Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Will you be buying Destination Anywhere on DVD? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29465)

Dave 1986 02-15-2005 06:30 PM

Will you be buying Destination Anywhere on DVD?

Destination Anywhere is released on DVD in 2 weeks. Who's gonna be buying it? I'm sure I will.

Sambo-Chris 02-15-2005 10:24 PM

No. I have it on VHS already and it's not that good that I need it on DVD. I haven't watched it for ages so buying it again would be a waste of money.

Thierry 02-15-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
No. I have it on VHS already and it's not that good that I need it on DVD. I haven't watched it for ages so buying it again would be a waste of money.

Just like american XS platinum in your opinion. :?

PedrinhoSSM 02-15-2005 10:56 PM

Yes, of course. I love that movie so much. Love the songs :D Love the actors :P Love everything on the movie.

spunkywho 02-15-2005 10:58 PM

aweful is an understatement!

Sambo-Chris 02-15-2005 10:58 PM

:?:

I don't know what you mean. I wouldn't buy a second membership of AXS either, that's true, when I already have one. So yes, it's the same with DA. I have it already and I don't need it twice.

Kev 02-15-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
:?:

I don't know what you mean. I wouldn't buy a second membership of AXS either, that's true, when I already have one. So yes, it's the same with DA. I have it already and I don't need it twice.

Chris, Thierry was clearly on about the 'waste of money' part of your post.

Rob 02-16-2005 12:37 AM

Maybe if I see it on offer in the future I'll get it because I ain't seen it yet, but if it ain't great like a lot of you are saying I won't be rushing to get it.

Jovimimi 02-16-2005 06:59 PM

I have it already on DVD or maybe it's a VCD from taiwain or something it does look official ... and i had the vhs and put it on dvd with my dvd recorder .. so i am not sure .. THOUGH I can say that if I see it in a store i maybe won't resist ... :P I know it's not very smart but hey that's just me ....

I don't think DA DVD as a movie at all but as a long video clip from the cd ....

~saz~ 02-16-2005 09:04 PM

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know.I might buy it to see if it really is as bad as people say it is, but then again I might just buy another Will & Grace DVD

Neurotica80 02-16-2005 09:49 PM

I wouldnt even wanna win it nevermind buy it

Tashjbj 02-16-2005 09:58 PM

Yeah... I really liked it...

Aidan 02-16-2005 10:41 PM

I don't see a reason for me to buy it :? I have it on a VHS and I've seen it only once (the day I bought it :P) So IMO it's just a waste of money. Actually, I would prefer a collection of all BJ videos on a DVD :roll:

Alex 02-16-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~saz~
I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know.I might buy it to see if it really is as bad as people say it is, but then again I might just buy another Will & Grace DVD

Go for the Will and Grace DVD. Trust me. 8)

Keba 02-16-2005 10:47 PM

I hear it's only an international release so it won't be available in the US. Still, if it was available I'm not sure if I'd buy it or not. Probably not.

Becky 02-16-2005 11:21 PM

I would buy it if it was available here. I didn't think the movie was that bad. It was dark and artsy, but I enjoyed it. It was the most convincing role I've ever seen by Demi Moore.

Becky

Supersonic 02-16-2005 11:24 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
It was the most convincing role I've ever seen by Demi Moore.

Becky

:? You've probably never seen Striptease...

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

DaveyShoes 02-16-2005 11:26 PM

Geezus, you guys are harsh! O.K it isn't a great film, but its still worth seeing. I think its shot really well and has some nice montage sequences - especially the scene where Jon gets wasted and ends up in a strip club - this was the footage that made up most of the video for queen of New Orleans, which was pretty cool -( in fact I would buy it if that vid was on the DVD.) the story line is pretty abysmal and the script makes me laugh, especially when they incorporate lines from the album into the dialogue - watch out for the old geezer in the bar saying, 'I think God closed his eyes and the world got mean.' But for those of you who haven';t seen it, I would personally recommend purchasing it. It does have some entertainment value. I'm gonna stick with my VHS copy for now and maybe get it when it turns up in the bargain basement sales for £2.99.

Rina 02-17-2005 03:45 PM

I'm not sure. I have only watched the video once...
Maybe if they put some more stuff on the dvd :roll:

Gar_Carey 02-17-2005 03:48 PM

I'll buy it-but no straight awayhttp://bonjovi.blog.excite.it/img/1.jpg

Dave 1986 02-17-2005 05:44 PM

Well the DVD will have the videos for Midnight In Chelsea, Queen Of New Orleans, Janie and Ugly and I also read that the vid for Staring At Your Window was going to be included as a hidden video. It will also have an enhanced Dolby 5.1 Surrround mix aswell so there will be something extra to go with the DVD.

spunkywho 02-17-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

It was dark and artsy,

I like the artsy comment. As soon as you call something art, noone is to judge the quality anymore, cause art cannot be defined in good or bad. Clever.

Quote:

Becky
she was just as convincing as Jon as an alcoholic wife beater in Pay it Forward.

~saz~ 02-17-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
Quote:

OK. Now I have a problem. Which series?? LOL :lol:

Jovimimi 02-17-2005 10:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
Quote:

OK. Now I have a problem. Which series?? LOL :lol:

you mean which season :wink: I had 2 glasses of champagne so I am not sure of anything right now :oops:

Keba 02-18-2005 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:

Becky

she was just as convincing as Jon as an alcoholic wife beater in Pay it Forward.

LMAO! Jon in Pay it Forward was a traumatising experience.

~saz~ 02-18-2005 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi
I had 2 glasses of champagne so I am not sure of anything right now :oops:

I know that feeling too :oops: I meant season :P

Rob 07-19-2005 12:37 AM

Just picked up a copy of Destination Anywhere today. Never seen it before and I was starting to get into it, but then it ended just like that! It's a really wierd ending, and I think the film could have been much longer. The videos are ok, and the interviews satisfactory, but I don't think the DVD was worth the £11 that I paid for it.