Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #04 - Spectrum Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, April 8th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70896)

trevrox 04-09-2022 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1278760)
It's saying page doesn't exist. Attach a screen shot image

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

He deleted it

superkid 04-09-2022 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1278763)
Exactly this. There’s nothing left for the die hards. The casuals still have a good time (his vocals are drained in the arena’s acoustics, they get the hits they went for…). But everything that used to make for a great show for the die hards (setlists, performances, improvisations, and son on are completely gone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sort of disagree, I think this show would be less enjoyable for casual fans since it's so heavy on the new material that they wouldn't know, plus Radio and Just Older. I thought the 2018 tour's setlist was more geared towards casual fans than this one, 5 songs from Slippery and NJ combined is a relatively small number.

Overall I think that Richie leaving had a bigger negative impact on the concert going experience for me than Jon's vocals declining. As you mentioned the vocals kind of get drowned out while you are there and you don't focus on them like you do when watching a youtube video. But with Richie being gone you lose his voice, stage presence, superior talk box skills, and the chemistry they had. And if he was still in the band he'd probably be singing multiple songs a night at this point and it would be the highlight. :(

In terms of tonight's setlist I'm glad to see them drop In These Arms and I'll Be There for You, those are way too hard for him to sing at this stage. ITA only makes sense if David sings.

@Zacm95 You had to know Who Says was coming lol. That song is never getting dropped.

bounce442 04-09-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1278765)
I sort of disagree, I think this show would be less enjoyable for casual fans since it's so heavy on the new material that they wouldn't know, plus Radio and Just Older. I thought the 2018 tour's setlist was more geared towards casual fans than this one, 5 songs from Slippery and NJ combined is a relatively small number.

Overall I think that Richie leaving had a bigger negative impact on the concert going experience for me than Jon's vocals declining. As you mentioned the vocals kind of get drowned out while you are there and you don't focus on them like you do when watching a youtube video. But with Richie being gone you lose his voice, stage presence, superior talk box skills, and the chemistry they had. And if he was still in the band he'd probably be singing multiple songs a night at this point and it would be the highlight. :(

In terms of tonight's setlist I'm glad to see them drop In These Arms and I'll Be There for You, those are way too hard for him to sing at this stage. ITA only makes sense if David sings.

@Zacm95 You had to know Who Says was coming lol. That song is never getting dropped.

I agree with this. If I was a casual, I'd be super disappointed. The vocals are dreadful and there aren't many songs I would know... and hearing them in this condition wouldn't inspire me to go look them up. Beautiful drug and LTOR, maybe.
I wouldn't say Richie's absence is more noticeable than Jon's voice but I would say it's roughly 50/50. Phil X is working his butt off (and Shanks surprised me a couple times) and Phil is a lot of fun to watch, but he isn't Richie.
I am disappointed the set list is moving in the wrong direction. Sleep is back, again. Next we'll get We Got it Going On and Whole Lot of Leaving.

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 08:54 AM

4 shows in….where are these songs that are way back in their discography?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 04-09-2022 09:05 AM

Damn, they didn't play In & Out Of Love. Well, don't worry, I'm sure they'll play it at the next show.
:usa

hackster73 04-09-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278767)

Indeed.. loves the only rule already dropped. No deep cuts as indicated in rehearsals... just older and radio are songs that have been played a fair bit in previous tours, nice to have them but they aren't deep cuts.

Xavi 04-09-2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278767)

Tour by tour they do the same,and those songs never get played.
I dont know why people believe this time would be diferent.

Zacm95 04-09-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1278770)
Indeed.. loves the only rule already dropped. No deep cuts as indicated in rehearsals... just older and radio are songs that have been played a fair bit in previous tours, nice to have them but they aren't deep cuts.

Can’t speak for the whole country or fandom but when is the last time any of those songs were included in a setlist in the US specifically the southeast US? Loves the only rule 2010? The others 2005 ish? We get the basic US tour setlist every time around here. This was my 15th show and the first I have heard Radio or Just Older (aside from the bounce tour when I was 7.. Very little recollection of that show at boardwalk hall sadly). Circle tour on I’ve gotten pretty standard sets. It was nice to hear them both in Charlotte tonight. For those who care, I’ll post more of a review when I get some sleep. But I had a fantastic time at this show.

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 11:54 AM

https://twitter.com/jane_jbj/status/...Wz94AyDOQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 04-09-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacm95 (Post 1278772)
Can’t speak for the whole country or fandom but when is the last time any of those songs were included in a setlist in the US specifically the southeast US? Loves the only rule 2010? The others 2005 ish? We get the basic US tour setlist every time around here. This was my 15th show and the first I have heard Radio or Just Older (aside from the bounce tour when I was 7.. Very little recollection of that show at boardwalk hall sadly). Circle tour on I’ve gotten pretty standard sets. It was nice to hear them both in Charlotte tonight. For those who care, I’ll post more of a review when I get some sleep. But I had a fantastic time at this show.

Yeah Man. Keep posting your reviews.

How was the energy of the place? How was Jon's overall energy? How did the new songs go over? Were people complaining about Jon's voice?

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk