Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Michael Jackson - Bad In Japan DVD 11/07 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=42040)

Dave 1986 08-08-2007 02:10 PM

Michael Jackson - Bad In Japan DVD 11/07

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4...n/Product.html

Release date: 19/11/2007

In 1987, after the release of his milestone albums Thriller and Bad, Michael Jackson went on his first world tour as a solo performer. His Bad World Tour set new standards for the tour business: supported by a bombastic live show, Jackson played 123 concerts attended by a total of 4.4 million fans., inaugurated in September 1987 with fourteen sold-out shows at the Korakuen Stadium in Yokohama, Japan.

Tracklist:
1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2. Things I Do For You
3. Off The Wall
4. Human Nature
5. Heartbreak Hotel
6. She's Out Of My Life
7. I Want You Back
8. The Love You Save
9. I'll Be There
10. Rock With You
11. Lovely One
12. Working Day And Night
13. Beat It
14. Billie Jean
15. Shake Your Body
16. Thriller
17. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
18. Bad

If this is true, this has been a long time coming! :cool:

crashed 08-08-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 767653)

In 1987, after the release of his milestone albums Thriller and Bad, Michael Jackson went on his first world tour as a solo performer. His Bad World Tour set new standards for the tour business: supported by a bombastic live show, Jackson played 123 concerts attended by a total of 4.4 million fans., inaugurated in September 1987 with fourteen sold-out shows at the Korakuen Stadium in Yokohama, Japan.

Tracklist:
2. Things I Do For You
3. Off The Wall
4. Human Nature
5. Heartbreak Hotel
6. She's Out Of My Life
7. I Want You Back
8. The Love You Save
9. I'll Be There
10. Rock With You
11. Lovely One
13. Beat It
14. Billie Jean
15. Shake Your Body
16. Thriller
18. Bad

Well, he needs to make as much $$$$ as he can these days, doesn't he?

yomamasofat 08-09-2007 05:21 AM

Where is Smooth Criminal?

mo_rizwan 08-21-2007 02:19 PM

Fans on the forums still believe that this is a bootleg. Here's a pic of the (supposed) DVD Cover that was on Ebay a few weeks ago:

One other thing I'd like to point out is that Korakuen Stadium is in Tokyo, not Yokohama :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 767752)

Smooth Criminal was performed during the second-leg of the Bad Tour ( 1988 ). Fans have been petitioning for Bad Tour - Wembley Stadium 1988 to be released on DVD for the past 2 years, but it looks like no progress has been made since.

Kev 08-21-2007 09:39 PM

Does anyone think MJ will ever tour again? I'm gutted I missed the Aintree, Liverpool show back in the 80's. I'll have to take a look at this new dvd though :D

Dave 1986 08-22-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 769371)
Fans on the forums still believe that this is a bootleg. Here's a pic of the (supposed) DVD Cover that was on Ebay a few weeks ago:

One other thing I'd like to point out is that Korakuen Stadium is in Tokyo, not Yokohama :)

Smooth Criminal was performed during the second-leg of the Bad Tour ( 1988 ). Fans have been petitioning for Bad Tour - Wembley Stadium 1988 to be released on DVD for the past 2 years, but it looks like no progress has been made since.

There have been many bootlegs of this concert from what I understand, but I guess by popular demand, this is a fully polished up, produced DVD. We'll have to wait and see. MJ needs to get some live DVD's out there.

TheseDays2005 08-22-2007 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 767653)

Tracklist:
2. Things I Do For You
3. Off The Wall
4. Human Nature
5. Heartbreak Hotel
6. She's Out Of My Life
7. I Want You Back
8. The Love You Save
9. I'll Be There
10. Rock With You
11. Lovely One
13. Beat It
14. Billie Jean
15. Shake Your Body
16. Thriller
18. Bad

cool, I was longing for a good official DVD from MJ (Bucharest 92 sucks), Bad or Dangerous Tour (pref Bad) but rather later in the tour (Wembley??), this setlist is missing more then smooth-crimininal. Dirty Diana to start with

mo_rizwan 08-22-2007 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 769449)
Does anyone think MJ will ever tour again? I'm gutted I missed the Aintree, Liverpool show back in the 80's. I'll have to take a look at this new dvd though :D

I doubt MJ will ever tour again. And even if he does, it won't be as good as his previous tours. The 2001 shows at Madison Square Gardens were abysmal :( (hate to admit it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 769523)
cool, I was longing for a good official DVD from MJ (Bucharest 92 sucks)

You don't like Bucharest '92? That was MJ at his best (just before the 1993 Allegations).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 767752)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 769371)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 769523)
this setlist is missing more then smooth-crimininal. Dirty Diana to start with

Dirty Diana was another track that was added to the second-leg of the tour ( 1988 ). Same applies to The Way You Make Me Feel and Man In The Mirror.

