Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Jon had vocal cord surgery recently? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70948)

jon-flp 08-09-2022 07:24 PM

Has Jon had vocal cord surgery recently?

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

Saw a tweet from BonJovi Talk about this today and searched for a recently photo from Jon...and it really looks like he has a scar in the neck. Could it be other type of surgery or it's a vocal cord one? What can we expect?

blazeofglory 08-09-2022 08:46 PM

I'd say from looking at a scar alone it's pretty much impossible to tell whether it's from vocal cord surgery or something else. I guess unless he (or someone close to him) comes out and says something about it or we hear him sing and there's a clear noticeable difference we won't be able to know.

Butters 08-09-2022 09:37 PM

Looks like he's had his teeth done again though. Where are my sunglasses?

Captain_jovi 08-10-2022 05:44 AM

If you're looking for legit, confirmed yesses and no's, you won't find them here. No one has said anything from Jon's camp so it's all wild guesses and hopes. Could be a bunch of different things.

jon-flp 08-10-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282353)
If you're looking for legit, confirmed yesses and no's, you won't find them here. No one has said anything from Jon's camp so it's all wild guesses and hopes. Could be a bunch of different things.

No, not looking for a medical answer haha. Just wondering what are people opinion about this and, and considering hypothetically that it really is a vocal cord surgery,, what we can expect from this.

Do we know an artist that made the surgery and improved the vocal situation?

bonjovi90 08-10-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1282355)
No, not looking for a medical answer haha. Just wondering what are people opinion about this and, and considering hypothetically that it really is a vocal cord surgery,, what we can expect from this.

Klaus Meine but he was way younger than Jon we had the operation.

jovifan85 08-10-2022 04:59 PM

If JBJ has had some sort of vocal surgery, than it suggests he plans to still sing for a few more years yet.

I think the evidence will be in live singing! Also, he's not going to sing high pitch (if he can on) all through an album and all through a performance(s). He's older and wiser, let's hope he's finally stopped smoking. I guess, he has if indeed he has had voice surgery of some kind.

I hope fans temper there expectations on what a new album(s) will now sound? Maybe a bit more rockish songs, but with not a change in style. JBJ, has said don't expect another SWW type songs, voice surgery or not.

jovifan85 08-10-2022 05:02 PM

Personally I still love 2020, something alone these lines, except American Reckoning, Unbroken....who knows maybe with voice surgery he can go more rockier like "Hey God"?

bonjovi90 08-10-2022 09:24 PM

My mum's a surgery nurse and she immediately said that it's the typical scar of a surgery on the cervical spine. She showed the pictures to two doctors whom she works with in that field and both instantly had the same assumption.

They all agreed that external vocal surgery with these kind of scars isn't done anymore these days and that it'd most likely be in a different position anyways.

Xavi 08-11-2022 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1282355)

Steven Tyler,Chris Cornell