Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Def Leppard vs Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53684)

samboraisgodUK 12-13-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1077670)
Def Leppard didn't have a member called Desmond Child, that's why they failed.

By what measure have Def Leppard failed? And I don't think you can solely attribute Bon Jovi's success and longevity to Desmond Child.

Rdkopper 12-13-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1077672)
By what measure have Def Leppard failed? And I don't think you can solely attribute Bon Jovi's success and longevity to Desmond Child.

I totally agree. Desmond's song writing is outdated and hasn't done anything for this band in 15 years. A modest hit with MAM but that’s it.

Javier 12-13-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1077670)
Def Leppard didn't have a member called Desmond Child, that's why they failed.

Nope, they had a member called Mutt Lange.....

Living_on_my_Hair 12-13-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1077676)
Nope, they had a member called Mutt Lange.....

Indeed, Mutt Lange sh1ts over Desmond Child, bar one or two exceptions of course...

Back in Black, Highway to Hell, Bryan Adams best work, Hysteria and even Nickelback..

oOo..but then again Des has some good stuff with Aerosmith, Kiss, Alice Cooper and The Loaf...

My brain hurts.

andi

Captain_jovi 12-13-2011 04:28 PM

I never can tell if Sexx is a gimmick account or not.

samboraisgodUK 12-13-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1077679)

His facebook account is utterly ridiculous, so maybe.

Living_on_my_Hair 12-13-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1077681)
His facebook account is utterly ridiculous, so maybe.

Haha just clicked on it, what in the name of...?! those profile pics are utterly hilarious and I will never take any of his/hers/its posts here seriously again, but its ok as he/she has 4960 facebook 'friends' so will fine.

No offence intended, its just funny as funk.

andi

danfan 12-13-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1077679)

Has to be. No one can possibly be as ignorant about music as he is.

SexxAtraxxion 12-13-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1077678)
Indeed, Mutt Lange sh1ts over Desmond Child, bar one or two exceptions of course...

Back in Black, Highway to Hell, Bryan Adams best work, Hysteria and even Nickelback..

oOo..but then again Des has some good stuff with Aerosmith, Kiss, Alice Cooper and The Loaf...

My brain hurts.

andi

Mutt is a decent producer but I don't like most of the generic songs he wrote.

Hysteria and Adrenalize didn't stand the test of time, unlike the songs Child wrote for Bon Jovi.

You won't win fans with songs like "Let's get Rocked". Seriously, a 30+ years old dude singing about not wanting to take out the trash? :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1077684)
Haha just clicked on it, what in the name of...?! those profile pics are utterly hilarious and I will never take any of his/hers/its posts here seriously again, but its ok as he/she has 4960 facebook 'friends' so will fine.

No offence intended, its just funny as funk.

andi

Even more hilarious is that one of your favorite bands is considered as one the most androgynous :lol: :lol:

samboraisgodUK 12-13-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1077686)
Mutt is a decent producer but I don't like most of the generic songs he wrote.

Hysteria and Adrenalize didn't stand the test of time, unlike the songs Child wrote for Bon Jovi.

You won't win fans with songs like "Let's get Rocked". Seriously, a 30+ years old dude singing about not wanting to take out the trash :lol:

But you will win friends with songs like "Hysteria", "Animal", "Armageddon It", "Love Bites", "Pour Some Sugar on Me", "Photograph", "Stand Up", "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad" - need I continue?

oh and Hysteria did stand the test of time.

and your point does not make sense when comparing Def Leppard to Jovi, a 50 year old guy singing WGIGO and This Is Our House? Yeah okay mate...