Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Livin' In Sin" live (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46914)

severo17 11-18-2008 11:01 PM

"Livin' In Sin" live

Was "Livin' In Sin" ever played live in the Keep the Faith, These Days and Crush tours?
If so, anyone knows in which shows?
Thanks

RSROCKS 11-18-2008 11:27 PM

If you wanna know, I would check out Seb's site as I don't think any of us would know this off the top of our heads.

The only one I know is Australia 10/17/1993 because it was an interesting setlist.

Simon 11-19-2008 12:33 AM

Just checked the Australia setlist out. Indeed very nice.

From all I've seen the setlist of the KTF tour was pretty stable over all. Not SO many changes or surprises. I have some bootlegs, mostly the same setlist. It seems it wasn't until 1995 that they started mixing things more up, while coming to a fulminant climax in 1996, where every show was super long and special.

That said, we can be quite greatful nowadays, in comparison we get a differnet show every night... ;-)

KeepTheFaith2211 11-19-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 889963)
Just checked the Australia setlist out. Indeed very nice.

From all I've seen the setlist of the KTF tour was pretty stable over all. Not SO many changes or surprises. I have some bootlegs, mostly the same setlist. It seems it wasn't until 1995 that they started mixing things more up, while coming to a fulminant climax in 1996, where every show was super long and special.

That said, we can be quite greatful nowadays, in comparison we get a differnet show every night... ;-)

Every KTF show was fantastic...it had With A Little Help From My Friends.

Simon 11-19-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 890025)
Every KTF show was fantastic...it had With A Little Help From My Friends.

I didn't doubt the shows were good, I enjoy the bootlegs a lot. But not every show had "With A Little Help". My point was the lack of diversity in the setlists of that tour and that there has been quite some improvement since.

RS8MB0R8 11-19-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 890030)
I didn't doubt the shows were good, I enjoy the bootlegs a lot. But not every show had "With A Little Help". My point was the lack of diversity in the setlists of that tour and that there has been quite some improvement since.

Most tracks in the setlists were great back then though. They may change it up more nowadays - they would, they have much more material to draw from - but their 'filler song' choices are not the most popular, again because they have such a wide catalogue to draw from in comparison to the early 90s.

Here's an interesting question to ponder though and I'm certainly not 100% where my opinion truly lies -

If you could only attend one more Bon Jovi show and you had the choice of either selecting a setlist reminiscent of the early 90s, which varied little or a setlist that is more in-keeping with last tour's, which would you choose?

Both have their positives and negatives but, energy of the performances aside, I think I would probably opt for the chance of getting a set which could feature some 'These Days' material and possibly great songs like 'Always' (which the KTF show obviously wouldn't have) than to have an early 90s show.

severo17 11-19-2008 06:26 PM

Thanks for the information
Just saw the setlist from that show, but I don't seem to find the bootleg in nowhere.
Oh well

Captain Walrus 11-19-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 890033)
Most tracks in the setlists were great back then though. They may change it up more nowadays - they would, they have much more material to draw from - but their 'filler song' choices are not the most popular, again because they have such a wide catalogue to draw from in comparison to the early 90s.

Here's an interesting question to ponder though and I'm certainly not 100% where my opinion truly lies -

If you could only attend one more Bon Jovi show and you had the choice of either selecting a setlist reminiscent of the early 90s, which varied little or a setlist that is more in-keeping with last tour's, which would you choose?

Both have their positives and negatives but, energy of the performances aside, I think I would probably opt for the chance of getting a set which could feature some 'These Days' material and possibly great songs like 'Always' (which the KTF show obviously wouldn't have) than to have an early 90s show.

That's an interesting question. I'd personally make the same choice as you, mainly for the same reason. Although it also might have something to do with the fact that I've so far seen almost every single BJ song live that was performed during the KTF ... its only the really REALLY rare ones like Fear and If I Was Your Mother that I haven't seen, and there'd be almost no chance of seeing them if I picked a KTF setlist anyways

KeepTheFaith2211 11-19-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 890030)

Sorry about that then, misread it :lol:

RS8MB0R8:

I think I would still choose the KTF setlist. I think the setlists were fantastic back then(Blaze, Bed Of Roses, Dry County, Help From My Friends) and they would have more energy compared to nowadays. :)