TheseDays2005 08-22-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 769528)
You don't like Bucharest '92? That was MJ at his best (just before the 1993 Allegations).

Yes I do like the show, but the quality of the DVD is crap, esp the sound (only one channel)

mo_rizwan 08-28-2007 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 769623)
Yes I do like the show, but the quality of the DVD is crap, esp the sound (only one channel)

I thought the picture quality was AWESOME!

I also wasn't fond of the sound.

mo_rizwan 10-27-2007 12:19 AM

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I came across some info posted on a Michael Jackson Forum regarding this product. A fan from Poland has purchased this DVD and it's now confirmed as a bootleg:

Quote:

I've bought this release almost 2 weeks ago in such exotic country like my Poland. In the nearest electro-market (Media-Market, maybe you have it too). The price was around 9 Euros but it looks worst than a best DVD you can make at home.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...JDVDBAD001.jpg
Inside a box

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...JDVDBAD002.jpg
Outside a box

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...JDVDBAD004.jpg
Back cover

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...JDVDBAD005.jpg
Front cover

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...JDVDBAD006.jpg

No, it's not a cover. On the first photo you can see it's like a booklet. I didn't expect a multiple pages book. And I wasn't wrong. It's a leaflet, which one side is like a cover.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...JDVDBAD007.jpg
On the other side there are some photos of Mike in medium quality (I would find better by myself) and some text about the Bad Tour.

Ok, let's play it!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...IN_JAPAN-0.jpg

First thing is some animation with a crow, which is doing this thing with it's fingers......argh....my english. In the background is some music from 60's. I thought I'm gonna see Elvis or tbh I don't want to.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...IN_JAPAN-1.jpg

Next is a spinning animation with text:
Crime Crow Productions, with a font that looks very similar to Coca-cola font.

mo_rizwan 10-27-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Despite of all these thing I expected some menu......I was wrong!! The concert is beggining after this animation. There is no intro with sponsors (TDK, Pepsi etc) so it's cut out. And the quality......take a look:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...IN_JAPAN-2.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...IN_JAPAN-3.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...IN_JAPAN-4.jpg

I didn't have any bootleg DVD and I'm very curious about this. It's an interesting thing to the collection. But if you're interested in watching great concert in your TV with DVD-player, with great sound and video quality......dl it from the net and make a DVD by yourself!

I think everyone here should now avoid ordering/purchasing this product!!!

:)

TheseDays2005 10-27-2007 12:30 AM

I'm confused, that's the bootleg version right? The official is still to be released?
And what's the word about the boxset dvd??

mo_rizwan 10-27-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 778040)
I'm confused, that's the bootleg version right? The official is still to be released?

No, it seems like the one on Play.com is the same bootleg. They even have the same DVD Cover (which doesn't look all that professional).
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 778040)
And what's the word about the boxset dvd??

You're probably talking about a Boxset called The Ultimate Collection which contains 4 CDs & 1 DVD (The Dangerous Tour concert in Bucharest '92). That was released in November 2004 and is still available :)

TheseDays2005 10-27-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 778246)
No, it seems like the one on Play.com is the same bootleg. They even have the same DVD Cover (which doesn't look all that professional).
You're probably talking about a Boxset called The Ultimate Collection which contains 4 CDs & 1 DVD (The Dangerous Tour concert in Bucharest '92). That was released in November 2004 and is still available :)

lol, no I have that one. I read a few times there was talk or rumour about video dvd boxset release, with all normal video's plus tv & live performances?? I was looking forward to that one.

Supersonic 10-27-2007 08:53 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 778036)
I think everyone here should now avoid ordering/purchasing this product!!!

:)

I think that's exactly what most of the posters on this board were planning to do.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

mo_rizwan 10-28-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 778325)
I read a few times there was talk or rumour about video dvd boxset release, with all normal video's plus tv & live performances??

Well, I've NEVER heard of that before, so it'll probably stay as a rumour.

However, there are some great bootlegs available online. Some sites have been tracked down and closed by Sony Music (Jacko's current Record Company). TucStore.Com still exists if you're interested :)

Dave 1986 10-29-2007 12:38 AM

Michael Jackson - Bad In Japan DVD 11/07

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 778325)
lol, no I have that one. I read a few times there was talk or rumour about video dvd boxset release, with all normal video's plus tv & live performances?? I was looking forward to that one.

