Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Savvi 10-02-2020 01:24 AM

Going to be an interesting week on the charts. Mariah Carey's rarities compilation and Queen + Adam Lamberts new album are also released today.

Good to see Jovi 2020 currently beating both of them for #1 on iTunes in Australia, atm.

EDIT: Oh Queen's album is a live album. Don't think it'll have as much appeal as a studio album.

Jonty 10-02-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1268245)
Going to be an interesting week on the charts. Mariah Carey's rarities compilation and Queen + Adam Lamberts new album are also released today.

Good to see Jovi 2020 currently beating both of them for #1 on iTunes in Australia, atm.

EDIT: Oh Queen's album is a live album. Don't think it'll have as much appeal as a studio album.

Actually must buy that too!

cqleonardo 10-02-2020 01:58 AM

not sure if anyone saw but the lyrics are on genius
https://genius.com/albums/Bon-jovi/B..._w5GatFyyJK-x8

Rdkopper 10-02-2020 02:49 AM

Is Shanks the sole producer? I saw someone mention Dann Huff. When I get the album tomorrow, I'll check out the booklet.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 10-02-2020 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1268251)
Is Shanks the sole producer? I saw someone mention Dann Huff. When I get the album tomorrow, I'll check out the booklet.

IIRC, Jon said in one of the interviews about the DWYC duet with Jennifer that they involved Dann Huff, so I'm thinking it's just the one song

Rdkopper 10-02-2020 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1268252)
IIRC, Jon said in one of the interviews about the DWYC duet with Jennifer that they involved Dann Huff, so I'm thinking it's just the one song

I just listened to the album with Beats Studio Headphones and the clarity of the instrumentation is incredible. From piano, to guitars, and especially the drums.

Why weren't albums produced like this from inception? Who made the call to change it?

I'd love to know the conversation that took place.

Maybe it was the Nashville Studio?

cqleonardo 10-02-2020 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1268253)
I just listened to the album with Beats Studio Headphones and the clarity of the instrumentation is incredible. From piano, to guitars, and especially the drums.

Why weren't albums produced like this from inception? Who made the call to change it?

I'd love to know the conversation that took place.

Maybe it was the Nashville Studio?

I believe is Jon's voice that made them do this album like this... He finally realized that he can't keep doing that soft pop rock he's been doing since 05, trying to hit another It's my Life... he can't sing like that, so he cant do songs like that... Pop productions are always a mess, too heavy on some stuff, plastic-ish instruments, that was my let down for the last albuns but this one is not produced as a pop record... this is why sounds like this

sweetmisery 10-02-2020 04:35 AM

Guys, it is not yet on Apple Music in my country. But wondering, is the album too political? Reason I am asking cuz in FB, I read several posts saying "another win for the Democrats" about the album and lots of likes/comments.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-02-2020 04:50 AM

So I listened it, and I literally fell asleep in Unbroken...
I don't like it >_<, I only like Limitless and also live.
Hopefully the songs sound better live.
Maybe they are too modern for my taste.
I gotta listen now something like When She Comes for the bad mouth taste.

cqleonardo 10-02-2020 05:17 AM

here I am listening now on Spotify (helping mr JBJ to pay some bills) and I have the biggest smile on my face, yes they don't make songs like they did in the 80s and the 90s, they don't sound live like the 80s and the 90s but I love this band so freaking much that the fact they are still releasing songs and playing around the world fills my heart with so much joy