Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Crush Tour - DVD (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=35596)

† ÀžžÀ † 06-03-2006 03:19 PM

There's a documentary about the tour where the boys are interviewed in their hotel rooms but I don;t remember Jon driving around New Jersey.

bjcrazycpa 06-03-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn
I like this gig , I agree they do seem tired. On cRUSH dvd is there also making of the crush tour ????? Where Jon drives round NJ ????

Ive got making of the crush tour copied but the quality isnt great would like to have it clearer, can u let me know if its included on Crush DVD.

Dawn

No Dawn, the making of the Crush tour where Jon goes to some of his old haunts in NJ is NOT on the dvd. It was on Real Player for quite some time but was never released on dvd. I for one would love to have that piece as well.

deb

Bleeding Purist 06-03-2006 03:58 PM

When did you all get so positive about this DVD? I like it for the Crush songs...but other than that.....meh.

The overall performance is noticably on auto pilot. The sound quality is muddy. I consider One Last Wild Night as being a step up from this...though the sound on that is utter crap compared to the Crush Tour.

As for a HAND tour DVD....I'll be surprised if it happens. Demand for something doesn't neccessarily result in anything. We all wanted a live VHS for the Jersey Syndicate tour....that never happened, we got a documentary instead. woo hoo. We wanted a live video with the box set. We got clips of the aforementioned documentary recycled and Jon talkin in the studio about the songs on the set. whee.

† ÀžžÀ † 06-03-2006 08:17 PM

But we didn't get a Bounce Tour DVD, with the exception of those songs featured on the TLFR DVD Extra Disc ... so I'm hopeful for one from this tour myself :D

Alphavictim 06-04-2006 12:41 AM

Well, I got it now - didn't have the time to watch the whole video, but what I've seen was pretty good. I was actually surprised about Jon's vocals and the new slow version of Runaway. So, thanks for recommending it :)

I was pretty sure that there'd be a new live DVD coming out because I guess they'll take a longer break after this tour, and a live release would be the easiest way to keep up the one-release-every-year-schedule. (other than a best of)

RubberDucky 06-07-2006 10:30 AM

I love that DVD! I watch it all the time! :D Got a lot of my fave songs on it

Dave 1986 06-07-2006 01:09 PM

The first Bon Jovi DVD I ever bought (being as it was the ONLY BJ DVD at the time) and still think it's a good watch. Yes, I agree the performance is tired, but like someone said earlier, Jon's vocals are actually not bad!

The Crush tracks are probably the best live performed for obvious reasons and especially now they are considered rare performances. (There are like 7 tracks from that album!)

I wouldn't like to hold my breathe for a Have A Nice Day DVD but I would love one. Cause I've not a clue if they will go straight for a follow-up album for next year or if they'll take a break, but if the latter is to be, then a DVD will keep me satisfied.

Doyle 06-08-2006 06:09 PM

oh,that's worth!!!I've got it~it's awesome!!! :lol:

DestinationJovi 06-09-2006 02:25 AM

Crush Tour is my favorite of the live DVDs. If they were to film and release a HAND Tour DVD, I too think it'd be from a show where they included These Days or Dry County. As for the set lists being similar, I think any live DVD they relsease in the future would include those older hits. Can't imagine them ever having a show where they didn't include Wanted, Prayer, or Bad Medicine in the set.

TheseDays2005 06-09-2006 02:49 AM

same as with OWN, they couldve have chosen a so much better show.

the DVD sucks..

Live from London, Rocks

Period

Lock