You may just be thinking of the "The One" DVD that was releasd in February 2004, which contained live TV performances (eg Grammy's 1988) which are in DVD quality. It was a single disc though. I'm still yet to purchase it myself. I've also stayed clear of the box set cause only about 10% of it is rare/preveiously unreleased material. That of which I'm not paying £40 for. And I'm not exactly a fan of the Jackson 5/70's Michael Jackson either.

mo_rizwan 10-30-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 778710)
You may just be thinking of the "The One" DVD that was released in February 2004, which contained live TV performances (eg Grammy's 1988 ) which are in DVD quality. It was a single disc though. I'm still yet to purchase it myself.

That's actually a documentary that was shown on CBS in January 2004 then later shown in the UK in September the same year. It was a special that was meant to be shown in November 2003 to coincide with the release of Number Ones, but was then postponed due to Neverland being raided and Jackson being investigated on child molestation.

It basically contains interviews with Quincy, Mya, Beyonce, Dick Clarke, Wyclef Jean, Shaggy, Pharrel Williams, Slash and a few others regarding Jackson's career.

They don't show the complete 1988 Grammy performance of TWYMMF. They just show clips of the performance while discussing the performance. They also show a few short clips from some of his concert tour performances.

But nothing on that DVD is RARE....all the clips they show have been seen before by majority of the fans.

If you're a fan, than it's a good DVD to purchase. Otherwise, I suggest you stay away from that too :D

Dave 1986 10-30-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 779323)
That's actually a documentary that was shown on CBS in January 2004 then later shown in the UK in September the same year. It was a special that was meant to be shown in November 2003 to coincide with the release of Number Ones, but was then postponed due to Neverland being raided and Jackson being investigated on child molestation.

It basically contains interviews with Quincy, Mya, Beyonce, Dick Clarke, Wyclef Jean, Shaggy, Pharrel Williams, Slash and a few others regarding Jackson's career.

They don't show the complete 1988 Grammy performance of TWYMMF. They just show clips of the performance while discussing the performance. They also show a few short clips from some of his concert tour performances.

But nothing on that DVD is RARE....all the clips they show have been seen before by majority of the fans.

If you're a fan, than it's a good DVD to purchase. Otherwise, I suggest you stay away from that too :D

Thanks for the heads up. I was by no means, in any rush to get it anyway. I'm not half the Michael Jackson I used to be.

mo_rizwan 11-01-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 779327)
Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome Mate :)

Peterson 11-01-2007 12:56 PM

Any word on this new Jacko album that was supposed to be out in november? Pretty sure it was to be called 7?

Or was that just a load of shite?

mo_rizwan 11-01-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanp69 (Post 780099)
Any word on this new Jacko album that was supposed to be out in november? Pretty sure it was to be called 7?

Or was that just a load of shite?

Yeah, that rumour was a load of bollocks. Apologies for creating that thread.

But his new album should be coming soon.

He's done a photoshoot for America's Ebony magazine and I think there'll be a short interview on his upcoming projects (if he has any):

---
Access Hollywood: Michael Jackson Ebony Photoshoot 2007

Video footage as aired on Access Hollywood of Michael Jackson as he was photographed for a cover story in Ebony Magazine (due for release in November 2007).

Date: October 31st, 2007
Format: Windows Media Video (WMV)
Duration: 0 Minutes 46 Seconds
Properties: WMV - 640 x 480 - 7.60MB (Hi-Res)

http://mjjr.net/pics/20071031_V_Ebony_01.jpg

Download Location 1 (Hi-Res): http://rapidshare.com/files/66658774...1AHMJ.wmv.html

OR

Download Location 2 (Hi-Res): http://mjjr.net/downloads/20071031AHMJ.rar

NOTE: The file is RAR-Compressed. You will need WinRAR or 7-Zip (free) to extract the video file. The password of the archive is MJJR (once the video has been extracted, you can delete the original RAR file).
---

Dave 1986 11-02-2007 06:24 PM

As bad as we may all think he looks, he doesn't look 49 years old.

Supersonic 11-02-2007 06:43 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 780195)
But his new album should be coming soon.

If this coming soon will be just as coming soon as the Invincible album was coming soon after the release of Blood On The Dancefloor, we've got 5 years without any release date ahead of us.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 11-03-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 780531)
Aloha !

If this coming soon will be just as coming soon as the Invincible album was coming soon after the release of Blood On The Dancefloor, we've got 5 years without any release date ahead of us.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yea, the album that would be Invincible was originally "due" for a 1999 release, then 2000, then early 2001, then didn't get released til October/November 2001. But it has been 6 years since that album so it's gotta be out soon. But after hearing who he's collaborating with, I'm not all that excited.

