Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thank You For Loving Me (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46122)

KeepTheFaith2211 07-24-2008 04:02 PM

Thank You For Loving Me

Can someobody please explain why this song has been ignored for so long? I used to hate it but I actually love it now. Plus I think Jon has great vocals on it. It could be played a couple of times if there was a Greatest Hits II tour maybe?

Supersonic 07-24-2008 04:09 PM

Aloha !

Let's hope not. It's ignored because it never lifts off, there aren't any strong vocals in it, no powerful drums and it lacks a guitar solo. And without those ingredients it's not a good ballad at all.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Living_on_my_Hair 07-24-2008 04:35 PM

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, it was only actually played fully electric a handfull of times on the Crush tour plus a few acoustic versions.

Like Seb says, it doesnt really peak anywhere and probably wasn't played alot for the same reason MAM didnt get played alot in the stadium shows here in Europe.
TYFLM wasn't really a big hit anyway, and when they've got BOR, Always, I'll be there for you, MAM and on a good night, Living in Sin or even TAALS it's a no-brainer as to what should get played first.

andi

RSROCKS 07-24-2008 04:39 PM

I always thought it was boring on record and would probably find it even more boring live.

If they were going to play a ballad live anyway, there are much better ballads to choose from that are just better all around and would get more of a reaction from the crowd where as this would most likely be a bathroom/beer break.

jade4jovi 07-24-2008 05:18 PM

I like the song. It's really ****ing cheesy, but I like it. There are definitely loads better ballads for Jovi to pick from, though. And I'm not so sure it would work live, TBH. I think it would bore a lot of people, and "lose" the crowd. I don't think it would be such a smart move.

TheseDays2005 07-24-2008 05:24 PM

It is really horrible. IMO togeter with All About Loving you their worst ballads... even she's a mystery is slighty better...

steel_horse75 07-24-2008 05:40 PM

because its total dog shit?

jade4jovi 07-24-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 868323)
because its total dog shit?

In your opinion. ;)

And hey, we have WSYCGH, Captain.Crash, etc. They do those live! And they're shit in a lot of peoples opinions.

TheseDays2005 07-24-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 868326)
In your opinion. ;)

And hey, we have WSYCGH, Captain.Crash, etc. They do those live! And they're shit in a lot of peoples opinions.

There is a difference between shit & shit. I know its sounds weird but there is.
Say it like this, TYFLM is like diarrea & CC like shit.....

RSROCKS 07-24-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 868327)
There is a difference between shit & shit. I know its sounds weird but there is.
Say it like this, TYFLM is like diarrea & CC like shit.....

Eloquently put:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 868319)
I like the song. It's really ****ing cheesy, but I like it. There are definitely loads better ballads for Jovi to pick from, though. And I'm not so sure it would work live, TBH. I think it would bore a lot of people, and "lose" the crowd. I don't think it would be such a smart move.

Thanks Jade for basically re-wording my post. Very original.