Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official Dublin Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34005)

Jonny Sambora 09-28-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishshin
:D

Pre-sale for Dublin starts tomorrow at 9am!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/944745

Prices from €61.50 - €76.50

People are reporting seeing gold circle sections and prices up at €111 but I cant see any of that...and also they are seeing some kind of password thingy...cant see that either.

Yeah, u could see it earlier, they were originally priced at 111quid, but then came down to 76.50. Someone on backstage foned TM and they said u needed to be in their "priority Club" (which costs 20quid) in order to avail of passwords and stuff, hope thats not true! I would like to think that Fanclub members got the chance first! Thats the only reason i'm in it!

Keeper 09-28-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Prices from €61.50 - €76.50

Oh, that's not so cheap. I'm not going to Dublin but I was expecting the prices outside England to be cheaper. Hope they won't come to Spain if they're going to charge that :S

Kev 09-28-2005 06:17 PM

That works out as £52. Not TOOOO bad I guess.... :rolleyes:

Keeper 09-28-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
That works out as £52. Not TOOOO bad I guess.... :rolleyes:

Because the pound is too high and everything in your little island is too expensive (except for books :D) it doesn't see too pricey to you :p

Kev 09-28-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeper
Because the pound is too high and everything in your little island is too expensive (except for books :D) it doesn't see too pricey to you :p

Hehe, I do see your point. I dont want to pay it, but I may be forced to If i cant get tickets for any other UK shows. Most BIG bands over here charge £27-35 for their concerts. Bands like Bon jovi earn enough money, without having to charge their fans double the amount than other artists.

Irishshin 09-28-2005 06:40 PM

Im not really too surprised at the ticket prices...last time they were €59 (I think) so I guess they could be higher.

Wonder which price the GA are though :D

Keeper 09-28-2005 06:47 PM

Quote:

Im not really too surprised at the ticket prices...last time they were €59 (I think) so I guess they could be higher.

Oh I see! Last tour the most expensice tickets were at 40€ so there's the difference :) Although you got the whole thing, stage and all :rolleyes:

Mrspud 09-28-2005 07:06 PM

cant complain about ticket prices, after all "Sir Elton John" charged e100, as did Pavorotti.
And Trust me, after seeing U2 in Croker this is gonna be ****in spectacular!
May 20th is very early though, i hope the weather holds up.....
it can be pretty funny here! lol

sstefazy 09-28-2005 07:10 PM

Woohoo, seen U2 there in june, was class! Will be on at 9 tomoz gettin myself 2 tix me thinks! Is that FA cup final day? Its also at the time of my finals, but its a saturday!!!!

Kev 09-28-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstefazy
Woohoo, seen U2 there in june, was class! Will be on at 9 tomoz gettin myself 2 tix me thinks! Is that FA cup final day? Its also at the time of my finals, but its a saturday!!!!

No, the FA Cup Final, is the previous week. taken from bbc.co.uk...

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has won his battle to secure a four-week break before the 2006 World Cup finals.

The 2006 FA Cup final - the first game at the new Wembley - has been brought forward a week to Saturday 13 May, and the Premiership will end a week early.

Sides in the Uefa Cup will not play replays in the fifth or sixth round of the FA Cup while Champions League teams will not have sixth-round replays.

Any ties affected will go to extra-time and penalties if necessary.

The arrangement will only be in effect next season.

In a statement, the Football Association said: "This was deemed to be the only available solution to a very complex issue.

"We believe it is crucial to allow the national team to be given equal preparation time to every other team competing in Germany next summer.

Irishshin 09-28-2005 07:18 PM

Forgot bout the weather! :D

Oh well, we'll be at Jovi show in Croker who cares bout the weather :D

moon_flower 09-28-2005 08:41 PM

where did you get the password?? did it come with the album in ireland??

Irishshin 09-28-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon_flower
where did you get the password?? did it come with the album in ireland??

There is no password. The code they are on about is some priority code from ticketmaster.
We got the same album as they did in the UK

moon_flower 09-28-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

There is no password. The code they are on about is some priority code from ticketmaster.
We got the same album as they did in the UK

is that the £20 a year thing?? do you need to have to live in ireland?? thank you for your help!

Irishshin 09-28-2005 11:27 PM

I really dont know much about it, but yeah I heard it was €20 a year thing. Dont know what you get from it, but seems someone rang ticketmaster and thats what they were told. When your on ticketmaster.ie and try to buy tickets for any other band there is no place to enter a code or password or anything. Also you also have options to buy tickets even if you are over seas....although these tickets I checked (backstreet boys, foo fighters) weren't pre-sale so tomorrow might be different.

Maybe ticketmaster were getting the site ready and things appeared or maybe you will need a password...I dont know. I do know that nobody seems to have a password or a code to buy tickets and there was nothing in with the album saying you needed one. There is nothing on bonjovi.com and nothing on backstage about it.

jovilaura_fi 09-29-2005 10:12 AM

Dublin password????/

????? what's this?

Irishshin 09-29-2005 10:26 AM

No-one knows so nobody has tickets! :D

Waiting till 9.30 to call them.

*-- Vallie --* 09-29-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

No-one knows so nobody has tickets! :D

Waiting till 9.30 to call them.

Doesnt work :(

torby 09-29-2005 10:41 AM

I must have registered on every site I can find....but didn't get a password.....wots the bet the ticketmaster site will crash shortly.....LOL

Irishshin 09-29-2005 10:41 AM

No, it just rings out.

