Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Jacko set for o2 residency! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47805)

mo_rizwan 03-06-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 910366)
Aloha !

Cool stuff Mo. There's another rumour going; he'll do a cover of the Elton John song "Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me". Is that true?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'll ask and get back to you :mrgreen:

You just make sure you and your mate can do that favour I've asked :)

KeepTheFaith2211 03-06-2009 06:10 PM

Did anyone watch GMTV this morning? His unnoficial biographer slated him, saying stuff like 'don't pay the prcies as he may not turn up to the shows' and 'the man is in very poor health'. My word. :|

Some of the prices that have been banded about today are disgusting, £15000 for the best seats? No way! I would like to go and see him as I am a fan of his music but I don't like the man TBH. Not gonna get into that though.

mo_rizwan 03-06-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 910381)
Some of the prices that have been banded about today are disgusting, £15000 for the best seats?

Where did you read that from?

Unless they're talking about VIP seats, which fans aren't too much bothered about.

But like I said before, tickets are priced from £50-£75. My prediction is that MJ negotiated with AEG to make them cheaper than expected for the fans. I would love to see Madonna do that :D

Supersonic 03-06-2009 07:42 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 910391)
My prediction is that MJ negotiated with AEG to make them cheaper than expected for the fans. I would love to see Madonna do that :D

My prediction is that Jackson kept the prices low in order to sell as many tickets as possible. He'll probably get a bonus for every show he sells out, and with ticket prices being lower than usual, there's a bigger chance of selling out, and therefore a bigger chance of more dates added to the bill, which again means more money for Jackson as he'll probably get a bonus for every single show he books beforehand.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

hometownboy 03-06-2009 07:49 PM

Plus if this is his last time london their gonna want 10 sell out nights, i doubt at the moment people could afford the £100+ tickets (especially when you have to buy more than one) but £50,£65 or £75 is really reasonable so i bet more people will go on that basis alone. It's a bargain!

mo_rizwan 03-06-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 910392)
Aloha !

My prediction is that Jackson kept the prices low in order to sell as many tickets as possible. He'll probably get a bonus for every show he sells out, and with ticket prices being lower than usual, there's a bigger chance of selling out, and therefore a bigger chance of more dates added to the bill, which again means more money for Jackson as he'll probably get a bonus for every single show he books beforehand.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Well, I still believe that 20 more dates have been booked, only they're not gonna announce anything yet.

liljovi93 03-06-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 910398)
Well, I still believe that 20 more dates have been booked, only they're not gonna announce anything yet.

I think a few more will get added too.

I just don't see the fuss in going to see someone who just mimes for a lot of money. I know it's Michael Jackson and it could be the last time people go and see him, but he can't move like he used too and he can't sing now. It's just my opinion but i think it's a waste.

Goldsausage 03-06-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 910406)
I think a few more will get added too.

I just don't see the fuss in going to see someone who just mimes for a lot of money. I know it's Michael Jackson and it could be the last time people go and see him, but he can't move like he used too and he can't sing now. It's just my opinion but i think it's a waste.

Elvis can no longer shake his pelvis, sing, dance or play guitar but I'd love to go visit him in Graceland.

liljovi93 03-06-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 910410)
Elvis can no longer shake his pelvis, sing, dance or play guitar but I'd love to go visit him in Graceland.

And pay money for it??

Goldsausage 03-06-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 910414)
And pay money for it??

Well are you offering me a free plane ride and place to stay?