Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 03-18-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262395)
Very well said. Germany is heading in the same direction, my mum is a surgery nurse, so she'd in the midst of that as well. Yet when she comes home, she likes to watchher favourite series or listen to her favourite bands. It's not about sales, it's about giving the people something to take their minds off when they get home.
There's always something more serious in the world or in life than releases, but that should never be a counting factor.

My mother is 70 years old, and would have to undergo surgery this Friday for a tumor. But I don't know if it will finally happen, due to medical conditions and lack of material. I've been waiting for this operation for several months, so we can't let it go much longer. Another fact, my father died in 2006 of a metastasis lung cancer.

So I know very well the anguish and the frustration of these days, but a person cannot spend 24 hours thinking about the problem and the negative everyday. Sometimes you have to take a breather.

Captmorgs 03-18-2020 07:55 PM

I have to imagine Jon wishes he didn’t name the album Bon Jovi 2020 with 2020 now going down as one of worst years ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 03-18-2020 08:17 PM

In addition, to write a socially conscious album and then take two years from the writing process to the actual release date, kind of makes the album dated right from the get-go.

I mean who really cares about Stormy Daniel's at this point?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Dave88 03-18-2020 08:25 PM

But we've got plenty of stuff to distract. 15 or so studio albums, live releases, countless bootlegs and YouTube videos, outtakes and b-sides. And that's strictly Bon Jovi talking.

There's no denying in the comfort power of music, but simply isn't the moment for a new release. Asking for new songs just because one's stuck at home simply sound selfish and greedy to me. The only thing Jon should do in this moment is donate money.

Today, Italy has recorded a staggering new record in deaths. We're at war. I hope your countries won't be as much affected as us.

Better times will come. And with them, we'll start thinking about new music as well.

rolo_tomachi 03-18-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1262400)
But we've got plenty of stuff to distract. 15 or so studio albums, live releases, countless bootlegs and YouTube videos, outtakes and b-sides. And that's strictly Bon Jovi talking.

There's no denying in the comfort power of music, but simply isn't the moment for a new release. Asking for new songs just because one's stuck at home simply sound selfish and greedy to me. The only thing Jon should do in this moment is donate money.

Today, Italy has recorded a staggering new record in deaths. We're at war. I hope your countries won't be as much affected as us.

Better times will come. And with them, we'll start thinking about new music as well.

Well, this could be an interesting debate. Why are we here right now? here at Jovitalk? here precisely looking at this thread.

bonjovi90 03-18-2020 11:17 PM

I also hope the band makes it through these troubling times without any bigger incidents happening. I mean, Jon and Dave are in their late 50's and still seem pretty healthy, but Tico and Hugh are edging close to their 70's and are in the endangered demographic group.

Rdkopper 03-18-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262402)
I also hope the band makes it through these troubling times without any bigger incidents happening. I mean, Jon and Dave are in their late 50's and still seem pretty healthy, but Tico and Hugh are edging close to their 70's and are in the endangered demographic group.

I'm sure Tico's lungs can't handle this virus

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 03-19-2020 12:58 AM

I'm not too worried about Hugh, bass players don't have to do 1/4 the shit drummers do.

Alphavictim 03-19-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262396)
My mother is 70 years old, and would have to undergo surgery this Friday for a tumor. But I don't know if it will finally happen, due to medical conditions and lack of material. I've been waiting for this operation for several months, so we can't let it go much longer. Another fact, my father died in 2006 of a metastasis lung cancer.

So I know very well the anguish and the frustration of these days, but a person cannot spend 24 hours thinking about the problem and the negative everyday. Sometimes you have to take a breather.

All the best of luck and health to your mother, Rolo! Stay safe and stay healthy everyone.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-19-2020 01:33 AM

they should do a contest for a guitar solo in Limitless, and Richie should win >_< jaja