europe at all. Here they're the opening act while the Leps headline.

Ice

Supersonic 04-02-2013 07:33 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1118898)
Do you live in Japan and Australia?

I've never understood why a lot of bands are popular. People have different tastes in music. I'm sure some of the stuff you listen to would put many people here to sleep. That doesn't make it bad.

What's Japan and Australia got to do with this?

But thanks for this very insightful and deep explanation as to how people have different tastes in music. Because I'm giving my opinion on the music and yet you're acting like I'm actually offending you because I'm saying I don't like it and I don't see what people see in this band. That's my opinion, no need to get so worked up about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1118899)
Umm... You're very much wrong here. If Van Halen were to tour in Europe, they couldn't even sell out the places Def Leppars are playing and those are not big places. Van Halen is virtually unknown apart from Jump. Def Leppard might not be big in Holland, but they're well known in Germany, Spain, the UK (obviously) and the Scandinavian countries.

There's a reason Van Halen don't come to Europe at all. Here they're the opening act while the Leps headline.

Ice

Actually, Van Halen won't come to Europe because they're asking too much, their fee is too high. I know there's quite a difference from their popularity in Holland compared to the rest of Europe but still, Van Halen was asked about a lot when they made their comeback a few years ago and were offered an arena tour with full blown promotion and yet they refused to make it over the pond simply because they were expecting to get the same per venue as they do in America.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rokenrola 04-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1118849)
To take it a step further, listen to how both bands sound recently playing their biggest hits:

Bon Jovi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqc9GLLbUHc

Def Leppard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kVYAkK0bkY

Def Leppard still really rocks and Joe can still hit the high notes. Jon doesn't even attempt to sing them.

if you are saying,by watching this,that leppard are better live than jovi,then you can't hear or don't want to,they can't hold a candle to jovi in anything.prayer is much harder to sing then leppard's song.there are few bands that are in same league with jovi live:iron maiden,metallica,rammstein and when I say live I mean by pure music,not big stage,special effects and so on.

Iceman 04-02-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1118900)
Actually, Van Halen won't come to Europe because they're asking too much, their fee is too high. I know there's quite a difference from their popularity in Holland compared to the rest of Europe but still, Van Halen was asked about a lot when they made their comeback a few years ago and were offered an arena tour with full blown promotion and yet they refused to make it over the pond simply because they were expecting to get the same per venue as they do in America.

That's basically just what I was saying. They're asking for too much money, and no promoter will pay that, because Van Halen will not sell tickets here. They're just not that popular.

Ice

danfan 04-02-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1118900)
Aloha !

What's Japan and Australia got to do with this?

But thanks for this very insightful and deep explanation as to how people have different tastes in music. Because I'm giving my opinion on the music and yet you're acting like I'm actually offending you because I'm saying I don't like it and I don't see what people see in this band. That's my opinion, no need to get so worked up about it.

They're big in Japan and Australia. When someone says "overseas", they're not specifically referring to Holland.

You really interpret things on message boards poorly, which surprises me as I have the feeling you are a member of many. I'm not getting worked up at all (and never do).