Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unbreakable (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38974)

jbjrsdc 02-28-2007 03:45 AM

Unbreakable

can anybody understand how this song was left off Have A Nice Day?

Captain_jovi 02-28-2007 03:55 AM

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...ad.php?t=38973

My responce in this thread (Also made today) sums up how I feel.

bjcrazycpa 02-28-2007 03:56 AM

Well according to Jon he thought it was too crafted and couldn't see himself singing it with conviction on a regular basis. I personally think it's just an "okay" song. I don't like all the synth elements.

I don't see it fitting on HAND.

deb

livinginsin 02-28-2007 04:22 AM

Because it's faintly embarassing.

Javier 02-28-2007 05:10 AM

Because it sucks so bad it's ridiculous.

jbjrsdc 02-28-2007 08:14 AM

r u guyz fcuked in the head? you better take another listen

1. Unbreakable
2. Bells of Freedom
3. welcome to wherever you are

kiddSambo 02-28-2007 08:20 AM

Should have replaced Complicated, atleast.

jossel1968 02-28-2007 08:49 AM

It wasn't left off the UK release....thank God, cos I'd much rather that on my copy than the grating voice of Jennifer Nettles!!! lol

Peterson 02-28-2007 11:13 AM

I like unbreakable, glad it was on the uk version of the album.

SuperCoolAl 02-28-2007 04:03 PM

Don't we in the UK feel all smug :D

DevilsSon 02-28-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 726773)
r u guyz fcuked in the head? you better take another listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGGhJsdikw

1. Unbreakable
2. Bells of Freedom
3. welcome to wherever you are

It's a crappy Backstreet Boys song. The lyrics are just embarrassing. And before calling other people ****ed in the head, better look at what you've been posting the last few days...

Kathleen 02-28-2007 11:38 PM

It got left off because it's pretty bad - I happen to agree with their decision. That said - I bought the Japanese album that had the three extra tracks because up until then I had only heard snippets of the songs and I like to hear the whole thing. Once I did though - I decided that whoever made the decision to dump those songs made the right decision.

And there aren't too many of us here that are ****ed in the head either :rolleyes:

Kathleen

Snow ((Hey Oh)) 03-01-2007 01:31 AM

Unbreakable is a FANTASTIC song! It's different than a hell of lot of the stuff Bon Jovi has done in the past (music wise...lyrics wise, not so much) I'd rather them release that song than "Have a Nice Day."

The Northern Cowboy 03-01-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow ((Hey Oh)) (Post 726972)
Unbreakable is a FANTASTIC song! It's different than a hell of lot of the stuff Bon Jovi has done in the past (music wise...lyrics wise, not so much) I'd rather them release that song than "Have a Nice Day."

While I agree that it's a great song, I don't think it overpowers Have A Nice Day, atleast in my opinion.

yomamasofat 03-01-2007 01:47 AM

This song is actually a good song. Should've made it into the album over those sucky songs like Wildflower, Welcome To Wherever You Are, Bells Of Freedom, I Want To Be Loved, and Complicated.

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 726862)
It's a crappy Backstreet Boys song.

can you please name the backstreet boyz song that is driven by a heavy rock gutiar riff? thanks.

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 726944)
It got left off because it's pretty bad - I happen to agree with their decision. That said - I bought the Japanese album that had the three extra tracks because up until then I had only heard snippets of the songs and I like to hear the whole thing. Once I did though - I decided that whoever made the decision to dump those songs made the right decision.

And there aren't too many of us here that are ****ed in the head either :rolleyes:

Kathleen

3 quality bonus tracks on the japan disc, yeah baby!

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow ((Hey Oh)) (Post 726972)

You are very wise, yes indeed.

Captain_jovi 03-01-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 727005)
can you please name the backstreet boyz song that is driven by a heavy rock gutiar riff? thanks.

