Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unbreakable (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38974)

kiddSambo 03-01-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 727013)
just listened to larger than life on you tube(and it was kinda torturous to do so), this song in no way is driven by a heavy rock guitar riff. A guitar sound of any kind is pretty much absent from the song completley. It's my Life and Unbreakable are def rock songs, Larger than life is not; unless ofcourse you're talking about the Jaded Heart version. please don't compare Bon Jovi to the backstreet boys; it's insulting to me as a fan of the greatest band of all time. thank you

For the recored Unbreakable was written by JBJ/RS/DB

Please @ least get your facts straight and know what a guitar sounds like before you post. thanks again

Who the hell cares if it's guitar driven or not, they all sound very much alike.

And for the record, It's My Life & Larger Than Life were written with Max Martin - read posts properly before replying.

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddSambo (Post 727014)
Who the hell cares if it's guitar driven or not, they all sound very much alike.

I do. that's why I love Unbreakable so much. It's more AC/DC than Backstreet boys. they sound nothing alike to my ears .
Larger than life = torturous
Unbreakable = one of the best rocks songs of all time

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddSambo (Post 727014)
And for the record, It's My Life & Larger Than Life were written with Max Martin - read posts properly before replying.

I never said Max Martin wasn't credited with a co-write on It's my life, although he had very little to do with the song. he showed them a drum loop so they gave him a cowrite.

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 727009)
I was hoping someone would say something like this. Listen to Larger than Life and then listen to Unbreakable. Hell, even listen to It's my life after Larger than life. You can almost sing one over the other. Same damn co-writer

on this post it seemed to me like he was lumping all 3 songs together. I apologize.

Captain_jovi 03-01-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 727016)
I never said Max Martin wasn't credited with a co-write on It's my life, although he had very little to do with the song. he showed them a drum loop so they gave him a cowrite.

Were you there when he wrote the song with them? Seriously, sing the verses of IML over Larger than life and vice versa. See how easy it is.

Captain_jovi 03-01-2007 01:10 PM

For the record, I've been playing guitar for nearly 10 years now and don't really appreciate being talked down to as if I was some new fan who didn't know his shit. I'm not even being condescending when I compare them to bsb, there are just certain songs where the progressions are similliar. Unbreakable is just total cheese, the rhyming is awful, the rapping is embarassing but the music is awesome. The deny-ee-ey-ee-ey-ee-ey is totally from LAL btw.

Javier 03-02-2007 03:12 AM

the irony of who is really ****ed in the head is very funny in this thread.

TheseDays2005 03-02-2007 02:06 PM

I'm suprised Unbreakable was even released as b-side. Isn't that horrifying enough for you?

jbjrsdc 03-02-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 727049)
Seriously, sing the verses of IML over Larger than life and vice versa. See how easy it is.

no thanks. The 2 minutes I was tortured for already, based on your false recomendation was quite enough. But you continue to have fun doing that.

jbjrsdc 03-02-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 727054)
For the record, I've been playing guitar for nearly 10 years now

I find that hard to believe based on your previous recomendation. But hey you go and play the guitar parts for larger than life (if you can find them) on your guitar; and I'll go play Unbreakable on mine. That way we'll both be happy. koolz