Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TLFR a flop. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=21822)

Sambo-Chris 01-19-2004 01:49 PM

Well, they had to. The record company wanted something. Jon said this in an interview. Yokohama wasn't good but they had to give the record company something. That's also the reason why they only had 4 weeks for TLFR.

StoneDeaf 01-19-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*
Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
Well just perhaps they know it's crap and wont make fools of themselves by trying to promote such thing :lol:

They would not have released it if they'd think or know that it is crap.

yes they would if record company said they had to :lol:

StoneDeaf 01-19-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
Well, they had to. The record company wanted something. Jon said this in an interview. Yokohama wasn't good but they had to give the record company something. That's also the reason why they only had 4 weeks for TLFR.

Yokohama would have been million times better, even if it was "no good" :twisted:

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 01-19-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Yokohama would have been million times better, even if it was "no good" :twisted:

That's exactly the point. They did not have only 4 weeks for TLFR because they had something to deliver! As they are recording every show they do have an amount of recordings they could have thrown out if it all was just about the record company who wanted them to deliver something.

No, they got the idea of TLFR and WANTED to do it this way. That's why they were in a hurry - the idea came a little late. That's all I think.

StoneDeaf 01-19-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's exactly the point. They did not have only 4 weeks for TLFR because they had something to deliver! As they are recording every show they do have an amount of recordings they could have thrown out if it all was just about the record company who wanted them to deliver something.

No, they got the idea of TLFR and WANTED to do it this way. That's why they were in a hurry - the idea came a little late. That's all I think.

I dont think they record every show in quality good enough to release them. and if they were to release a show, I guess they'd still do plenty of overdubs and so on before putting it out.

with TLFR, they're just digging their grave, even if they wanted to. at least now they have an excuse to call it quits, since it didnt sell that well :lol:

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 01-19-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

with TLFR, they're just digging their grave, even if they wanted to. at least now they have an excuse to call it quits, since it didnt sell that well :lol:

I still like it and I guess the band does, too.

StoneDeaf 01-19-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I still like it and I guess the band does, too.

and it still is a flop.

Mousebounce 01-19-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

That's why they were in a hurry - the idea came a little late. That's all I think.

Keeper 01-19-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My thoughts exactly! :D

Santa_Fe 01-19-2004 04:55 PM

I believe this number is very good for this record. I don't think they expected big sales.

And I also think in the future the sales of this record should be consistent (in a good way). Unlike Bounce/Crush. B/C are shooting stars. TLFR is a slow-cooker.