Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

TBoy 03-14-2010 12:51 AM

There was just us and the stones... The Flintstones! Hahaha, amazing. :)

bonjovifreak 03-14-2010 01:21 AM

I love Bullet and I don't care if people don't. I think its a very good first try.

jungleland 03-14-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifreak (Post 978026)
I love Bullet and I don't care if people don't. I think its a very good first try.

Absolutely ! Sounds good!

bonjovifreak 03-14-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 978022)
I love it, sounds good..... there was only us and the stone... the flintstones LOL

thanks Terri.

Dawn

Dawn
Totally agree it sounds very good. I hope they keep playing it because there is definite improvement especially Jon's voice.

luceknight 03-14-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 977996)

wow...very good for first performance!!! I like Jon's voice in here!!
but....again........:rolleyes: well...someday i'll stop complain about the crowd.....i'll have to ¬¬

davidbow1e 03-14-2010 03:34 AM

Personally...I HATE the PRO SHOT footage of Bullet. The fan-video for me is a lot better, gets the energy through a lot more than just the soundboard. Sounded 100% better thru the fan camera rather than that pro-shot IMO.

Bleeding Purist 03-14-2010 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 977996)

Wow, that was an unexpected way to start my Saturday night. Thanks, Terri! They really pulled it off better than I expected.

Now on to the next treat...Only Lonely.

Bleeding Purist 03-14-2010 04:30 AM

"die-hard lunatic fans."

Yup, that would be correct.

Wow! You know..I gotta first say that my initial impression was that Jon was only doing it reluctantly. I wouldn't blame him if he just couldn't feel the product of what he probably regards as being the equal of those poems we'd write in Junior High off a steady diet of the 80's hair bands of the time.

Then there is the fact that when I have fairly set prejudice in loving the live arrangement as done in 1985 with Tico pounding in leading up the 2nd part of the first verse along with the full stop after "when to stop!" Yet again, I have yet to hear a live version of the studio arrangement. So I avoided being underwhelmed. I also couldn't help but notice Jon did well with finding some connection with the song, allowing himself to feel it. By the 2nd verse and onward he seemed to be catching stride.

I am convinced the run at O2 is going to be legendary. I ignore the audience here as much as I can since I regard these early performances as mere warm ups for a far more receptive and rabid audience overseas. I am not setting expectations for Giants... the U.S. is just a different game.

Bleedingguitar 03-14-2010 08:04 AM

I enjoyed the bullet performance.

Only Lonely; not so much. Jon sounds extremely whingy. Still credit to them for playing it.

jungleland 03-14-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidbow1e (Post 978048)
Personally...I HATE the PRO SHOT footage of Bullet. The fan-video for me is a lot better, gets the energy through a lot more than just the soundboard. Sounded 100% better thru the fan camera rather than that pro-shot IMO.

wow the bitching has reached an alltime low: "Yeah Bj-com released a pro-shot footage of a new song played for the very frist time when the could have released a clip recorded with a cellphone with shitty sound. Booo Bj.com you suck!!!!"