Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Track Rankings 2012 - 7800* Fahrenheit (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53856)

Savvi 03-06-2012 12:14 PM

The main problem I have with it are the verses. They bring the album down. If you took the chorus of (nearly) every track they're actually quite powerful and strong.

I also think that if you speed up the intro riff to Hardest Part is the Night, it's much more catchy and powerful. Kinda like how it was played live (but even faster).

Savvi 03-06-2012 12:21 PM

I like how we're actually discussing the album rather than just voting. Makes it much more interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1080607)
Same for me too. Only Lonely is my favorite.

Are they your votes? I wont count them until you let me know for sure ;)

Haja 03-06-2012 04:57 PM

Poor engineering and producing really bring the sound of the album down. Which is a shame.

Toņo 03-06-2012 09:42 PM

It's a good 80's album, that sounds old today.

bonjovi90 03-06-2012 11:16 PM

The thing that really bothers me most is the production. I gave it a few more listens the last days and it's really so out-dated. So many unnecessary things. I remember Jon said at some point in the 80's: "When I heard the finished mix I couldn't understand what and why they did some of that stuff on the sound controllers afterwards."
On the other hand I liked some of the stuff live, like the '85 version of Silent Night:
or Hardest Part Is The Night:

They started, for me, to lose the song on the SWW tour though when they played it wayyyy too slow and it became plain boring.

Johny 03-07-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1080661)
The thing that really bothers me most is the production. I gave it a few more listens the last days and it's really so out-dated. So many unnecessary things. I remember Jon said at some point in the 80's: "When I heard the finished mix I couldn't understand what and why they did some of that stuff on the sound controllers afterwards."
On the other hand I liked some of the stuff live, like the '85 version of Silent Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_lG_yYKiJU
or Hardest Part Is The Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRIKn8tkZM

They started, for me, to lose the song on the SWW tour though when they played it wayyyy too slow and it became plain boring.

If you mean Silent Night, I think the best version is from Cincinatti 1987, with all those adlibs. And I just simply love the way he says "I - Love - You" at the end of the song ;)

Captain Walrus 03-07-2012 08:59 PM

7800 is actually my favourite band album outside of the big 4 ... anyone with me? Just love that harder edge it's got to it, and the atmosphere created in some of the songs (personally I'm a big fan of the synths in To The Fire and Silent Night). Conversely, I find Tokyo Road to be quite overrated ... am I wrong or is everyone else?! :D

10. Only Lonely
9. Price Of Love
8. Hardest Part Is The Night
7. In & Out Of Love
6. Silent Night
5. To The Fire
4. Tokyo Road
3. Always Run To You
2. King Of The Mountain
1. Secret Dreams

life_of_agony 03-07-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1080729)
7800 is actually my favourite band album outside of the big 4 ... anyone with me? Just love that harder edge it's got to it, and the atmosphere created in some of the songs (personally I'm a big fan of the synths in To The Fire and Silent Night). Conversely, I find Tokyo Road to be quite overrated ... am I wrong or is everyone else?! :D

10. Only Lonely
9. Price Of Love
7. In & Out Of Love
6. Silent Night
5. To The Fire
4. Tokyo Road
3. Always Run To You
2. King Of The Mountain
1. Secret Dreams

It is a cracker of an album...I love it. But you are wrong with Tokyo Road - that song is killer!
I still don't get the hatred for this album. I remember when I met Sambora and I got him to sign my copy of 7800 amongst other things and mentioned how much I loved the album and wished they would start playing some of the tracks live. He just looked at me like I was a freak for liking it and smiled.
It could also be that I was giggling like a 13 year old girl who just met Justin Bieber....

KeepTheFaith2211 03-07-2012 10:40 PM

It's not the best album.

But it's actually my second favourite behind 'These Days'...only song I don't like is 'Secret Dreams'. I love this album.

Kathleen 03-08-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1080729)

10. Only Lonely
9. Price Of Love
7. In & Out Of Love
6. Silent Night
5. To The Fire
4. Tokyo Road
3. Always Run To You
2. King Of The Mountain
1. Secret Dreams

You and I have always agreed about this one - yes it was my favorite outside of the big 4 - but The Circle bumped it out of that long held place. I will switch places with Tokyo Road and Price of Love though.

10. Only Lonely
9. Tokyo Road
7. In & Out Of Love
6. Silent Night
5. Price of Love
4. To the Fire
3. Always Run To You
2. King Of The Mountain
1. Secret Dreams