Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Thinny 07-20-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265701)
But,for example,when I bought These Days,back in 1995,it had 14 songs,now if you go for it on Spotify it had 12 songs.
So All I Want is Everything and Bitter Wine were bonus tracks that in a determinated way,made the final version of the album.
But,btw,When She Comes or Wedding Day were b sides released on cd singles that didnt made the main album in any international version(as far as I know)
For me they are different concepts.

I get what you are saying, but the standard version of This House only has 12 tracks on it. Yes the deluxe version is available on iTunes etc, because it was released during the digital era. These Days wasn't, so you just get the basic tracks. If it was released today, it would be different. Either way Deluxe editions Bonus Tracks/B-Sides, in my eyes are the same thing - tracks that they didn't feel were good enough for the main album, so they found some other way to put them out there.

rolo_tomachi 07-20-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265690)
I am not adding b sides,Im just referring to official editions of the albums.
What you mean is that I get Bounce,wich is a 12 songs album and add it Another Reason,Standing,Alive,etc
It is not the same thing.
THINFS in its different official album editiona had a total of 21songs.
Im a not saying that it isa double album,of course,Im just saying that it had a number of songs that could had perfect been a double album.

But those songs like Bounce demo/b-sides were never polished like the ones that made the album. That's the problem I also have with the New Jersey demos, which are demos, not polished and perfected songs like the ones that did make the official album.

About THINFS, we might get 18 songs + WWWU and Walls ( 2018 ), but they don't feel in the same paquet.

I'm just saying that I'd love to see a double album (if conceptual better) on Bon Jovi discography someday. I do not think it is a crazy thing, and being a fan it is normal to wish to imagine or want to see something like that. After, we could judge the result but that is another story.

Jon is prolific in writing, we all know he writes a lot for each album, and we always get an album every 3 or 4 years. I'm just saying that it could happen at some point, or rather, I would like it to happen.

Captain_jovi 07-20-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265711)
But those songs like Bounce demo/b-sides were never polished like the ones that made the album. That's the problem I also have with the New Jersey demos, which are demos, not polished and perfected songs like the ones that did make the official album.

About THINFS, we might get 18 songs + WWWU and Walls ( 2018 ), but they don't feel in the same paquet.

I'm just saying that I'd love to see a double album (if conceptual better) on Bon Jovi discography someday. I do not think it is a crazy thing, and being a fan it is normal to wish to imagine or want to see something like that. After, we could judge the result but that is another story.

Jon is prolific in writing, we all know he writes a lot for each album, and we always get an album every 3 or 4 years. I'm just saying that it could happen at some point, or rather, I would like it to happen.

The way the industry is and people's attention span and how little earth wants new Bon Jovi music, I assure you it's absolutely a crazy thing to hope for. It's own fanbase rips apart new music hard.

Javier 07-20-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1265706)
'Do What You Can' music video was being filmed yesterday. Just Jon on his own.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

There's a clip going around Facebook that you can hear a bit of the finished song. Sounded interesting, upbeat. Reminded me a bit of Reunion except that 'Do What You Can' is a better song so hopefully it turns out nice!

rolo_tomachi 07-20-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265713)
The way the industry is and people's attention span and how little earth wants new Bon Jovi music, I assure you it's absolutely a crazy thing to hope for. It's own fanbase rips apart new music hard.

And I understand it. Add that since Richie left, it makes everything even worse. But despite everything, I want my favorite bands to live forever, keep releasing new music. Listening to a new song is an exciting thing, even when it comes to a harmless song.

steel_horse75 07-20-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1265706)
'Do What You Can' music video was being filmed yesterday. Just Jon on his own.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Another vid without the band?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 07-20-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265715)
And I understand it. Add that since Richie left, it makes everything even worse. But despite everything, I want my favorite bands to live forever, keep releasing new music. Listening to a new song is an exciting thing, even when it comes to a harmless song.

"Richie left, everything is worse so I want twice the amount of songs" I just don't get it I guess.

Jovi98 07-21-2020 12:00 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC3yOuSFVQ8/

Jack27 07-21-2020 12:32 AM

So how different do we think the song will sound compared to what Jon played on TV? Will
It be acoustic sounding or rocked up a bit?

Rdkopper 07-21-2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1265720)
So how different do we think the song will sound compared to what Jon played on TV? Will

It be acoustic sounding or rocked up a bit?

You can hear the song during the clip

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk