Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best live versions of Hey God (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70534)

rickysambo 04-08-2019 04:55 AM

:twisted:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252237)
Then your comment about those grunge idiots makes even less sense :D I'm not really a big fan of the grunge scene, I just thought your comment was a bit disrespectful ;)

Less disrespectful than Kurt Cobain calling Jon an untalented hack on video in an interview I hope.

rocknation 04-08-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252180)
Bon Jovi (live at MTV EMA 1995)
This will always be my favourite one.

Mine, too -- the extra energy and fire they put into it was allegedly due to their not winning an award they were promised!

rolo_tomachi 04-08-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1252263)
:twisted:

Less disrespectful than Kurt Cobain calling Jon an untalented hack on video in an interview I hope.

well... and you do the same with a whole movement. Good for you.

A lot of artists and important bands have made it clear that Jovi is not his cup of tea, and they have been disrespectful with their music. Can not like everyone.

rickysambo 04-08-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1252269)
well... and you do the same with a whole movement. Good for you.

Great for me, in fact. I can call Jon an idiot and do the same for Richie or Alice in Chains/Soundgarden. Love all of their music. I wasn't disrespecting the entire movement, merely making a loose, casual remark. And honestly, I do believe nothing tops the gem that is These Days, be it Grunge or Technical Thrash metal.
P.S: Nirvana blows. Kurt was a poseur.

bonjovi90 04-08-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1252262)
Great gem.

This is higher than the final version. Do we know if it's the key that they actually recorded it or was it transposed during conversion (as often happens with old audience recordings)?

All those demo snippets were speed/pitch altered to keep the original ones as exclusive as possible.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 05-06-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252272)
All those demo snippets were speed/pitch altered to keep the original ones as exclusive as possible.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Wrong... They are in the correct speed/pitch.

Captain_jovi 05-06-2019 03:26 PM

Is it possible over time the cassette lost quality and changed the pitch/speed? The NJ demos had the same problem when they leaked years ago too, right?

bonjovi90 05-06-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252708)
Is it possible over time the cassette lost quality and changed the pitch/speed? The NJ demos had the same problem when they leaked years ago too, right?

Yeah the New Jersey demos were a little too slow/off pitch, these demos are a bit too fast/off pitch (pitch too high) too. Bad storing of the tapes can be a reason for that, though that usually doesn't affect it too much. Or transferring it at the wrong type can cause it as well.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-06-2019 10:01 PM

The New Jersey demos that you're talking about are not clean.
The ones I posted are all originals, I would never post something altered.

Captain_jovi 05-07-2019 12:53 AM

If the tapes degraded over time no one is saying you altered them. We'd just have no way of knowing how they sounded when they were made in the mid 90's.