I was hoping someone would say something like this. Listen to Larger than Life and then listen to Unbreakable. Hell, even listen to It's my life after Larger than life. You can almost sing one over the other. Same damn co-writer

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:31 AM

just listened to larger than life on you tube(and it was kinda torturous to do so), this song in no way is driven by a heavy rock guitar riff. A guitar sound of any kind is pretty much absent from the song completley. It's my Life and Unbreakable are def rock songs, Larger than life is not; unless ofcourse you're talking about the Jaded Heart version. please don't compare Bon Jovi to the backstreet boys; it's insulting to me as a fan of the greatest band of all time. thank you

For the recored Unbreakable was written by JBJ/RS/DB

Please @ least get your facts straight and know what a guitar sounds like before you post. thanks again

kiddSambo 03-01-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 727013)
just listened to larger than life on you tube(and it was kinda torturous to do so), this song in no way is driven by a heavy rock guitar riff. A guitar sound of any kind is pretty much absent from the song completley. It's my Life and Unbreakable are def rock songs, Larger than life is not; unless ofcourse you're talking about the Jaded Heart version. please don't compare Bon Jovi to the backstreet boys; it's insulting to me as a fan of the greatest band of all time. thank you

For the recored Unbreakable was written by JBJ/RS/DB

Please @ least get your facts straight and know what a guitar sounds like before you post. thanks again

Who the hell cares if it's guitar driven or not, they all sound very much alike.

And for the record, It's My Life & Larger Than Life were written with Max Martin - read posts properly before replying.

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddSambo (Post 727014)
Who the hell cares if it's guitar driven or not, they all sound very much alike.

I do. that's why I love Unbreakable so much. It's more AC/DC than Backstreet boys. they sound nothing alike to my ears .
Larger than life = torturous
Unbreakable = one of the best rocks songs of all time

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddSambo (Post 727014)
And for the record, It's My Life & Larger Than Life were written with Max Martin - read posts properly before replying.

I never said Max Martin wasn't credited with a co-write on It's my life, although he had very little to do with the song. he showed them a drum loop so they gave him a cowrite.

jbjrsdc 03-01-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 727009)
I was hoping someone would say something like this. Listen to Larger than Life and then listen to Unbreakable. Hell, even listen to It's my life after Larger than life. You can almost sing one over the other. Same damn co-writer

on this post it seemed to me like he was lumping all 3 songs together. I apologize.

Captain_jovi 03-01-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 727016)
I never said Max Martin wasn't credited with a co-write on It's my life, although he had very little to do with the song. he showed them a drum loop so they gave him a cowrite.

Were you there when he wrote the song with them? Seriously, sing the verses of IML over Larger than life and vice versa. See how easy it is.

Captain_jovi 03-01-2007 01:10 PM

For the record, I've been playing guitar for nearly 10 years now and don't really appreciate being talked down to as if I was some new fan who didn't know his shit. I'm not even being condescending when I compare them to bsb, there are just certain songs where the progressions are similliar. Unbreakable is just total cheese, the rhyming is awful, the rapping is embarassing but the music is awesome. The deny-ee-ey-ee-ey-ee-ey is totally from LAL btw.

Javier 03-02-2007 03:12 AM

the irony of who is really ****ed in the head is very funny in this thread.

TheseDays2005 03-02-2007 02:06 PM

I'm suprised Unbreakable was even released as b-side. Isn't that horrifying enough for you?

jbjrsdc 03-02-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 727049)
Seriously, sing the verses of IML over Larger than life and vice versa. See how easy it is.

no thanks. The 2 minutes I was tortured for already, based on your false recomendation was quite enough. But you continue to have fun doing that.

jbjrsdc 03-02-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 727054)
For the record, I've been playing guitar for nearly 10 years now

I find that hard to believe based on your previous recomendation. But hey you go and play the guitar parts for larger than life (if you can find them) on your guitar; and I'll go play Unbreakable on mine. That way we'll both be happy. koolz