I can't beleive this is happening!

torby 09-29-2005 10:45 AM

This is mental....I got the link for presales and Golden circle from ticketline in the UK.....my son and daughter (in their teens) have been waiting literally all their life to see BJ....heck...I was even planning to fly to Manchester....book into a hotel....then fly home to Norn Iron to get the chance to see them but then they announced Croke....(Yeah U2 !!!)....but now I can't get on ticketmaster.....DOH!!!

foxmulder46 09-29-2005 10:46 AM

I rang ticketmaster and they said than anyone in the fanclub would have been emailed a password to access the presale. Are they talking about bonjovi.com, cuz i didnt get any password from them....or are they taking about backstagejbj.com which hasnt been updated in months!!!!

anyone got any ideas how we can help each other here??

Irishshin 09-29-2005 10:48 AM

The Fanclub got NOTHING

Backstage is updated everyday...well people are posting :D

It does look like the Fc have messed up....there has been NO info from them about any European shows. The Dublin concert wasnt even anounced on bj.com.

There are some verrrryyy angry people around.

moon_flower 09-29-2005 10:48 AM

looks like were all in the same boat :(

*-- Vallie --* 09-29-2005 10:49 AM

This could make sence but I have not got any email from Backstage about that and I don't think anyone did???

Have you told them that didn"t work out? That nobody actually got this email?? They should know!

foxmulder46 09-29-2005 10:51 AM

Surely that means if no one here has a password then no tickets are gonna be sold in pre-sale?? Does that not mean one almighty scramble for tickets on the 7th OCtober....when the phone lines and everything will be open....this is a mess....All of a sudden the American XL thing where u paid a tenner and got access to tickets a week before seems like a good idea...

Kev 09-29-2005 10:54 AM

I should of known TM would screw up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :mad: LOL

I feel really sorry for those trying for tickets :(

torby 09-29-2005 10:55 AM

This is turning into a bit of a fiasco......I'm not "Having a nice day".... :(

Irishshin 09-29-2005 10:55 AM

Looks like TM havent screwed up at all.

FanClub has.

I found out over on backstage from people who have rang TM that the password has NOTHING to do with TM and its from the Band. FC were supposed to have given us passwords.

*-- Vallie --* 09-29-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxmulder46
Surely that means if no one here has a password then no tickets are gonna be sold in pre-sale?? Does that not mean one almighty scramble for tickets on the 7th OCtober....when the phone lines and everything will be open....this is a mess....All of a sudden the American XL thing where u paid a tenner and got access to tickets a week before seems like a good idea...

Yes, but my friend has called - They say there are actually tickets that were sold already today - So I really don't understand ...
Seems like the wrong people got the right information cause tickets are getting on ebay already :(:(

foxmulder46 09-29-2005 10:56 AM

so what do we reckon is gonna happen....this is so badly organised its unreal...

foxmulder46 09-29-2005 11:00 AM

anybody know anyone who has a password?!?!?!?!? AAAARRGHHHH i'm tearing my hair out here......i wonder if its a universal password we can all use or if theyr individual

torby 09-29-2005 11:00 AM

Surely Ticketmaster should make them general release then if there has been a "screwup"....saw them on Ebay already....even before 9.00 am....someone must have inside knowledge...he's selling 36 standing tickets....now how does that work if you can only buy 6 at a time?.....insider trading ;) .... this is a stitch up!

Irishshin 09-29-2005 11:07 AM

Ok rang ticketmaster. The dude told me it is a fan club thing. The fan club were supposed to have given us a password.
I asked him where there tickets still left. He said there was. If I was a member of the fan club then there was a ticket there for me. So there are tickets actually being sold without a password...guess your lucky if you know someone working at TM
So backstage have totally and utterly screwed up.

Kev 09-29-2005 11:07 AM

hey, on ebay you can pay some bastard £3.50, for the password! You get free postage though :rolleyes: :mad:

sstefazy 09-29-2005 11:08 AM

I don't know how accurate this is, but i phoned ticketmster there, they told me that the gold tickets were sold out, i think she ment the uk gigs though! she did however say that the priority ticketmaster holders would be able to buy from tomorow........ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , wonder what that password is!

foxmulder46 09-29-2005 11:13 AM

people on the BJ.com message board have it and have bought tickets it seems.they arent posting it though on the board for fear of touts, some people have been emailed it by other people and got their tckets so we may yet be in luck, i asked someone/anyone to email me the password, if and when i get it i'll post to say i ahve it and will email it to who wants it. if anyone else gets it can they do the same???

sstefazy 09-29-2005 11:14 AM

if and when u get it, add me to that list, i have to buy a 2 tix for me and my sis, plus 2 for friends, at mo not looking good! stefken147@hotmail.com, thx, much appreciated!

torby 09-29-2005 11:16 AM

I'm even tempted for the sake of £3.50 to get it off ebay....but its against the grain (Rory Gallagher influence.... :) )to pay touts and the like....but.... mmmm

foxmulder46 09-29-2005 11:17 AM

I will if i get it no probs but have to be in work in 45 mins...time is running out big time!!!!!!!! anyone who gets it before me please email it! foxmulder46@hotmail.com

This is ridiculous that we have to resort to this while some touts have their hands on about 50 tickets