Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70867)

Javier 11-27-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286634)
I don't think anyone is saying that the reunion is happening at this stage. Just that there will almost certainly be a 40th anniversary tour. Other than that it's just speculating and what if's....

As for Eddie Trunk he spouts so much rubbish he's not far off Anthony Bon Jovi level :rolleyes:
I've never heard such nonsense. A "Reunion" tour is big money. If it wasn't why would bands still be doing them? Because it sells tickets, they can raise the prices and makes them a shed load more money, that's why! It's all in the way it's promoted. There's no angle on using a new Bon Jovi album to sell a tour. No one cares now, it's a non-event. Unlike a 40th Anniversary tour, or a reunion tour! It makes ALL the difference...especially after all the bad press from the last tour.

I really do get where you're coming from, and I don't completely disagree. But it just wouldn't be a "reunion" tour, and it would never be labeled as one. 3 out of the 4 members of the band that have been there since day 1 never left!! It's not like a G'n'R thing where the band completely changed and when they got back they could market it as such. To get Richie back, and then label it a reunion tour would completely be devaluing Tico and Dave's place in the band, and not to mention disregard Phil, Shanks and Everett. Arguments as to why some shouldn't be there and others just aren't that important could be discussed endlessly but these are people Jon respects, have earned their place and to treat them like an afterthought by labeling it "a reunion tour" would be just a dick move. I love Richie as much as anyone, but coming back to Bon Jovi would only be benefiting to him ( and maybe Jon's vocal chords taking a rest while he sings IBTFY).....

semigoodlooking 11-27-2023 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1286638)
I really do get where you're coming from, and I don't completely disagree. But it just wouldn't be a "reunion" tour, and it would never be labeled as one. 3 out of the 4 members of the band that have been there since day 1 never left!! It's not like a G'n'R thing where the band completely changed and when they got back they could market it as such. To get Richie back, and then label it a reunion tour would completely be devaluing Tico and Dave's place in the band, and not to mention disregard Phil, Shanks and Everett. Arguments as to why some shouldn't be there and others just aren't that important could be discussed endlessly but these are people Jon respects, have earned their place and to treat them like an afterthought by labeling it "a reunion tour" would be just a dick move. I love Richie as much as anyone, but coming back to Bon Jovi would only be benefiting to him ( and maybe Jon's vocal chords taking a rest while he sings IBTFY).....

I think you are both correct. It wouldn't be a reunion tour in the strictest sense but if it were to happen, it would surely be marketed as one. What specific language the marketing would use is neither here nor there, it would be made very clear that the tour would be Richie's comeback.

steel_horse75 11-27-2023 09:26 PM

Richie appears in episode 2 of Greatest Guitar Riffs on Sky Arts.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Thinny 11-27-2023 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1286635)
Reunion tours sell, I agree. For whatever reason, North America is where Jon seems to care the most about being big. Whether it's distance from home or just wanting to be an American superstar. This is the country that cares the least about any member of this band without his initials. Love the guy to death, I don't know if it would make the difference it would make here that it would in Europe or Japan. They'd do much bigger numbers out there.

Having Richie back is an angle from promotion but from the piss breaks I saw anytime he sang anything that wasn't a talk box, the general public isn't as gaga. Diehards would come back I think (if they can stomach Jon's voice). If he spent the time away building his own fan base and nurturing a connection, doing shows and releasing albums thus would all be a very different discussion..

You are looking at it from a fan point of view. I am talking about a business and marketing point of view which is the only way anyone within the Bon Jovi camp or Live Nation is going to look at it. They don't care about the fans will buy tickets regardless. They want to find a way to market these tickets to the people that would be a on the fence type of concert goer for the band - that's were the big bucks are as those kind of punter outnumber the hardcore fans by a long shot! After the disaster in the press for the last tour they have to have something more than "Bon Jovi go on tour supporting a new album" in order to sell tickets. Hence the reason we will probably get a "40th anniversary tour" rather than a new album tour.

Thinny 11-27-2023 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1286636)
So if Jon's smart enough, he first makes a 40th Anniversary tour without Richie, afterwards a reunion tour with Richie and finally a farewell tour either with or without him. !

Spot on! That's what would make the most sense.

Thinny 11-27-2023 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1286638)

Sorry but no. It doesn't devalue anyone in the band, Dave and Tico included. It's an original member coming back after over 10 years away - of course it would be marketed as a reunion - it's the only way to market it! Phil, Shanks and Everett are hired hands at the end of the day and they know that. They wouldn't ever expect to be as important and an original member that was there through all of the bands success and co-wrote most of the biggest hits. Hell, they still sell T-shirts with Richie's face all over them and a calendar full of his pics. I guarentee Phil X does not care. He gets paid, very well I'm sure. He goes home happy!

I don't really see how the GnR comparison works to prove your point, aside from the fact it was 2 people coming back not 1. It's the same. It was a reunion and was labelled as such, which is exactly how it would be promoted if Richie came back!

A reunion means more $$$ for everyone not just Richie, trust me. However, personally, hand on heart I don't see a reunion happening ever. Jon are Richie are just in two different places that i just can't see how it would work. Peronalities, ego, etc. Both of them would need to compromise and I just don't see it happening. They are not getting any younger and time is running out. I'm not convincedthat Jon even has another tour in him now! Never mind another 3-5 years!

jovifan85 11-27-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286644)
Spot on! That's what would make the most sense.

If Richie Sambora was coming back, Jon would have announced it by now before the 2024 Tour. Given JBJ vocal state I believe this is the penultimate Tour....Hopefully Richie is on the Final Album and Farewell Tour in a few years ( After 2024 Tour JBJ, will realise he needs a long rest with likely bad reviews from fans and media....Why the 2024 Tour? ( 40th Anniversary), but he needs rest....I guess JBJ knows he wont be singing for the 45th Anniversary....

bonjovi90 11-27-2023 11:30 PM

Please tell me there aren't still people thinking that rest will do Jon's voice any good anymore? We are all fans but we can't be that delusional.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

jovifan85 11-27-2023 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1286649)
Please tell me there aren't still people thinking that rest will do Jon's voice any good anymore? We are all fans but we can't be that delusional.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Even with his current vocal state, he needs rest....Yes his voice is gone......

blazeofglory 11-28-2023 12:27 AM

Rest or no rest is really not making a difference anymore these days. He rested during COVID and nothing improved, if anything things got worse. He also rested after the last tour and still no improvement. At this point it's probably "better" if he doesn't rest too much and just gets as much touring done as he still wants to do before he's left with no voice at all. A few days between shows to regenerate make sense but resting for months or even years is clearly not helping anymore at this point.