Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nothing - Remasterd? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69626)

danfan 08-29-2016 12:07 AM

Nothing - Remasterd?

I just recently found a 30 second clip on YouTube of this unreleased track from HAND. Does a full remastered version of this one exist, or just the crappy sounding one we've already heard?

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 12:19 AM

It's never been released in any format by this band, just the Bo Bice version.

Is this the one you saw?

danfan 08-29-2016 12:29 AM

Yes.

I know it wasn't released by the band.

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 12:33 AM

I apologize, I thought you saw a remastered clip online and were asking if it came from an official source.

Walleris 08-29-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1205519)
It's never been released in any format by this band, just the Bo Bice version.

Bon Jovi - Nothing (REMASTERED) - YouTube Is this the one you saw?

I'm no pro, but to me it doesn't sound any better than the 'crappy' full version. Which is not surprising, since this 'remastering' is based on that version.

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to get anything better than that :( HAND just doesn't sound like one of those albums that's ever going to be repackaged for an anniversary with outtakes and stuff.

Gadden 08-29-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1205522)
I'm no pro, but to me it doesn't sound any better than the 'crappy' full version. Which is not surprising, since this 'remastering' is based on that version.

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to get anything better than that :( HAND just doesn't sound like one of those albums that's ever going to be repackaged for an anniversary with outtakes and stuff.

It is a matter of taste of course but I sure think it sounds better.

Anyhow... I am not complete satisfied with the ends result so I am keeping the full version it in the vault for now.

Walleris 08-29-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1205534)
It is a matter of taste of course but I sure think it sounds better.

Anyhow... I am not complete satisfied with the ends result so I am keeping the full version it in the vault for now.

I did not mean to offend your work. I'm sure you made the most of that recording, it's just the difference is very incremental to an untrained ear like mine. I just had the impression from the first post that perhaps there was a better recording leaked somewhere.

bonjovi90 08-29-2016 01:23 PM

I had even given this to someone who owns a recording studio and he said that the noise comes from some strange compression used on the leaked version and that you simply can't get a really clean sound of this existing recording.

Dave 1986 08-29-2016 02:56 PM

Isn't the entire pre-release Have a Nice Day album circulating on CD meant to have better overall quality? I remember some years ago someone here mentioned that the quality was much nicer than the watery-sounding mp3s most of us have.

Gadden 08-29-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1205537)
Isn't the entire pre-release Have a Nice Day album circulating on CD meant to have better overall quality? I remember some years ago someone here mentioned that the quality was much nicer than the watery-sounding mp3s most of us have.

It is not much of a difference.

Dave 1986 08-29-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1205538)
It is not much of a difference.

That's a shame. Wouldn't mind hearing the original 2004 album in good quality. A Deluxe Edition included both versions of the album would be nice but like Walleris said, Have a Nice Day is probably not "worthy" of such a release compared to other albums.

It's my faith 08-29-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1205534)

Based on the sample you uploaded, I think you did a great job! It's the best version you can find in the internet by far... maybe reconsider your decision and upload the whole version? :D

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 04:56 PM

I don't think it's a matter of the album being worthy, I just recall Jon saying they didn't demo songs, just recorded the ones that made it making Nothing the only track they could possibly release. Not really enough to warrant a full blown release. Digitally is another story.

rolo_tomachi 08-29-2016 05:40 PM

I tried to remaster this a million times. but that distorted noise ruining the song.

Denmad 08-29-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1205522)

History shows, that there are some alternative ways to release old songs:

- box-set (they still have a dozens of outtakes, studio covers, demos and alternative versions of already known songs, that could made another box-set)
- b-side ("Drive" was released as a b-side years after it was recorded. Same goes to "Fields of Fire" or "Let's Make it Baby", released on "These Days" bonus disc)
- web release ("Gimme Some", "Do it to Ya" and "Bitter Wine (demo)" were released by American XS program)

rolo_tomachi 08-29-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmad (Post 1205544)

- box-set (they still have a dozens of outtakes, studio covers, demos and alternative versions of already known songs, that could made another box-set)
- b-side ("Drive" was released as a b-side years after it was recorded. Same goes to "Fields of Fire" or "Let's Make it Baby", released on "These Days" bonus disc)
- web release ("Gimme Some", "Do it to Ya" and "Bitter Wine (demo)" were released by American XS program)

Gimme Some is another song that I love, but has a poor sound quality.

Denmad 08-29-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205545)
Gimme Some is another song that I love, but has a poor sound quality.

Agreed. It was a long time ago.
I hope for better quality in possible future web releases... just like Obie tracks from 2010, that were in 320 kbps.

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 06:08 PM

The way albums have been selling, especially theirs, another box set is a pipe dream that just ain't going to happen.

Denmad 08-29-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1205547)
The way albums have been selling, especially theirs, another box set is a pipe dream that just ain't going to happen.

Let's wait until October 21st, to see if you're right, or wrong.
https://www.imusic.dk/lp/06025470280...-20lp-lp-vinyl

I'm pretty sure that box-set with unreleased stuff would have been cheaper and a lot more attractive than the above, so I really don't see any reason why it would have been a pipe dream. Especially since 2004 box-set was a gift for a fans, instead of another attempt to earn big money ;)

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 08:21 PM

Gifts are nice but they still require label funding. It was from a different era of labels and still didnt do well. Its just the sad truth. The intent is all well and good. If a cd of bon jovi rarities sells well in this day and age then Burning Bridges would have been a success.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Walleris 08-29-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmad (Post 1205544)

I wish I was that naive... The third option is the only one even close to being probable. And yet, it still doesn't at all sound like something that Bon Jovi of today would do.

Denmad 08-29-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1205551)
I wish I was that naive... The third option is the only one even close to being probable. And yet, it still doesn't at all sound like something that Bon Jovi of today would do.

I did not say that "Nothing" will be released in one way or another. I showed you that there are many ways to get unreleased track in the future. Not only "repackage" of HAND, which you have mentioned.

Another way is infamous posthumous album, but I guess that none of us are waiting for that.

Bounce7800 08-29-2016 09:13 PM

As nice as the NJ release was,anything like that really should be online downloads only. They could make enough money releasing single tracks or a b side album just via iTunes without any of the costs of a conventional album release. Hopefully they will look to this soon.

Rdkopper 08-30-2016 03:23 AM

Allow me to chime in here cause that's what I do and that's my purpose!!!

Let me just start by saying that although my ultimate goal is to get as many songs as I can in the best possible quality ever, I am so over the song 'Nothing'

I really don't think the song is as great as everyone makes it out to be around here... It's one of those songs that should have made the final album. And if it did, it would have faded out like all the other songs off HAND...

Unless Jon releases the song from the master copy, that noise could never be removed form the individual track out there today... It's like trying to remove the drums or any other type of individual sound or instrument... It can't be done...

As far as us getting bonus songs via some type of vehicle, that is definitely possible... There are a ton of less popular bands out there who sell a lot less copies of albums and they still manage to pop out releases...

Jon just resigned with his record company so I'm hoping for a lot of future compilations... If they record company was smart, they should come up with creative and strategic way's to capitalize from their large fan base...