Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil X (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55719)

Kathleen 11-11-2019 12:44 AM

So far the response here has been - nothing - crickets. Clearly nobody cares even though they will mourn Richie forever :(

Thinny 11-11-2019 12:57 PM

Phil's music does nothing for me I'm afraid. I've tried, but I just can't get into it. Nothing against Phil at all, and it's nothing to do with Richie (silly comment). I like the guy, but it's not for me.

JackieBlue 11-11-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1259852)
...but I like Phil and his guitar. He doesn't play in the style of Richie and many people criticize him for that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1259927)
So far the response here has been - nothing - crickets. Clearly nobody cares even though they will mourn Richie forever :(

Kathleen, I miss Richie in Bon Jovi as much as anybody here; and I'll probably never quit hoping that he'll return to the band; but that hasn't kept me from liking Phil-X. I like most of the Drills' songs that I've listened to, even though I'm not crazy about the latest release. He's a talented guitarist who brings a much-needed energy to the band, and I agree with those who think he's underutilized. I also admire the way he stays in touch with his fans. Gotta say, he's a lot more patient than I would be with those who are clearly only interested in his connection with Bon Jovi, and who wouldn't give a rip about him otherwise.

But why would I want to listen to a band I've never heard of, just because X played lead on their song? Especially after you said nobody would know it was Phil anyway? I'm not seeing a connection between that and Richie, at all, except maybe in your mind.
:confused:

Sometimes it seems like you almost resent anyone who hasn't written Richie off the way you say you have. Yet you brought him up twice in the last 8 posts, none of which had anything to do with him. It's something to consider the next time you wonder why so many threads get derailed by a Richie discussion; because that's exactly how most of those derailments get started.

Kathleen 11-12-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259942)
Kathleen, I miss Richie in Bon Jovi as much as anybody here; and I'll probably never quit hoping that he'll return to the band; but that hasn't kept me from liking Phil-X. I like most of the Drills' songs that I've listened to, even though I'm not crazy about the latest release. He's a talented guitarist who brings a much-needed energy to the band, and I agree with those who think he's underutilized. I also admire the way he stays in touch with his fans. Gotta say, he's a lot more patient than I would be with those who are clearly only interested in his connection with Bon Jovi, and who wouldn't give a rip about him otherwise.

But why would I want to listen to a band I've never heard of, just because X played lead on their song? Especially after you said nobody would know it was Phil anyway? I'm not seeing a connection between that and Richie, at all, except maybe in your mind.
:confused:

Sometimes it seems like you almost resent anyone who hasn't written Richie off the way you say you have. Yet you brought him up twice in the last 8 posts, none of which had anything to do with him. It's something to consider the next time you wonder why so many threads get derailed by a Richie discussion; because that's exactly how most of those derailments get started.

Wow - I was looking for a discussion - not an attack.

JackieBlue 11-12-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1259949)
Wow - I was looking for a discussion - not an attack.

That read like an attack to you? It certainly wasn't intended to be; so I apologize if it came across that way. I thought we actually were having a discussion - about the points you raised in your previous posts. But now I'm curious to know what I said that made you feel attacked.

Bounce7800 12-04-2019 04:19 PM

Phil X & The Drills playing in the UK in March. Tix onsale Friday

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/phil-...artist/1966421

YOVANAfromPeru 12-04-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1260205)
Phil X & The Drills playing in the UK in March. Tix onsale Friday

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/phil-...artist/1966421

Nobody cares!!! (It's really exhausting to post "Nobody cares!!!" everytime). Nah, to be honest, I think in this forum there are a lot of Europeans so I guess some of you are going. Not me! (pun intended).

WILDJOVIMAN 12-06-2019 11:49 AM

i so happy Phil & The Drills play a Show in vienna.
i´ve already booked my hotel and bought tickets !!
I´m soooo happy

james_d 12-06-2019 01:31 PM

Have to admit, really not clicking with Phils solo stuff which is a shame as I love when he's let loose with BJ

JackieBlue 12-06-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1260228)
Have to admit, really not clicking with Phils solo stuff which is a shame as I love when he's let loose with BJ

I'm the opposite. I like his Drills stuff better than what I've seen him do with BJ because it seems more authentic to me.

@WILDJOVIMAN: I hope you enjoy your show! He seems like he'd be a fun, no-holds-barred kind of frontman.

I'm surprised, though, that more people aren't questioning what the fact that the Drills are booked throughout March might say about a Bon Jovi tour next year.