Off the topic a little, has anyone heard the song Xscape? It was written/recorded in late 2002/early 2003 for a follow-up album to Invincible. I think the album was going to be called Ressurection or something. But anyway, it's a killer track. It got leaked on the net in early 2003 and after first hearing it, I thought it would have been the comeback single he needed. It's a kinda HIStory/Invincible sounding track but classic Michael Jackson all the same. Check it out if you can!

mo_rizwan 11-03-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 780611)
Off the topic a little, has anyone heard the song Xscape? It was written/recorded in late 2002/early 2003 for a follow-up album to Invincible. I think the album was going to be called Resurrection or something. But anyway, it's a killer track. It got leaked on the net in early 2003 and after first hearing it, I thought it would have been the comeback single he needed. It's a kinda HIStory/Invincible sounding track but classic Michael Jackson all the same. Check it out if you can!

MJ was actually annoyed at Xscape being leaked which is why it was never released. Rumour has it that it was to be the new track promoting the Number Ones album which was released in November 2003.

Resurrection was another rumour that started from a fan site. It was never confirmed from MJ or his team as the title for a follow-up album.

Dave 1986 11-03-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 780624)
MJ was actually annoyed at Xscape being leaked which is why it was never released. Rumour has it that it was to be the new track promoting the Number Ones album which was released in November 2003.

Resurrection was another rumour that started from a fan site. It was never confirmed from MJ or his team as the title for a follow-up album.

Ah fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. I knew MJ wasn't happy about the song being leaked. Shame that it was really, as it would have been a good single for a best of album. Then again, the filming for the One More Chance video was interrupted by his arrest on alleged child-molestation so it wouldn't have made a difference really.

(Don't)Lie_to_me 11-03-2007 05:59 PM

I can't say I'm yearning for any MJ releases, the man's gone miles downhill.

I don't hold the court case against him by the way, he was innocent :)

Supersonic 11-03-2007 06:54 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 780611)
Off the topic a little, has anyone heard the song Xscape? It was written/recorded in late 2002/early 2003 for a follow-up album to Invincible. I think the album was going to be called Ressurection or something. But anyway, it's a killer track. It got leaked on the net in early 2003 and after first hearing it, I thought it would have been the comeback single he needed. It's a kinda HIStory/Invincible sounding track but classic Michael Jackson all the same. Check it out if you can!

To be it sounded like something that could've made Invincible but it didn't for the right reasons. Just like he shouldn't have released that shit song Shout.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 11-05-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 780721)
Aloha !

To be it sounded like something that could've made Invincible but it didn't for the right reasons. Just like he shouldn't have released that shit song Shout.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yea, it does kinda sound like an Invincible track, but I'm kinda glad it didn't make the album, as it's just on a far superior level to anything else on that album. I think it was stupid that it wasn't included on the box set.

vhfan 11-07-2007 01:15 AM

It wouldn't hurt for him to release an official DVD since there are a lot of bootlegs out there. It would be digitaly remastered. I don't know if he really needs the money that bad,I think if he was really broke he would have accepted to a tour that was proposed to him with Janet this year. How can he be broke when he owns half of Sony and BMG's music catalog including The Beatles?

mo_rizwan 12-06-2007 04:10 PM

In Michael's case, I think DVD releases are down to his Record Company, hence why they wanted to release Moonwalker during the allegation period.

Michael may have a say/suggestion in all this, but everything has to be finalised with Sony Music.

vhfan 12-06-2007 07:19 PM

But he owns 1/4 of Sony/BMG so why would he need to have permission from a company he partly own?

danfan 12-06-2007 07:22 PM

Shimo.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

mo_rizwan 12-07-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhfan (Post 790618)
But he owns 1/4 of Sony/BMG....

I still don't think that gives him complete control over his Records, hence why we get so many compilations.

In 2002, at a fan event in London, he mentioned that he'll be leaving Sony Music as a Free Agent owning half of Sony (50%). To this day, he's still with the company.

Dave 1986 12-07-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 790852)
I still don't think that gives him complete control over his Records, hence why we get so many compilations.

In 2002, at a fan event in London, he mentioned that he'll be leaving Sony Music as a Free Agent owning half of Sony (50%). To this day, he's still with the company.

I thought he's now with Two Seas records or whatever they're called, and that he's now finished his conract with Sony.

mo_rizwan 12-10-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 790874)
I thought he's now with Two Seas records or whatever they're called, and that he's now finished his conract with Sony.

In September 2006, Jackson's publicist, Raymone Bain, announced that Michael Jackson has left 2Seas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Seas_Records