Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Worldwide chart positions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70773)

steel_horse75 10-21-2020 08:51 AM

Worldwide chart positions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1269611)
Aloha !

I'm 36. I still check out full records whenever they're released. Those who don't do so nowadays wouldn't have done so 20 years ago either. It's just that a lot of 35+ year old Bon Jovi fans have given up on this band altogether. I don't know anyone from the It's My Life era who still goes to these shows and buys the albums apart from the odd individuals who'd buy stuff regardless of what's on there.

I'm surprised a Bon Jovi fan like yourself thinks checking out the odd hitsingle is enough when it comes to checking out new music as you'd never have discovered a song like Dry County or Dirty Little Secret by doing this as well. It's why I always check out full records as a single is never an indication of what an album sounds like. With Bon Jovi the lead single is most often radically different from the rest of the album, with other bands it's just the one that's commercially the most interesting to release.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Have you given your opinion on 202 yet? Apologies if I’ve missed it. What do you think?
Like you I listen to the full album from bands. They have taken the time to create new material so they deserve to have their “art” for want of a better word, listened to how it’s intended.
iTunes/Spotify has killed the album as we knew it. People can’t seem to concentrate for more than 45 minutes now so that’s why they pick 1 or 2 songs. While they are listening they are on twitter or social media looking or thinking about something else. Gone are the days of sitting down a listening and taking it in.
I may not love the new music but credit to Jon for sticking to the old format of full albums. A lot have bands have now gone down the individual song or EP route...but maybe that can work for Bon Jovi and that should be the way forward.
Jon has delayed the album, vinyl is still not out, done all the tv shows, done the iheart gig and.....bang the album hits 19 in first week and 144 by 3rd week.
What does it say when your 10 year old GH2 is higher in the charts than your new album that was released 3 weeks ago?
It says no one wants the new music or the change is so different your fan base has left.
They should’ve stopped after Richie quit really so jon could do little acoustic gigs and solo stuff. (Not that will sell you the bucket load either) but Jon must be gutted he thinks he’s wrote a really socially conscious/relevant album and no ones bought it. Even those who love Jon’s cute ass and freaky fans who buy 10 copies of the album can’t save 2020 from disappearing into the bargain bin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brunorc21 10-21-2020 07:34 PM

Today I shared the album to a friend in Brazil who likes Bon Jovi and he didn't even know there was a new album out...

Johny 10-21-2020 08:06 PM

I may be a hopeless but I'd really wish if Jon stood by the record despite the sales. It might change him to stop chasing the trends and sales and chart positions and concentrate on music he really wants to release, from his heart.

Litneg 10-22-2020 01:11 AM

I'm amazed with how "2020" is holding up on Austria - 3rd week and it still No. 5 on iTunes there.

Ghostorm 10-22-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1269630)
I may be a hopeless but I'd really wish if Jon stood by the record despite the sales. It might change him to stop chasing the trends and sales and chart positions and concentrate on music he really wants to release, from his heart.

That's my hope too.

WILDJOVIMAN 10-22-2020 03:44 PM

Austria Album Charts - 2nd Week and still Nr. 2
Austria was and still is "BJ - Land" ever since
https://austriancharts.at/

rolo_tomachi 10-22-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1269650)
Austria Album Charts - 2nd Week and still Nr. 2
Austria was and still is "BJ - Land" ever since
https://austriancharts.at/

That's great, the album is working moderately in most of the world, except the US.

Jon should do more promotion now that there are elections there, I can't believe they don't try to do something special to get media attention.

Litneg 10-22-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269651)
That's great, the album is working moderately in most of the world, except the US.

Jon should do more promotion now that there are elections there, I can't believe they don't try to do something special to get media attention.

They could start promoting Blood In The Water now.

Yesterday I read a news saying that FBI is accusing Russian and Iran of trying to influence the US election. The subject matter is right in this song.

(But I personally don't know if they should)

bonjovi90 10-22-2020 05:59 PM

It's kind of ironic that an album that's been aimed more at the US market than any release beforehand actually does fairly decent in many countries around the world, but pretty much tanks in the US.

kleman 10-22-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1269654)
It's kind of ironic that an album that's been aimed more at the US market than any release beforehand actually does fairly decent in many countries around the world, but pretty much tanks in the US.

Yeah, sound familiar, just like These Days album :cool: